Bellazon

NFL

Capt Snow

^ Dawkins is gone, but maybe you guys can get T.J. Houshmenzada on offense...

No talk about the sigings

hayneswerth worth 100 million?? 45 guarenteed

matt cassell on the chiefs

brian dawkins a bronco

terdell suggs a jet

i know i missing more but idk

I can't believe the Chiefs got Cassel and Vrabel for just a second-round pick! What the hell was the Pats' front office thinking? :o

Terdell Suggs? :laugh: I think you mean Terrel Suggs, and the Ravens franchised him. It's Bart Scott that went to the Jets, and few people in Baltimore are happy about it. <_<

or Marvin Harrison, hes from Philly. but both arent the type we need. we want a strong receiver with good size. we always end up with guys like Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and Greg Lewis :|

There must be some money involved in that Pats Chiefs deal. Although it is an early 2nd round pick (34th)

Terdell :laugh:

^ Dude, if I was Cutler, I'd be pissed off too! :laugh:

There must be some money involved in that Pats Chiefs deal. Although it is an early 2nd round pick (34th)

Apparently Cassel was traded only for a second-round pick because the Pats didn't want to have to dish out the cash for the contract any third pick overall was going to demand, which is understandable I guess.

• 1 month later...

So who wants to come with me to audition for a wide receiver position with the Ravens? It doesn't matter if you're 5'4", you run a minute-and-a-half 40, and your vertical is 3 inches, because the Ravens clearly have no interest in creating a legit passing attack. <_<

^ After watching a million mock draft programs, the experts' consensus said our biggest needs were WR, TE, ILB, and CB. No one at all mentioned the offensive or defensive lines, which is what we drafted for in the first two rounds, which is retarded. We're going to have another mediocre passing game because we didn't go for a WR whereas all these other teams that were nowhere near as desperate for a WR chose them. Hell, even the Eagles traded up for Maclin (smartly) and they already got a great WR last year with DeSean Jackson!

• 4 weeks later...
NFL to disband to prevent Brett Favre from returning to the NFL

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced today that the league will disband and cease operations in a desperate attempt to prevent quasi-retired quarterback Brett Favre from returning to play again.

“We are at DEFCON 1 right now,” said Goodell. “We can’t let Brett Favre make a mockery of this league yet again, so we are taking proactive measures and shuttering the NFL. Look at it as though we are entering our bomb shelter for as long as we need to until the threat of nuclear holocaust passes.”

Goodell has informed union personnel of the pending shutdown.

“The players union is 100-percent behind the commissioner on this,” said union chief DeMaurice Smith. “Every time Brett Favre unretires, he takes a job away from a player who had a roster spot. Also, he is a complete dickhead and presents a bad image of NFL players to the public.”

Goodell has not received unanimous support for his decision from team owners – namely, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is against the shutdown – but feels the move is necessary to prevent the ultimate destruction of the league.

“Not all of our owners want the salary cap either,” said Goodell. “Jerry Jones wishes there was no salary cap so he could just buy every top player. But for the good of the league we have a salary cap. And, for the good of the league, we will end the league to save the country from another round of Brett Favre. And one glorious day in the future when Brett Favre mercifully dies, the NFL will be back.”

But Favre says the absence of the NFL will not prevent him from returning to the NFL.

“I am calling their bluff,” said Favre. “The NFL is not closing down. And, even if it does, a new league will spring up right away. Roger Goodell should know that I have already received calls from defensive backs around the NFL saying that they’ll play in any league I play in. Brett Favre is never going away. Ever. The NFL should have realized this by now. Because everyone else has.”

SportsPickle

:rofl:

• 1 month later...

I can understand where Favre is coming from, as he's at the point in his career where he's always on the edge of either retiring, or wanting to play again.

Personally, he should just retire before he gets hurt again, and messes his life up anymore then he already has. He's got to have enough money to live happily for the rest of his life....

T.O. is on the show called Superstars with the model Joanna Krupa :drool: as his partner. apparently theres been a little feud between them

"Last night, a supermodel did what quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Tony Romo never did - at least publicly:

Repeatedly swear at Terrell Owens and call him a prima donna."

:laugh: rest of the story here

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2009...Superstars.html