Bellazon

Issue with making a quote reply with pictures in them.

Ness

Its just how IPB works, has nothing to do with us. If its on the same page quote then it will work, if it is on a different page it will not. And for it to work onthe same page it has to be an inline attachment. sry nothing we can do

Oh that's really weird. But I guess I understand. It has to be on the same page, and an inline attachment. I just wish that was explained somewhere instead of me having to do all of this investigating.

Ok, it is quite simple actually. The reason why some attachments show up and others don't is when someone uploads an image it gets associated with that post only (kinda like how a storage device works, if that makes sense.) However, if the person decides to add the the attachment directly onto the post, the board inserts an inline image code onto the post. Which explains why, when quoted, those images show up b/c the code tells it where the image is located ;)

^ Sorry but I have to laugh :nicole:

*runs out of thread before I get stoned*

You won't get stoned.

I wasn't being serious really. :rofl:

I mean...it just isn't that big a deal. That's why it's never been mentioned elsewhere bluestar87 :flower:

True, it isn't that big of a deal when compared to other aspects of life. However, I just like knowing how the message boards I use as a member work. In case I do want to quote someone's post with a photo in it.