Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007 (PRE-SHOW TALK)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

I actually used to be very intrested in VS I used to visit the website to see if some of my favorites were on there, but now? I could care less. Whoever they get they better get someone good. The whole thing of Gisele being gone is leaving a hole. I'm sorry Alessandra or Adriana your work is cut out for you.

666 :p

666 ?

That wasn't about you!

Naomi, Caroline Winberg, Deana Miller, Angela Lindval........ and the last walk in the VSFS 2001, all the girls were equipped with wings , not all of them are angels . :huh:

Well, I told I'm not that into the fashion biz, but is there anyone to tell me, what does this "Angel" stand for. I mean what are the things that make them different from other models?

P.S.: Is there anything more normal, than Angels walking in the city of Angeles :laugh: ?

Viva LA :hell yea!: !

"Victoria's Secret takes a similar role in nourishing talent to stardom in the way that Hollywood studios did with actresses back in the 1930s and '40s. A model starts out doing some runway, then advances to catalog, and, provided her professionalism and personality impresses enough people, she might eventually end up with the Academy Award of modeling gigs--a multiyear, multimillion dollar contract as a Victoria's Secret "angel." The company invests time and money into making their angels celebrities--the girls are given speech lessons and media training and booked on talk shows.

If the girls are lucky, they break into supermodel stardom and then, like Victoria's Secret alums Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks, become media moguls. This season, Victoria's Secret even began branding their beauty products with the girls' names and likenesses. "We don't subscribe to that nameless, faceless model routine," says Razek."

Taken from the lovely people at Forbes

Naomi, Caroline Winberg, Deana Miller, Angela Lindval........ and the last walk in the VSFS 2001, all the girls were equipped with wings , not all of them are angels . :huh:

Well, I told I'm not that into the fashion biz, but is there anyone to tell me, what does this "Angel" stand for. I mean what are the things that make them different from other models?

P.S.: Is there anything more normal, than Angels walking in the city of Angeles :laugh: ?

Viva LA :hell yea!: !

Thats the spirit !!! :laugh: L.A BABY !!! :ddr:

The name "angel" itself explains everything. The angels are the main faces of the brand/Victoria's Secret. Theyr in the promotion, commercials, blah blah blah.... im not really into these stuffs either but its easy to classify them :hehe:

I'm gonna' say this and then run for the hills. :ninja: I know that Marisa has a good personality and the guys like parts of her but I just don't see her as an Angel ever but she sure gets all the exposure because her manager/agent works so hard for her. :rofl: I'm satisfied with Selita maybe over Oluchi because of Oluchi's voice but Oluchi has a pretty peppy personality so I guess it's a toss-up if Oluchi just doesn't talk.

Wouldn't be the same without Ale and Adriana although some people are getting weary of them. I really like Ana BB and I like Miranda pretty much. Karolina just seems like maybe she should do something else or else she needs to add another pose to her bag of tricks. She's too predictable. Same with Marisa.

I truly will miss Gisele. Naomi knows the walk. Fernanda is gorgeous! So is Izabel. And then there's Freja. :heart:

I think maybe I'm losing interest and enthusiasm for V.S. because some of the really good ones won't be there any more. :( It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore, IMHO. :whistle: I think there will be a bigger shake-up after this year. I think this year will be blah and then they will make the changes needed to make it a big deal again. That's just my opinion.