Bellazon

Rich People Thin: Poor People Fat

trendspotter

rich people are fat and druggies , thats not including celeb's. and poor people are skinny/ to average and can be druggies

So if I told you I was rich, you would call me a druggie?

You're not analyzing the wealthy/poor dispartiy here, you're analyzing the wealthy/poor druggie. I have so many problems with this statement but let me give you one criticism. Druggies at all levels think more of spending money on their addiction than anything else. Period. Of course the poor are going to be skinny because they can only afford money to support their habit and not their lifestyle. Rich people can afford to do both obviously; however, the rich will not be able to support both lifestyles ultimately. The more money they have, the more they buy, the more they use, the more they need to achieve their high, so they buy more and more until the bank account starts to dwindle.

I would also say that it is harder and almost impossible for there to be a fat celebrity as weight is a HUGE (oh crap that was a pun) factor in a star's appeal. So if there were any rich druggie celebrities, the statistics would be skewed. The only fat druggie celebrity I can think of at the moment is Kevin Smith but he was fat before he was famous :whistle:

I do agree that the rich are fatter though just not that all rich people are druggies.

im just saying MOST not all are usually fat greedy dug addict and snobby people.

and the poor people are the ones that give to charity and are the good and usually healthy ones

See now you had to bring charities into this. Rich people give more money to charities. Not because they are nice but because they receive tax write offs and can spend the money that would go to the government how they want to do it

really because that report that was on the news not to long ago, said rich people are the ones that give way less than they could.

the mid-lower class are the ones that give out what the dont need because they know how it is to have nothing.

unlike rich people which dont know what its like to have nothing thats why they dont give out a lot.

im just saying MOST not all are usually fat greedy dug addict and snobby people.

and the poor people are the ones that give to charity and are the good and usually healthy ones

I've read a lot of dumb, ignorant things on this forum, and this tops them ALL!

really because that report that was on the news not to long ago, said rich people are the ones that give way less than they could.

the mid-lower class are the ones that give out what the dont need because they know how it is to have nothing.

unlike rich people which dont know what its like to have nothing thats why they dont give out a lot.

Just because they give less of a percentage does not mean that they don't give a lot of money. Take Alex Rodriguez for example. If he donates 1 million dollars to charity, he is only donating 1/20th of his salary. Add that to endorsements and he is probably paying 1/40th to 1/30th of his yearly income. So one million dollars would be "less" for him. The same goes for Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, but they have billions more than Arod.

A lot of charities are started by three groups in my opinion. The rich, the religious and the mourning. The rich can fit into all three of those groups and the poor can only fit into two of those groups. So the rich have more potential to contribute.

I have to say that I agree with him. I lived in a town with really rich people and really poor people. When donation bags were placed on mail boxes the poor people donated much more than the rich people. When there were bins for holiday food drives, more poor people bought food just so they could donate it. And when it came to volunteering there was a ratio of 4:1 poor people than rich people. So yes I agree. <_<

I have to say that I agree with him. I lived in a town with really rich people and really poor people. When donation bags were placed on mail boxes the poor people donated much more than the rich people. When there were bins for holiday food drives, more poor people bought food just so they could donate it. And when it came to volunteering there was a ratio of 4:1 poor people than rich people. So yes I agree. <_<

Donation of food and giving to charity are separate things but it is a valid point. Rich people are snobby or at least a fair percentage are snobby and I can understand them not donating food/clothing to a degree. This is my "rich person" mindset. If I have a lot of money, I'm not going to get hit up for "minor" food drives. I am going to donate in a way in which I don't have to interact with the poor and a way that is from a behind the scenes perspective. If I have money, I don't necessarily want everyone to see me flashing my money around, or trying to out-do other people that donate. Any rich person who knows what they are doing donates money when it comes to taxes as it is financially sound. The rich get taxed a lot of money due to their exhorbitant incomes.

I'm not a tax whiz and I don't know all the rules and regulations. This is confusing, but give me a shot....

A charitable deduction lowers the actual amount of your donation by 15 to 35 cents per dollar, depending on your tax bracket. If you fall within a 15 percent bracket, a deductible $100 cash gift to charity will reduce your taxes by $15. Someone in a 30 percent bracket will deduct $30 for that same $100 donation. The higher your tax bracket, the more you can deduct -- meaning, not only can the wealthy afford to give more, but they are rewarded more for what they give.

That came from here. http://www.casefoundation.org/spotlight/giving/charity

And one more thing. Yes the poor give a higher percent but not more money. I don't know if anyone was arguing that the poor give more money, but it is just erroneous.

Here's a survey done by 20/20 on ABC. It is a highly respected news program.

"But while the rich do give more in overall dollars, according to the Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey, people at the lower end of the income scale give almost 30 percent more of their income."

Here's the link. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=2682730&page=2

If we can agree on this, then I have no issues. ;)

I've read a lot of dumb, ignorant things on this forum, and this tops them ALL!

Hmmm I must agree. Sorry Anthony but sweetie, you really need to open your eyes. :whistle:

Donation of food and giving to charity are separate things but it is a valid point. Rich people are snobby or at least a fair percentage are snobby and I can understand them not donating food/clothing to a degree. This is my "rich person" mindset. If I have a lot of money, I'm not going to get hit up for "minor" food drives. I am going to donate in a way in which I don't have to interact with the poor and a way that is from a behind the scenes perspective. If I have money, I don't necessarily want everyone to see me flashing my money around, or trying to out-do other people that donate. Any rich person who knows what they are doing donates money when it comes to taxes as it is financially sound. The rich get taxed a lot of money due to their exhorbitant incomes.

I'm not a tax whiz and I don't know all the rules and regulations. This is confusing, but give me a shot....

A charitable deduction lowers the actual amount of your donation by 15 to 35 cents per dollar, depending on your tax bracket. If you fall within a 15 percent bracket, a deductible $100 cash gift to charity will reduce your taxes by $15. Someone in a 30 percent bracket will deduct $30 for that same $100 donation. The higher your tax bracket, the more you can deduct -- meaning, not only can the wealthy afford to give more, but they are rewarded more for what they give.

That came from here. http://www.casefoundation.org/spotlight/giving/charity

How I inturpet that is that the rich are getting rewarded for being rich by getting more monet back. It should be the opposite, it should be the less you have the more you get back. But yes it should also be on how much you give. ;)

• 15 years later...

To me It is sad how some people in Spain are too fat, some of them do nothing, another, seem lose their motivation, and eat IS good but not a hobby! And you can be lazy but walk is a need, and there are a lot of fun activities to kill the KGS, like spinning or yoga, and not always is expensive