Bellazon

Nirvana
Thumbnail

safin83

inuteropromosx8.jpg

030891-02.jpg

Nirvana was an American rock band that was formed by singer/guitarist Kurt Cobain and bassist Krist Novoselic in Aberdeen, Washington. Nirvana went through a succession of drummers, with the longest-lasting being Dave Grohl, who joined the band in 1990.

Wikipedia

a little history of nirvana(thanks to nfc[the internet nirvana fan club])

05-16-65 Krist Anthony Novoselic born to Krist and Maria Novoselic

01-31-67 Chad Channing born to Wayne and Burnyce Channing

02-20-67 Kurt Donald Cobain born to Wendy and Donald Cobain

01-14-69 David Eric Grohl born to James and Virginia Grohl

??-??-75 Kurt's parents divorce, Kurt lives with mother

02-??-78 Kurt's father remarries

??-??-79 Krist's family moves to Aberdeen

06-??-80 Krist sent to Croatia for a year to live with relatives

02-20-81 Kurt gets his first guitar

??-??-83 Krist graduates from high school

05-??-84 Kurt's mother remarries to Pat O'Connor

05-??-85 Kurt drops out of high school

01-23-88 Nirvana records demo with Dale Crover

10-30-88 Kurt smashes his first guitar

11-??-88 Love Buzz/Big Cheese single released

02-??-89 After recording Bleach, they do a short west coast tour

06-??-89 Bleach released

06-22-89 The tour for Bleach begins in San Francisco

09-??-89 Make up tour dates due to the loss of Jason

??-??-89 Blew EP recorded

10-20-89 Nirvana plays first European show, Newcastle, England

12-30-89 Krist and Shelli get married in Tacoma

02-??-90 Nirvana begins another short US tour

03-??-90 After losing Chad, they play a 7 show West Coast tour

04-10-90 Highly bootlegged Blind Pig concert

07-11-90 Sliver single recorded

09-??-90 Sliver single released

09-22-90 The Motor Sports show, Dan Peters only show with Nirvana

01-01-91 Studio session: recorded Anuerysm and Even In His Youth

04-17-91 Nirvana first plays Smells Like Teen Spirit

04-30-91 Nirvana formally signs with Geffen Records

05-??-91 Started recording Nevermind

08-??-91 The massive European Tour begins

08-??-91 The video for Smells Like Teen Spirit is made

09-13-91 The release party for Nevermind

09-20-91 Tour for Nevermind begins in Toronto

09-24-91 Nevermind is released, debuted at #144 on Billboard

10-25-91 Kurt and Krist tape interview for Headbangers Ball

11-02-91 European tour for Nevermind begins in Bristol England

11-19-91 Highly bootlegged Rome concert

12-??-91 Short US tour with Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers

01-10-92 Nirvana plays in the MTV studios

01-11-92 Nirvana plays Saturday Night Live, Nevermind hits #1

01-??-92 Hormoaning released in Australia and Japan

01-24-92 Nirvana begins a world tour

02-??-92 Come As You Are video is made

02-24-92 Kurt Cobain marries Courtney Love in Waikiki, Hawaii

06-22-92 Kurt collapses in Belfast due to stomach problems

07-21-92 Lithium single released with Nevermind lyric sheet

08-18-92 Francis Bean Cobain is born

08-30-92 Nirvana plays Reading Festival

09-??-92 Nirvana plays Lithium at MTV music awards, wins 2 awards

11-??-92 In Bloom Video hits MTV

12-15-92 Incesticide released

03-??-93 In Utero recorded in 2 weeks

04-09-93 Nirvana plays a benefit for Bosnian Rape victims

05-??-93 Sliver video hits MTV

09-??-93 Nirvana wins Best Alternative Video award at MTV Video awards

09-14-93 In Utero released in UK

09-19-93 Heart Shaped Box video premieres

09-21-93 After a week delay, In Utero released in US

09-25-93 Nirvana plays Saturday Night Live for a second time

10-10-93 Nirvana begins tour supporting In Utero

11-13-93 Nirvana records Unplugged session for MTV

12-12-93 All Apologies video hits MTV

12-16-93 Nirvana Unplugged airs on MTV

12-31-93 MTV's New Years Eve special airs, Nirvana headlines

02-??-94 Nirvana begins European Tour

02-29-94 The Final Nirvana show is played in Munich

03-04-94 Kurt Cobain is hospitalized after a suicide attempt

03-05-94 Kurt awakens from coma, asks for milkshake

03-08-94 Kurt leaves hospital under his own power

04-07-94 Alt.music.nirvana is created

04-08-94 The body of Kurt Cobain is found. Kurt committed suicide 3 days previous.

04-10-94 Memorial Service held in Seattle, Courtney reads from suicide note.

11-01-94 Nirvana: Unplugged in New York is released in the US

so who do you think killed him then?

some meaning behind some of there songs:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - An attack on the apathy of our own generation

Polly - Based on the actual kidnapping of a 14 year old girl and her torture

Lithium - A first person narrative of a nervous breakdown, or an update of the Marxist description of religion as 'Opiate of the masses'. An ode to disconnection

About A Girl - A song written for Kurt's girlfriend Tracy, she threatened to kick him out if he didn't get a job

Rape me - In Kurt's words, the song is a sort of poetic justice. A guy rapes a girl, he ends up in jail, and is raped there

so who do you think killed him then?

i don't really know. definately not courtney love. i just think that there is way too much evidence at the crime scene that points towards homicide. the gun was wiped, the gun was also n the wrong side of his body (he was left handed), he wasn't ruled as being sucidal (he had just gotten out of rehad before and they said that he in fact was not suicidal), frances bean, his wife was in california at the time, if her husband was suicidal i don't think she wouldl eave him alone, he had way too much heroin in his blood system to be able to hold and shoot a gun properly... and there's more. i just have a hard time believing he tooks his own life.

melvins is one of those bands that nirvana is compared to much like the meat puppets, the pixies, dinosaur jr. etc. most people say that they rip those bands off but i don't really think so. the influnce is obvious in the music but i wouldn't say it's ripping anyone off. i mean nirvana changed the face of music without them we might still be hearing poison or whitesnake on the radio... so think of it this way cheesy 80's hair metal or nirvana? i say nirvana, mainly 'cause i can't stand 80's hair metal.

well mystique, your right he was all jacked up on heroin. from what i've heard he apperantly tried calling courtney several times but never got a hold of her, i guess several hours later was when he died, i'm not sure if that information necessarly points to suicde though. and like you said there is alot of evidence that might make you suspect foul play. anyhow its sad he died, he was an amazing songwriter

and IX10N, like mystique said, maybe the melvins influenced them, but i wouldnt go as far as saying nirvana owes them thier career <_<

besides, if theyre so great then why havent 99% of nirvana fans heard of them...just my opinion

and yes those queer 80s hairbands also make me sick :x

kurt cobains suicide note:

To Boddah pronounced

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile camplainee. This note should be pretty easy to understand. All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years. Since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the exitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things. For example when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowd begins it doesn't affect the way in which it did for Freddy Mercury who seemed to love and relish in the love and adoration from the crowd. Which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is I can't fool you. Any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to put people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100 % fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it, and I do. God, believe me I do but it's not enough.

I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. I must be one of one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasm I once had as a child. On our last three tours I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much. So much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, pisces Jesus man! Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know. I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what I used to be.

Full of love and joy kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable self-destructive, death rocker that I've become. I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along, and have empathy. Empathy! Only because I love and feel for people too much I guess. Thank you all from the pit of my burning nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore and so remember, its better to burn out than to fade away. Peace, love, empathy. Kurt Cobain

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.

Please keep going Courtney

For Frances

For her life which will be so much happier without me. I Love you. I love you!

:(

"Polly" is based on an actual incident which occurred in Tacoma in June of 1987. A Fourteen-year-old girl returning from a punk show at the Community World Theater was kidnapped by a man named Gerald Friend who hung the girl upside down from a pulley attached to the ceiling of his mobile home and raped and tortured her with a leather whip, a razor, hot wax, and a blowtorch. She later escaped from his car when he stopped for gas. Friend was later arrested and eventually convicted and will likely spend the rest of his life in jail. Kurt's only embellishment to the story was the hint that the woman got away by fooling the rapist into thinking she enjoyed what he was doing to her.