Bellazon

Questions in Life that make you go "hmmm"

maddog107

Guest quasicartes
we spent time in philosphy on this.  a bunch of different ppl from long ago said stuff like that.  it made no sense to me, so i went to sleep

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you started talking about the advanced stuff straight away it will never make sense to you. It's like teaching calculus to a 5 year old. Start from the basics.

Guest quasicartes
then where did this thread come from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where does the anger come from?

Actually, it's not due to "Cogito ergo sum."

The anger doesn't come from an existant being, but it comes from thought.

This is because you don't need to exist to think.

Guest quasicartes

Conclusion

Whilst the preceding three arguments against the cogito (appear to) have failed, aparently successful arguments have been advanced by Bernard Williams and Zacharyas Boufoy-Bastick. A very convincing argument has been made by Bernard Williams, in his exposition of why both Lichtenberg and Descartes were mistaken. He claims that what we are dealing with when we talk of 'thought' or when we say 'I think' is something conceivable from a third-person perspective; namely objective "thought-events" in the former case, and an objective 'thinker' in the latter. The obvious problem is that from introspection, or our experience of consciousness, we have no way of moving to conclude the existence of any 'third-personal' fact, verification of which would require a thought necessarily impossible being, as Descartes is, bound to the evidence of his own consciousness alone. In his proposition of the epistemological

Guest quasicartes

^ I got that from the link posted in the previous page.

Although un-credited there, David Hume and other philosophers also believed in "I think, therefore I am thought."

Guest quasicartes
we started from the beginning, but i am not cut out to be a philosophizer, so it never mad sense.  you guys are way to advanced for me :lost:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go watch the Matrix, then read books explaining the philosophy behind it.

Guest quasicartes
wow, what happened to the questions that made me go hmmmm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't the fact that you don't exist, and yet you can generate thoughts, makes you go "hmmmm"?

interesting. one thing i got from philosophy is that someone claimed there are two worlds: one is a mathmatically perfect and the other is a cheap rip off made to appear like the perfect form. we live in the rip off. imagine a chair. now try to think that the chair you are seeing is a crude "portrait" of that chair, made to appear and function like it, but really is it. so right along with you nyc, what would the "perfect" world look like????

Guest quasicartes

^the guy takes lots of assumptions, BUT his story makes more sense than what the church says. At least it explains why God can't kill Satan. Even if the whole thing is 99.99% crap, there is at least a truth: God and Satan is not what you really thing they are.

Guest quasicartes

^Cool! People coming up with their own theories! Until today, there are still people who think they can proven Einstein wrong. :laugh:

Guest quasicartes
Satan's best move is making everyone believe he doesn't exist, this is what I call a mastermind..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God's best move is blaming everything bad on Satan (while attributing everything good to Him), that's the real mastermind.

My view is that God allows Satan to exist because without him we would have no free will, no choice. And that is a mighty important thing when it comes to theology, or Christianity at least.

But I'm an atheist anyway, who's a much bigger fan of Judaism than Christianity, so.. umm.. take what I say with a grain of salt I guess.

Guest quasicartes
My view is that God allows Satan to exist because without him we would have no free will, no choice. And that is a mighty important thing when it comes to theology, or Christianity at least.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Without evil there could be no good,

so it must be good to be evil sometimes"---Satan,

in South Park movie 'Bigger, Longer & Uncut'

Guest quasicartes
prove it with the bible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One fine day, I will show you the prove.

In the meantime, while waiting for my proof, you can prove your claim.