Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

okay, i havent posted here in forever; but there really hasnt been too much going on. the men are playing in montreal, if we get lucky agassi and nadal will win tomorrow and then they will play in the final. roddick was upset in the first round and hewitt retired in his first match; safin and federer are not playing this tournament. they should both play in cincinnati.

the women are playing in LA, i think if sharapova gets to at least the semis, then she will become number 1 in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, the us open starts on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roger federer is the 1 seed for the men, he's the clear favorite to win especially after what he did in cincinnati

on the womens side sharapova gets the 1 seed over lindsay davenport; i still dont understand why :wacko:

okay, the us open starts on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roger federer is the 1 seed for the men, he's the clear favorite to win especially after what he did in cincinnati

on the womens side sharapova gets the 1 seed over lindsay davenport; i still dont understand why :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The women are certainly more exciting to speculate about. For the men it's pretty much "who will Federer beat in the final?"

^^ how can you say that :rolleyes:

well im excited, finally some of our american men are doing well besides andy. james blake is playing his best ever tennis, taylor dent did really well against hewitt even though he lost, and ginepri is doing bad ass, especially after he just took out that french dude 6-0 in the 5th. of course agassi is looking good even though hes old for a tennis player. i think it can be an all american semi-final, i think ginepri will beat coria, then hell play the winner of blake-agassi. on the other side i see a rematch of last years final in the semis, federer-hewitt. i dont see roger having any problems againt him or anyone, so it should be roger against one of our americans for the final.

for the women i really hope lindsay can win, shes been to two finals this year and i really hope she can win another one, if she cant win then ill be pulling for kim clijsters

I sure do. 10 years ago it was number three after cycling and football. Today it's more like number five with golf and formula one. And poker if that counts.

PS. we need threads for poker, golf and cycling, don't we?

PPS. This reminds me to catch Maria Sharapova's match tonight.

I sure do. 10 years ago it was number three after cycling and football. Today it's more like number five with golf and formula one. And poker if that counts.

PS. we need threads for poker, golf and cycling, don't we?

PPS. This reminds me to catch Maria Sharapova's match tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

poker is not a sport....and if u make a thread on it...i might just have to kill u :D

well kim clijsters finally won a grand slam, im very happy for her, and she did it in dominating fashion- it never was really a match.

for the mens final im very torn, on one side federers been one of my favorite players for a long time, and on the other side i really do want to see agassi win one more grand slam, should be a good match, as well as emotionally tormenting :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

okay, mens semis:

federer v kiefer- i pick federer although it wont be easy

nalbandian v baghdatis- i'll be pulling for baghdatis, although i think nalbandian will win.

womens semis:

henin v sharapova- i think henin will win, but i hope sharapova wins

clijsters v mauresmo- this ones tough to call, mauresmo looked sharp in her quarterfinals, while kim looked flat and made alot of mistakes, i'll take kim in three tough sets. but i wont be suprised if mauresmo wins.

okay, mens semis:

federer v kiefer- i pick federer although it wont be easy

nalbandian v baghdatis- i'll be pulling for baghdatis, although i think nalbandian will win.

womens semis:

henin v sharapova- i think henin will win, but i hope sharapova wins

clijsters v mauresmo- this ones tough to call, mauresmo looked sharp in her quarterfinals, while kim looked flat and made alot of mistakes, i'll take kim in three tough sets. but i wont be suprised if mauresmo wins.

Sharapova lossed :(

great match though 4-6 6-1 6-4 :)

^^ yeah she lost, but mauresmo just beat henin!!!!!!!! so thats good, the bryan brothers just won doubles too.

mens final should be good, federer v baghdatis, i totally expect federer to win, probably in 3 sets, he finished his semi final match really strong, and i think he'll come out super sharp and not even give baghdatis a chance.

i like baghdatis though, he's played really good this tournament and showed big time heart when he beat nalbandian, even though it looked like he was down and out, not to mention he has a waaaaaay hot girl-friend, ill try to get a pic!

^^ yeah she lost, but mauresmo just beat henin!!!!!!!! so thats good, the bryan brothers just won doubles too.

mens final should be good, federer v baghdatis, i totally expect federer to win, probably in 3 sets, he finished his semi final match really strong, and i think he'll come out super sharp and not even give baghdatis a chance.

i like baghdatis though, he's played really good this tournament and showed big time heart when he beat nalbandian, even though it looked like he was down and out, not to mention he has a waaaaaay hot girl-friend, ill try to get a pic!

It sucks coz Henin gave up :persuazn: if she was going to do that she may aswell have let Sharapova win so Mauresmo could actually have a proper match

I'm so pissed off that happened :mad:

score: 4-6 0-2 I thought Henin was going to win :ninja: damn u Henin :persuazn: