Bellazon

Indiana Jones 4 (2008)

mylovelyangel

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull May 22nd, 2008

post-2633-0-1445993396-79643_thumb.jpg

Director: Steven Spielberg

Writer: David Koepp, Jeff Nathanson

Cast: Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent

Early Summary: Steven Spielberg says that the film will feature all of Jones' former babes in various cameo roles. Karen Allen is expected to be back for one soundbite, and other Indy girls who had smaller roles will be coming back. It is still up in the air whether or not Kate Capshaw, Spielberg's wife, will make an appearance. Sean Connery as Indy's father will be back for a few scenes, and the film is set in the early '50s.

Official Site: http://www.indianajones.com/

First Pic:

post-2633-1182550329_thumb.jpg

I can't say that I'm not looking forward to this movie, but this seems like one of the most forced sequels ever. I mean Rocky 6 and Terminator 3 and Live Free or Die Hard are all definitely guilty of the same thing but it's been approximately 20 years since the last one. Now why don't they dust off Ghostbusters? I cringe at the thought of Back to the future 4.

And I don't get Shia LeBouf. How does he get these movies? He must be connected.

Lets see how it is. And I liked Rocky Balboa.

The story should be good because they have had plenty of time to get a script together. I mean I'm looking forward to this movie and I enjoyed Rocky Balboa too. But the only reason this movie exists is to make money. Yeah, all movies exist to make money, but sometime there is an artistic force behind the movie. (I'm optimistic this time).

I just like the parallels here. T3 and Rocky Balboa only existed because the lead stars were getting older. They hadn't had success in a long time so they returned to a franchise that helped to define them as an actor. But seriously, I want another Ghostbusters. Make it happen.

Connery aint doing this.

"I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son," he said. "But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun."

Meaning his last film role was The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Not cool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...