Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007 (PRE-SHOW TALK)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

As much as I'd like Irina Sheik as a VS model and as much as I think she'd rock the clothes, I feel selfish in wanting her to stay a little more obscure end. Rather see her in some awesome editorials. :whistle:

I like everyone else's idea about the new Angels. But I'd love to see some fresh faces in the catalogs.

Models confirmed for the VSFS07:

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Karolina Kurkova

Selita Ebanks

Miranda Kerr

Marissa Miller

Sabrina Jales

Izabel Goulart

Models who I think are most likely to be in the show but haven't been confirmed:

Rosie Huntington Whitely

Angela Lindvall

Ana Beatriz Barros

Katja Schekina

Natasha Poly

Jeisa Chiminazzo

Doutzen Kroes

Andi Muise

Elise Crombez

Yeah Elise didn't get a postive reaction (and this is coming from a fan) she did not fit well

Models who will most likely be there (other then angels):

Ana Beatriz Barros

Doutzen Kroes

Julia Stegner

Rosie Huntington-Whylsadnfjfkluhj blah blah whatever her name is.

^ why do you think Elise will be chosen? I dont think she fit the show.

I think Julia Stegner, Flavia and Oluchi will also be there.

Cos i thought she did not bad in the last show and looked quite pretty :yes:

Yeah Elise didn't get a postive reaction (and this is coming from a fan) she did not fit well

Models who will most likely be there (other then angels):

Ana Beatriz Barros

Doutzen Kroes

Julia Stegner

I'm not a big fan of Elise so didn't kow she wasn't well recieved by fans but i agree Julia will probs be there.

haha lol :laugh:

I cant stand that girl, she looks like she is 12, she definitely did not fit VS, though she has a contract with them, which I dont get :ninja: :blink:

Oi shes amazing! Its not her fault VS gave her a fatass blanket to drag down the runway and in her other outfit she was great! :trout: She has a contract cos shes doing really well for VS and appeals to the younger girls along with Miranda :whistle:

Hmm she's okay..but I would rather her spot go to someone like Mariya, Katarina or Maryna. They're hotter, prettier, and have a better walk.

Don't know anyone of them :idk:

eventhough i think rosie is gorgeous she was total boresville this year.

i would like to them bring back some old favs like steph, naomi, isabelli, ana hickman maybe even karen mulder and whatever.

Isabelli or Naomi but the others are abit (lets say mature) for the VS runway :blah:

Hey rosie has an amazing body :wub:

Yay!!! She does, its like athletic and toned without being too boyish :blush:

Oi shes amazing! Its not her fault VS gave her a fatass blanket to drag down the runway and in her other outfit she was great! :trout: She has a contract cos shes doing really well for VS and appeals to the younger girls along with Miranda :whistle:

lol that was so idiotic with the blanket haha

I personally do not get her appeal, that said I am not a little girl either :p , but I guess she must be doing something right for them to give her a contract

Do I have some NEWS for you, my lil chicadees! As many of you know, I work for a NY based agency and right now there's a lot of pushing of girls to be considered for a VS casting... anywho!

VS is in a rebuilding period that is going to last about a year. They're actively looking to sign girls to development deals (ala Sabrina Jales) at a very young age. They're looking to build up these girls over a few years, not just throw them in the spotlight.

The attributes they're looking for is mainstream beauty, mainstream bodies that are still couture-esque, and the ability to come across well in interviews, which seems to be their biggest problem at the moment.

I can tell you right now with 100% accuracy, they they've been gunning to sign Doutzen Kroes to Angel status but she's been balking at the contract. It appears she'd rather gradually ease herself out of runway before signing to become an Angel. I think thats a brilliant idea considering it will keep it possible to ante up the offers from VS. It will also keep her "current". Doutzen has the perfect look and body to contrast the Brazilians that are running the VS show.

Secondly, Sabrina Jales is signed to a development deal. This girl is still VERY young. She's currently only 19 and I hear her age is a problem for the people at CBS, who are notoriously conservative. It seems there's some wrangling about whether or not they want a 19 yo walking down the runway in lingerie on national television. VS LOVES her, and really think she can be the next huge thing for them in a few years (if you havent seen this girl in person she is FLAWLESS!!! Hands down the most naturally beautiful Brazilian... girl wears NO makeup and turns heads), but they really want to get some runway experience in her. So it should be interesting to see who wins out... VS and their marketing team or CBS.

Thats all on this front... and things are heating up for NYFW! The agents are in a frenzy! I think we're going to see some changing of guards come the runway shows!

That's the great thing about beauty-- everyone has their own idea of what "beauty" is. To be honest, I find Izabel extremely unattractive and think she's not a good fit for VS, but other's adore her. I certainly respect what she's accomplished, but I do find it a little baffling.

Where VS went "wrong", was in signing girls who dont have cross-over appeal. Some of their girls just wont appeal to a broad base, while others do physically but are promotion and interview liabilities, such as Adriana and Alessandra. It's the main reason they went with English speaking Miranda when looking for a new girl. She may not be their prettiest girl, but she's gorgeous enough and comfortable in front of an English speaking audience.

I think that's why a Brazilian with little accent such as Sabrina appeals to them, as well as Doutzen who carrys little of an accent.

People forget that promotion is much more than just a pretty face. They really have made a brand of themselves.

Yeah I understand the promotion part...but I still think there is surely dozens of girls that can speak with no accent and are better then Sabrina. I hate Marisa but I'll remember her. Everytime someone mentions Sabrina I forget which of those dozens bland girls we are talking about.

not trying to sound rude or harsh but i found sabrina not attractive at all, actually i don't find any of the angel attractive, except for heidie but i think she's old and needs to move on and be a mother taking care of her childrens. It would be great/awesome to doutzen as an angel she's the best looking model ever, she has the barbie look.