Bellazon

Heather Bratton
Thumbnail

dna

Sadly this lovely angel is no longer with us

Heather Bratton (June 25, 1987 – July 22, 2006) was an American fashion model.

She was featured on the February & May 2006 covers of Italian Vogue and had also appeared during the summer of 2006 in shows in Milan and Paris, modeling for Prada, Gucci, Burberry and Chanel.

With Heather's career booming, many fashion insiders were toting her as the next big thing. The fashion community was stunned to hear the unexpected news that she was killed in a car crash on July 22, 2006. Heather was buried in her home state of South Carolina. The September 2006 issue of Paris Vogue is dedicated to her memory.

I was going to make a thread about her....it's so sad that she died at such a young age.

I read somewhere a very interesting article from V about her, but it was translated to polish, maybe I will find it somewhere in english and post here.

UP-AND-COMING MODEL HEATHER BRATTON DIED TRAGICALLY IN A CAR ACCIDENT ON THE NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE ON THE MORNING OF JULY 22, 2006. IT NOT ONLY CLAIMED THE LIFE OF A RISING STAR IN FASHION, BUT A 19-YEAR-OLD WITH A BEAUTIFUL HEART. HER AGENT DEREK DAYLEY REMEMBERS A WOMAN WHO DIDN'T LIKE HEELS AND LIVED FOR HER FAMILY. BRATTON WAS AN ULTIMATE V-GIRL AND WE MISS HER VERY MUCH

The first time I met Heather was August of 2005. My first and lasting impression of her was this: she walked into the agency and had bright purple velour flip-flops on. Since it was almost time for the shows, I asked her if she had any heels, and if not, what size foot she had so I could get her a pair. She told me that she had a size medium. That was one of the great things about Heather. She didn’t pretend to know all about fashion, and she had no problem admitting that she did not know who Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell were. She was one hundred percent herself. She was very curious and wanted to learn, so she listened and remembered everything.

As a model, Heather was a very calm and quiet one. Everyone noticed her potential immediately. Everything happened really fast, all the magazines, the shows… At first she felt a bit overwhelmed. Her first show season was especially hard for her. She wasn’t used to wearing heels and her feet really hurt—to the point were she could barely walk. She prevailed and made us all very proud of her. She was very professional—always on time. In fact, she was always early.

One thing that Heather’s family told me recently was that one of her dreams in life was to be able to walk in a show, be on the cover of a magazine, and to be in a campaign. Heather accomplished those dreams, even though she modeled for only a year.

The most important thing in her life was her family. She loved them so much. I remember hearing her talk about them all the time. She made a calendar for me once that had nearly thirty birthdays on it. She wanted me to make sure that she had all of those days off—all the days were birthdays of her brothers and sisters in Florida, her grandma and grandpa, and her cousins in South Carolina.

Heather knew very well what she wanted. She always talked about how much she would like to be an interior designer after modeling. I’ve talked to many people who knew her and they all agree about how huge her heart was. She was the sweetest person I’ve ever met. She only cared about making everyone happy. We lost her way, way too soon... I will miss her greatly. Derek Dayley

source:V magazine, http://vmagazine.com/fashion_article.php?n=200

R.I.P. Heather

And the last name please ... :confused:

UP-AND-COMING MODEL HEATHER BRATTON DIED TRAGICALLY IN A CAR ACCIDENT ON THE NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE ON THE MORNING OF JULY 22, 2006. IT NOT ONLY CLAIMED THE LIFE OF A RISING STAR IN FASHION, BUT A 19-YEAR-OLD WITH A BEAUTIFUL HEART. HER AGENT DEREK DAYLEY REMEMBERS A WOMAN WHO DIDN'T LIKE HEELS AND LIVED FOR HER FAMILY. BRATTON WAS AN ULTIMATE V-GIRL AND WE MISS HER VERY MUCH

The first time I met Heather was August of 2005. My first and lasting impression of her was this: she walked into the agency and had bright purple velour flip-flops on. Since it was almost time for the shows, I asked her if she had any heels, and if not, what size foot she had so I could get her a pair. She told me that she had a size medium. That was one of the great things about Heather. She didn’t pretend to know all about fashion, and she had no problem admitting that she did not know who Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell were. She was one hundred percent herself. She was very curious and wanted to learn, so she listened and remembered everything.

As a model, Heather was a very calm and quiet one. Everyone noticed her potential immediately. Everything happened really fast, all the magazines, the shows… At first she felt a bit overwhelmed. Her first show season was especially hard for her. She wasn’t used to wearing heels and her feet really hurt—to the point were she could barely walk. She prevailed and made us all very proud of her. She was very professional—always on time. In fact, she was always early.

One thing that Heather’s family told me recently was that one of her dreams in life was to be able to walk in a show, be on the cover of a magazine, and to be in a campaign. Heather accomplished those dreams, even though she modeled for only a year.

The most important thing in her life was her family. She loved them so much. I remember hearing her talk about them all the time. She made a calendar for me once that had nearly thirty birthdays on it. She wanted me to make sure that she had all of those days off—all the days were birthdays of her brothers and sisters in Florida, her grandma and grandpa, and her cousins in South Carolina.

Heather knew very well what she wanted. She always talked about how much she would like to be an interior designer after modeling. I’ve talked to many people who knew her and they all agree about how huge her heart was. She was the sweetest person I’ve ever met. She only cared about making everyone happy. We lost her way, way too soon... I will miss her greatly. Derek Dayley

source:V magazine, http://vmagazine.com/fashion_article.php?n=200

Thats really sad. She was on her way to the top :(

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

from nymag.com:

Dec 2005

Tells Models.com that the first thing she plans to buy with her modeling money is a Dodge Charger

Jan 2006

Photographed by Steven Meisel for Italian Vogue, becoming one of this favorites then after

Feb 2006

Photographed by Steven Meisel for the cover of Italian Vogue

Mar 2006

Closes the fall Chanel show in Paris

Mar 2006

Moves from Supreme Management to Women agency

Appears in Balenciaga spring ad campaign photographed by David Sims

May 2006

Photographed by Steven Meisel for her second Italian Vogue cover

Photographed by Steven Meisel for the fall Mulberry ad campaign

Jul 20, 2006

Shoots an editorial for W

Jul 22, 2006

Dies tragically in a car accident in Newark on her way to the airport

Sep 2006

Carine Roitfeld dedicates issue of French Vogue in memory of Bratton

Oct 2006

V magazine features Bratton in a special tribute

:cry2:

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
from nymag.com:

Dec 2005

Tells Models.com that the first thing she plans to buy with her modeling money is a Dodge Charger

Jan 2006

Photographed by Steven Meisel for Italian Vogue, becoming one of this favorites then after

Feb 2006

Photographed by Steven Meisel for the cover of Italian Vogue

Mar 2006

Closes the fall Chanel show in Paris

Mar 2006

Moves from Supreme Management to Women agency

Appears in Balenciaga spring ad campaign photographed by David Sims

May 2006

Photographed by Steven Meisel for her second Italian Vogue cover

Photographed by Steven Meisel for the fall Mulberry ad campaign

Jul 20, 2006

Shoots an editorial for W

Jul 22, 2006

Dies tragically in a car accident in Newark on her way to the airport

Sep 2006

Carine Roitfeld dedicates issue of French Vogue in memory of Bratton

Oct 2006

V magazine features Bratton in a special tribute

:cry2:

well that´s just life. other people die too, and NOBODY gives a shit!

wow. mr. sensitive!!!

people do die every day/... in the time it took me to type this little bit of text.. several people have died. but seeing as this is a

FASHION and MODELLING forum. we DO give a shit

anyways... on to bettter things :whistle:

i just recently discovered heathers work and really feel a masculine/feminine vibe, ala Freja.

does anyone think that if heather had lived, would freja be where she is today??

thanks for all the pics, guys :flower:

• 2 months later...

Heather was damm beautiful. She looks just stunning in every single pictures. When I was reading what happened to her, it made me cry, such a beautiful face left us. I'm really proud of evertyhing Heather has reached in her career, but I'm sure, she's now lucky in heaven and look on this earth done. Heather will always be among my favourites. She's wonderful. There's a fan page about her from her beautiful with many beautiful pictures of Heather's career. Stunning & Stunning, such a beauty. The music, the beautiful pictures made me cry..I miss her so much

http://www.heatherbratton.com/home.html

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...