Bellazon

Rich People Thin: Poor People Fat

trendspotter

I noticed recently while I was in America (I live in Asia now) that wealthy people seem thinner to me and the poor people were mostly obese. It just seems ironic because it used to be that if you were wealthy you were eating well and your body showed it. This is part of the reason why I started my own blog: moviestarfashion.blogspot.com. Come check it!

I noticed recently while I was in America (I live in Asia now) that wealthy people seem thinner to me and the poor people were mostly obese. It just seems ironic because it used to be that if you were wealthy you were eating well and your body showed it. This is part of the reason why I started my own blog: moviestarfashion.blogspot.com. Come check it!

I already knew about it!

In brazil showed a documentary about it...

Yes, the US is one of the only country in the world that the rich are thin and the poor are fat. As Layla90 mentioned, unhealthy foods are cheaper than healthy foods here. Furthermore, the rich are able to access more resources like personal trainers, better medical care , and etc. to stay healthy and "thinner." Also, most high fashion are targeted at the thin and only the rich can afford such luxury---but I guess this point doesn't apply to the US only.

I noticed recently while I was in America (I live in Asia now) that wealthy people seem thinner to me and the poor people were mostly obese. It just seems ironic because it used to be that if you were wealthy you were eating well and your body showed it.

Im thin, skinny, underweight and poor :cry:

Talk about a shameless attempt to get people visiting his/her blog. <_<

I'm not sure that I "buy" into this. What is the monetary cut-off for poor here? You're not going to find many homeless people that are fat and I consider them poor. There are a lot of wealthy people that live or retire down to Florida and they definitely aren't skinny.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE statistics. Anyone can manipulate data to serve their own purposes. But let me make this simple observation. There are more poor people than wealthy people in America. Check. When you visit this country you are going to be exposed to more poor people than wealthy people. So you are exposed to more of one group than the other and your polling statistics (through observation) would be skewed in perception.

There are so many factors at work here. Wealth is generally distributed with age. However, would anyone argue that the old are in better shape than the young? I don't think they are. For the most part, older people have the money.

Of course this is all IMO.