Bellazon

Motion

Ronin

She liked ride in Range Rover, jumped out of airplane and likes adrenaline. When she is in Prague she likes to spend time with her friend Karolina, they work together on Prague Fashion Week. Her favourite country is Haiti, she loves Haitian culture, nature, music and food. When asked about children she says she wants children in the future, but she and her boyfriend are very busy.

Tbh listening to Petra speaking Czech is torturing my ears. She has forgotten many words and speaks like 5 years old baby.

She liked ride in Range Rover, jumped out of airplane and likes adrenaline. When she is in Prague she likes to spend time with her friend Karolina, they work together on Prague Fashion Week. Her favourite country is Haiti, she loves Haitian culture, nature, music and food. When asked about children she says she wants children in the future, but she and her boyfriend are very busy.

Tbh listening to Petra speaking Czech is torturing my ears. She has forgotten many words and speaks like 5 years old baby.

I keep reading Czechs saying this.  In her book, she wrote where she grew up they speak a different dialect.  I'm sure she speaks Czech to her parents and family.  What do you think the problem is of her not speaking it properly?  Does she get it mixed up with English?

Also, I wonder if she is getting paid to constantly promote Haiti for tourism.  This past summer both the US and Canada issued a travel advisory to Haiti.  I understand tourism is a money maker, but not everyone who goes to Haiti has the protection she and her friends receive from the Prime Minister.  Which makes me wonder if she would even be living there if she wasn't dating him?   The Continent of Africa has more problems than the little island of Haiti and I don't ever remember her publicly promoting any of their causes.

^^ yes, she does mix it with English a lot, she uses English words for Czech words she doesn't know, she's always searching for right words, her word order is quite wierd. Everytime there is an article about her in Czech media she is criticized in comments section by Czechs. A lot of people here think that she's doing it on purpose and they don't like her for it. Few years ago she even hired a translator. Tbh For me, as for her fan, is the fact that she has forgotten her mother language quote disappointing. I rememer a documentary film about Petra for a czech Tv about tsunami and HHF, it was probably in 2006, and she did speak Czech there much better than now. I find it very strange that she doesn't remember her mother language now - only few years later.

It is true that in Karvina where she is from they have slightly different dialect but they still speak Czech, there is no huge difference. They stress different syllables than the rest of the country and have some special words but they do speak Czech like everyone else in the republic. So I don't think that's the reason why she has forgotten Czech.

Everytime I hear her speak Czech I think of Paulina Porizkova who left as a small girl and she speaks Czech still very well, even though she has an English accent. Even Madeleine Albright, who is originally Czech, and left with her family when she was about 6 yo speaks Czech surprisingly very well, she actually speaks much better than Petra and I think no Czech person would be surprised if Madeleine didin't speak czech at all, because she is used to speak English since she wasa small kid.

So probably my only "problem" with Petra is that her Czech is really bad.

One last thing: on the other hand I must say that she often replies me on instagram in Czech language, depends on which language I use when I comment her photos.

That's funny.  Because I've seen videos where she's speaking Czech and thought I heard her say English words.  I know she said her parents don't speak English, so she has to be speaking Czech to them on a regular basis.  Maybe it's more to do with nervousness than her forgetting the language.  

Thanks for the info.  I always wonder how bad it was that people would criticize her for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

^^ thank you for the link. I was asked by HuffPost to participate in the interview and ask Petra questions but I was very busy at that moment, also I noticed the tweet too late :cry: now I'm quite jealous of the other fans who could her ask questions lol

Lucky you.