Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

Anyone else following the Sony Ericsson Open at Miami this week?

I'm cheering for Fed-Ex, Andy Murray, Daniela Hantuchova and Anna Chakvetadze. :)

Daniela and Anna had very good opening matches. Murray won in straight sets but is struggling a little with an ankle injury from last week.

any predictions for The Sony Ericsson Open???

I'll always back Roger for the men's title. Murray says he's feeling better each match and could do very well. I'd like to see a Nadal-Murray semi-final.

Harder to say in the women's. A lot of top players are struggling in the strong wind. Sharapova is double faulting a lot and is in a really tough section of the draw with a potential matchup against Serena Williams. Henin hates playing in Miami but she might play herself into form.

True. Nadal - Murray semis would be great, if thats gonna happen, i 'll go with Nadal.

Murray is brimming with confidence now.

But I Think Roger will win it.. in the finals? Fed-Nadal would be another great sight.

Women's.. i actually hate it.like u said Sharapova double faulting too much, and My fav. Justine..hates playin in Miami. with Serena, hell yeah.. i would like to see her fight Sharapova again.

Winner??.. i think maybe one of those 3 mentioned.

My faves Anna Chakvetadze and Andy Murray just won. :)

Women's.. i actually hate it.like u said Sharapova double faulting too much, and My fav. Justine..hates playin in Miami. with Serena, hell yeah.. i would like to see her fight Sharapova again.

How can you hate women's tennis? The drama, the personalities, the bitchiness! :laugh: Serena vs Maria is on TV now, hopefully it'll be a cracker.

My faves Anna Chakvetadze and Andy Murray just won. :)

How can you hate women's tennis? The drama, the personalities, the bitchiness! :laugh: Serena vs Maria is on TV now, hopefully it'll be a cracker.

wait wait wait, the Sony Ericsson finished airing on your country???

and i dont hate womens tennis..i just hate the drama happening now.. :laugh:

the last time i checked my TV..Nadal is on a match with Del Porto.. and that was like this morning..

so does that mean Star Sports is lying about their Live Coverage??? :ninja: :ninja:

wait wait wait, the Sony Ericsson finished airing on your country???

Where did you think I lived? I added my location now: UK, and I was watching on Eurosport.

Anyway all the matches I was hoping for didn't happen. Federer already out, Nadal lost. Andy got through when Roddick retired injured. So we've got Murray vs Djokovic which could be interesting - two young talents fighting for a berth in the final. Andy lost to Novak a couple of weeks ago in Indian Wells but he had injured his ankle and hip and was not fully fit. Hopefully this will be a more competitive match-up.

In the women's my fave Anna Chakvetadze just played a very poor match in the semis and lost to Justine. :(

sorry, i didnt know where you lived, i live in the Phil and coverage starts a 11;30 pm here up to 7 in the morning..haha well i also have to go to sleep and sometimes the coverage is being cut off

and the Murray-Djokovic match, hell yea,im looking forward to that.

sorry, i didnt know where you lived, i live in the Phil and coverage starts a 11;30 pm here up to 7 in the morning..haha well i also have to go to sleep and sometimes the coverage is being cut off

Yeah the timezones can be tough. I have this problem particularly when they are playing in Australia and the Far East.

The Murray match wasn't too good, he lost 6-1 6-0! :|

"It's the worst match I've probably played since I've been on the Tour," admitted the 12th seed.

So the final is Djokovic vs Canas. Canas has had an amazing comeback after his drugs ban. I'm supporting Novak though. And the women's final today is Serena vs Justine. I like Justine's style of play a lot but Serena is looking mighty impressive.

So Serena beat Justine in a bit of a classic encounter - 0-6 7-5 6-3.

Justine won the first 7 games in a row and had two Championship Points but she couldn't convert. Serena staged an amazing comeback. Being a Justine fan I was a bit disappointed but it was such a high quality match that you can only feel happy about getting to watch these two great players. :thumbsup:

It's Djokovic vs Canas today. Canas certainly is surprising, the way he's been able to come back with such success. I hope Novak avenges Roger's defeat and takes Guillermo down! :evil:

Novak won! 6-3 6-2 6-4

He's the youngest person ever to win the Miami Masters (he's 19) and will move to a career high of #7 in the world on Monday. Andy Murray (also 19) has got some catching up to do.

"When you play a final nothing is easy," said Djokovic. "I played unbelievable tennis in Indian Wells and here. It was the best tennis of my life. I didn't lose a set.

"I'm always comparing myself to the best players in the world because that is what I want to be one day. Right now I feel like for the first time in my career that I am on that level, that I deserve to be one of the three best players in the world.

"I'm really happy with my achievement right now and hope this is only the start."