Bellazon

Ethnicity/Nationality

The Joker

So ive read this interesting conversation between thiago, josie and nina about models' backgrounds and it leads me into ...errr... curiosity. :shifty:

Jeisa, Gisele, Alessandra ... are actually no pure Brazillian ?!! Were their parents born in Brazil ?!! Theyr European ?!! :confused:

Jeisa is err.... German/Itialian ?!! Ale is Polish/Italian ?? Gisele is German ?!! ( :drool: )

Whats about Raquel, Bianca .... ?!!

After all, European are the most gorgeous people ?!! HAHA :laugh:

And Marisa Miller is American, her ancestor doesnt count, too old, ancient, history !!! :persuazn:

Gisele's parents, Jeisa's parents, Alessandra's parents, Raquel's parents are all brazilians!!

People just can't understand! When they see a blonde american, they just say: "She's a typical american girl..." When they see a blonde brazilian they say: "No way she's brazilian, her parents are european she was just born in Brazil" <_<

10% of the brazilian population have german background!

25% italian

30% spanish

more than 60% portuguese

40% african

and a bunch of other nacionalities...

If people can say: "gisele's last name is german, she's not brazilian"

I can say: "Marisa's last name is german, she's not american"

How do you know Marisa's ancestor is too old? Nobody searched because she's american and having an european look it's just normal, but Gisele is brazilian then everybody asks her "Are you 100% brazilian? Where are you grandparents from?"

People just think everybody in Brazil have to be really tanned and have dark hair? That's just stupid talk from people who never studied another countries...

Gisele, Jeisa, Adriana, Alessandra, Ana, they are all Brazilian. That is their nationality. Their ethnicity maybe be polish for one and african and something else for the other, but their nationality is Brazilian. Take Marisa and Tyra(can't think of another american) Tyra's ethnicity is African heritage and Marisa's is European, but their nationality is the US. Get it?

People just can't understand! When they see a blonde american, they just say: "She's a typical american girl..." When they see a blonde brazilian they say: "No way she's brazilian, her parents are european she was just born in Brazil" <_<

Really ?!! Thats strange. :laugh:

25% italian

30% spanish

more than 60% portuguese

40% african

OMG :drool: Is that why theyr so gorgeous ?!!! HAHA... and.... there's no pure Brazillian ?!! I mean American comes with Indian, England comes with Brittish and .... Brazillian comes with European ?!! *pinches -self* :confused:

How do you know Marisa's ancestor is too old? Nobody searched because she's american and having an european look it's just normal, but Gisele is brazilian then everybody asks her "Are you 100% brazilian? Where are you grandparents from?"

But 100% Brazillian is still not Brazillian, isnt it ?!! Right ?!! :cry:

Brasil is very diverse Joker. :p That's why intresting and beautiful things come from there. :wub2:

I know, im packing my bags to Brazil now :laugh:

Gisele, Jeisa, Adriana, Alessandra, Ana, they are all Brazilian. That is their nationality. Their ethnicity maybe be polish for one and african and something else for the other, but their nationality is Brazilian. Take Marisa and Tyra(can't think of another american) Tyra's ethnicity is African heritage and Marisa's is European, but their nationality is the US. Get it?

Ah HAHA of course :dontgetit:

Wouldn't true Brazilian's by ethnicity be those ppl who came from the tribes of the region dating back thousands of years? I would think so, I mean look at American's by ethnicity, too be truly American wouldn't you need to be Native American? (proud to say I'm a quarter native american!)

Really ?!! Thats strange. :laugh:

25% italian

30% spanish

more than 60% portuguese

40% african

OMG :drool: Is that why theyr so gorgeous ?!!! HAHA... and.... there's no pure Brazillian ?!! I mean American comes with Indian, England comes with Brittish and .... Brazillian comes with European ?!! *pinches -self* :confused:

There are the native americans that I forgot :ninja: It's about 40% of the people too :yes: It's a really mixed country, that's why there's so many different people :)

But 100% Brazillian is still not Brazillian, isnt it ?!! Right ?!! :cry:

It's the way xanessa said :D

A few things...

First, the comparison between Marisa and Gisele is not apt. The United States has now been around long enough to have bred a look that's quintessentially "American," and I like to think Marisa is the epitamy of it. It's the same thing as there being a typical Italian look or typical French look. Are they based on stereotypes? Of course, but stereotypes are born out of truth. But the traces of European ancestry are gone in her and even the name "Miller" has become Americanized to the point it's one of the most common names here -- there's no longer anything German about it or European about her. Can you say the same for Gisele? No. She was born in an area of Brazil heavily populated by descendents of German immigrants -- and well-known for it -- and if both her parents' family lines are so directly German that they both still speak it, then they're obviously still a product of Germany more so than Brazil in my opinion.

Am I saying I think she should be called German rather than Brazilian? No, but if people question her ethnicity, I won't be surprised and I won't think less of them for a perfectly reasonable assumption, misguided as it might be.

Secondly, saying Native Americans are the "true" Americans is idiocy: they came across the Bering Straight from Asia just as everyone else crossed the Atlantic or the Pacific later on. So they're no more American than anyone else.

After all, it really doesn´t count much, does it? I mean, it doesn´t matter which colour you are, but where you were born and what you call home :) Even if I was born in Africa, and raised there, I would call myself African :D (with my white skin and blue eyes :laugh: )

Secondly, saying Native Americans are the "true" Americans is idiocy: they came across the Bering Straight from Asia just as everyone else crossed the Atlantic or the Pacific later on. So they're no more American than anyone else.

at least they came first, didn´t they?? :rofl: :D :D

oh, and agree with Matt too...I think Marisa is a great example of "american style"...I can´t see the slightest inch of european in her.

There are the native americans that I forgot :ninja: It's about 40% of the people too :yes: It's a really mixed country, that's why there's so many different people :)

You guys have various looks :yes:

And Indian American are Asian. Great !!! :laugh:

Even though Gisele's ethnicity blod is german, she's 100% brazilian as she said in many interviews :)

Can she speak Germany ?!! She can speak Spainish, Portuguese and English.... models are genius ?!! :ermm:

You guys have various looks :yes:

Even though Gisele's ethnicity blod is german, she's 100% brazilian as she said in many interviews :)

Can she speak German ?!! She can speak Spainish, Portuguese and English.... models are genius ?!! :ermm:

Yes, we do :p

She does speak some things in german :yes: , there was a cellphone commercial in brazil that she used to say:

"I know a little bit of german because of my father, when I'm in NY I speak english, In France I speak a bit of french, when I'm in Milan I speak italian and then she said somethign about the cellphone that I forgot :laugh: "