Bellazon

Hair

moiselles

Currently, I have dark burgundy highlights in my naturally black hair and it looks amazing. I adore my hairstylist. Here is a list of the products I use.

Aquage Silkening Shampoo & Conditioner -- I love Aquage, but it's soooo hard to find! It's a sulfate-free line, so it protects my color a lot longer than regular shampoo. If you color your hair, you must use a sulfate-free shampoo to keep your color lasting as long as possible.

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Milk Shampoo & Conditioner -- Another sulfate-free product, but this is cheaper, comes in huge quantities, and you can find it in most beauty supply stores. Not my favorite, but I always have it on hand in case I run out of my Aquage.

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product -- Absolutely essential! It's a leave-in conditioner that I spray all over my wet hair before I blow-dry. It protects hair, defrizzes, adds shine, combs out tangles, etc. It is wonderful! Use it after every time you wash your hair.

Smoothing Lusterizer by S Factor -- S Factor is owned by TIGI, but is more high-quality. I really like the Smoothing Lusterizer and I use a nickel-size amount on my wet hair after I use my leave-in conditioner. What I really like about Smoothing Lusterizer is that it has very fine sparkles in it, so it adds added shine to your hair and helps to defrizz.

I consider my hair one of my best assets, so I spare no expense on hair products and my hair stylist is always keeping me up to date on the latest best products. I'm a product junkie!

• 1 month later...

Haha, I guess that even with the best products your hair won't look better if you don't have a good diet...

I mean, I'm not saying it to moiselles (because I guess she has wonderful hair), just in general.

Let me explain.

A girl I know said she decided to buy a shampoo she saw in my bathroom once, a few years ago :| :ninja: because she remembered I had gorgeous hair after using it :rofl: It was quite expensive, but finally she bought it. She said she's quite satisfied with it, but her hair still don't look as she wish them too.

But if you see what is her daily menu.... no fruits and vegetables :| (she takes vitamins in pills, though), coffee, eating in late hours... I guess that all has an impact on the way her hair look. Oh, of course I don't mean that coffee lovers automatically have to have worse hair, but seriously... vitamins in pills won't replace eating fresh fruits and vegetables. And I don't think I eat enough f&v vegetables, but maybe that's just me or I'm blessed with good genes :laugh:

Girls, do your hair get much lighter with summer?? I was just looking through folders with photos of me, and I noticed that it seems like every time I have pictures of me taken my hair has another shde :blink: and I compared pics taken in a natural light.... But maybe I just have a bad camera :rofl: haha... Idk... they get lighter with summer of course, but still.... e.g. on pics from late spring my hair look like strawberry blonde, in late summer it looks like dirty blonde, in other seasons like ashen blonde or just a simple one&shiny.... haha.

I'm so crushed 'cuause my hairdresser cut too much of my hair and I don't like my new hair. I always wear very long hair - In my new look I don't feel it's really my and it's very strange feeling - I hope my hair'll grow up fast.

Is it necessary to Qut/trim your hair in order for it to grow long(er)?

No, I don't think so. I didn't cut my hair for nearly 5 years and it grew all the way down to my butt! I don't think it's necessary, but it just makes your hair look healthier by getting rid of the splitends.

^ Why in March? :laugh:

Wow, moiselles, 5 years is such a long time :shock: I read in some magazine once everyone should get their splitends cut every 6 weeks. But I don't think many people can afford it, and/or not everyone knows a person who would cut their hair so often for free :rofl:

• 1 month later...
Wow, moiselles, 5 years is such a long time :shock: I read in some magazine once everyone should get their splitends cut every 6 weeks. But I don't think many people can afford it, and/or not everyone knows a person who would cut their hair so often for free :rofl:

Yeah, 5 years was a long time. I loved my long hair, but I cut off 12 inches a couple years ago because I was just ready for a change.

I don't know if you need to trim it every 6 weeks, but I try to get a trim in every 12-16 weeks. I like to stretch it out a little longer than most people, partially to save money, but also because I like my hair longer.

I can't wait for summer to be over so I can dye my hair dark again! Right now I've kept my hair light because it naturally lightens with the sun (obviously) but I got very bored of it so I put in even lighter peekaboo highlights. I really don't like it. :no: Patience! :angel:

I also think I'm gonna get straight across bangs again, once I dye it dark.

Anyway, I always use Redken products. I shampoo, condition & use a leave in conditioner everyday because I usually wear my hair naturally curly and the leave in conditioner prevents frizz and keeps the curls bigger and more wavy, rather than small, poofy ringlets. :p Occassionally I'll straighten my hair and when I do so I use more products like Redken's 'Smooth Down Protector' to prevent damage. I hate split ends :pinch: