Bellazon

Will the next super model bring back the age of supermodels?

ninanina19

I have no idea but it really doesn't matter to me, the supers were great and i love my claudia for being there but, I mean as long as my favorite girl has a campaign and walks at least a show a season, gets a cover of vouge wether it'd be american, or nippon idc. As long as I can still see her its fine with me. :hehe:

And that she's happy too. ;) Beside a picture lasts forever and ill always have pictures of my dear Julia :wub2:

I don´t think so :no: I mean...face of the world has changed too much, especially the face of fashion world...now designers are those ones that rule, and Gisele is now the only one true supermodel of this era...I think. But honestly, it´s not that bad, I mean, models are more and more recognizable, more and more beeing famous, and not considered just as coat-hangers, and that´s great!! We might get into the point of equilibrium in the future...between designers and models...who knows :D now it´s very versatile, it´s so varied and motley, there´s no place for a bunch of supermodels...rather for a variety of topmodels :)

But honestly, it´s not that bad, I mean, models are more and more recognizable, more and more beeing famous, and not considered just as coat-hangers, and that´s great!! We might get into the point of equilibrium in the future...between designers and models

Why should there be an equilibrium? Designers have the artistic vision and the skills to change the course of fashion, and that's what they do; models simply wear the clothes, even if them wearing it well might sell more pieces. Being a "coat hanger" is a essentially what a model's job is. They're not the visionaries, and they shouldn't be considered on par to them. :whistle:

Will the next supermodel bring back the supermodel era or will she just be like Gisele.

The supermodel era as in Cindy Crawford and Claudia era ?!!! I'd soooo prefer the current era :ninja:

But honestly, it´s not that bad, I mean, models are more and more recognizable, more and more beeing famous, and not considered just as coat-hangers, and that´s great!! We might get into the point of equilibrium in the future...between designers and models

Why should there be an equilibrium? Designers have the artistic vision and the skills to change the course of fashion, and that's what they do; models simply wear the clothes, even if them wearing it well might sell more pieces. Being a "coat hanger" is a essentially what a model's job is. They're not the visionaries, and they shouldn't be considered on par to them. :whistle:

:mellow:

Then even gays with great bodies could be Victoria's Secret supermodels. :persuazn:

I dont think any model will ever be able to match Gisele. The old era before Gisele will never come back and there will never be another Gisele either. Its sad but, models are not seen as important as before and their value will continue to diminish. They dont even get paid much anymore, runway doesnt give them anything, and big contracts like with VS will choose maybe 4 or 5 girls, but they still will never achieve the level of fame that Gisele has. :p

you´ve got a point in here hun, but still I do disagree :D Vision means nothing without someone to represent it. Artist is no one without inspiration and muse. Actually, models are those who inspire, or at least they should be ;) (those bigger ones, with soul and personality, those that are special). So, models represent the designers ideas, their visions...and there are also models that fashion designers are pleased to wear their clothes on. It´s like "oh, she´s got Valentino, then it must be really something" because when you love or adore someone, you consider his/her choices as those " really good ones". I wasn´t talking about considering models on the same lenght as designers...because they´re both on entirely diffenerent sides of a river. But they need each other, and that´s what is this all about :)

Lily Cole is very famous in the UK

and I think Agyness Deyn is becoming famous too. For her so-called "style"

I dont think any model will ever be able to match Gisele. The old era before Gisele will never come back and there will never be another Gisele either. Its sad but, models are not seen as important as before and their value will continue to diminish. They dont even get paid much anymore, runway doesnt give them anything, and big contracts like with VS will choose maybe 4 or 5 girls, but they still will never achieve the level of fame that Gisele has. :p

I think there will be another Gisele, maybe no more supers but yes a Gisele. Gisele's rise to fame was really through dating Leo and maybe VS but I think she was the one that brought attention to VS rather than it to her. In terms of her modeling She became a super model through dating Leo and doing VS. I see no reason why another model couldn't do the same if she's already a top model.

I think there will be another Gisele, maybe no more supers but yes a Gisele. Gisele's rise to fame was really through dating Leo and maybe VS but I think she was the one that brought attention to VS rather than it to her. In terms of her modeling She became a super model through dating Leo and doing VS. I see no reason why another model couldn't do the same if she's already a top model.

Maybe further down the line or so, but right now I don't really see anyone capable of repeating her success. But the trend has been that models have diminishing value. 15- 20 years ago there were plenty of supermodels, but now there are very few and far in between. I think its mainly due to people obsessing over celebrities. Just look at all the coverage that Lohan received due to her second arrest just yesterday. You could be right, there could be 1 in a million like Gisele in the future, but still I have a feeling that the model who will be the next Gisele will never be able to match her because of the decreasing value of models in our society.

:laugh: my poor Heather :hug: ;)

btw, Gisele got more covers and been in more shows than any model so far. It has nothing to do with Leo...he only made her more famous in public. Gisele was unique because she´s brought something new, extraordinary to the fashion shows. There always must be a line broken, a special thing that make a topmodel to be a supermodel. So...who´s gonna bring something new here??

Maybe further down the line or so, but right now I don't really see anyone capable of repeating her success. But the trend has been that models have diminishing value. 15- 20 years ago there were plenty of supermodels, but now there are very few and far in between. I think its mainly due to people obsessing over celebrities. Just look at all the coverage that Lohan received due to her second arrest just yesterday. You could be right, there could be 1 in a million like Gisele in the future, but still I have a feeling that the model who will be the next Gisele will never be able to match her because of the decreasing value of models in our society.

But to me Gisele wasn't that big. She was like Gemma, she just had VS plus more media attention. I like Gisele and she is unique but she's no Kate Moss and she's more of a supermodel than a ubermodel like Kate.

As far as I didn't wanted to post in this topic(I'm not really that much into the things), I'll add something.

First of all, The Next Big Thing will not bring back Supermodels, nor she will be the next Gisele. She will be a name for herself. She'll be a supermodel like the first ones, only if she comes from some "Unsupermodeled State"! If you'll look at the previous Supermodels, they were considered as the faces of their Nation (Laetitia of France, Eva of Czech R., Claudia of Germany, Naomi&Kate of England, Tyra&Cindy of USA, etc.)! If she will come from some of these countries, she will not get some extra hype, and maybe will become really big, but still not an Icon(sure it's unpredictible, but... :/ )! But not bringing the supermodel era back, doesn't mean that they will not be big. When it comes to comparing people from different eras, there are no exact bounds. You will find people that will call Naomi the greatest ever, then people that will call Kate, then Gisele, then Adriana, and so on and so forth! - i.e.: Gisele didn't bring back the supermodels, but she did herself a name. So did Adriana, so is doing Daria, so will do Gemma. They won't be the exact things the previous ones were, and will they be bigger or smaller will just remain as an opinion. Every era will have their HeavyWeights, sure the next generations will have also.

As for ruling everything from Runways to VS, from eds to SI,. . .I don't think so, but sure we don't know:

If we take some WERBOWY and some WARD/ :ninja:

And mix them with some KERR in a pot/ :blink:

Sprinkle some ALBA on top/ :evil:

What a beauty we will got/ :heart: :laugh:

. . . so . . . Never say Never! :wave: :hehe: