Nom : Ruben De la Red Gutierrez

Pays : Espagne

Date de naissance: 5 juin 1985

Lieu de naissance : Madrid

Taille : 1m86

Poids : 80 kg

Poste : Milieu

Club actuel : Real Madrid

Rubén De la Red Gutiérrez (born June 5, 1985 in Madrid) is a Spanish football central midfielder, who currently plays for Real Madrid Castilla.

De la Red is a graduate of the Real Madrid youth system.

He made his first team debut on November 10th, 2004 against Tenerife in the Copa del Rey.

Rubén arrived at the Real Madrid youth system when he was just 14 (99/00), the youngest in Cadete B. A year later, the club told him he was not good enough, young De la Red didn't waste any time and signed for Móstoles. At one point Madrid realized the mistake they had made and decided to resign De la Red. After his fourth season with the club, Quique Sánchez Flores De la Red's coach, was moving on to his next club, Getafe and was very willing to take De la Red with him, but Madrid turned him down. De la Red said: "It is a pride that Quique was interested so much in me, but for me Real Madrid is the number one choice, that is clear, everything else comes afterwards".

De la Red about his best position on the pitch: "It would not matter to me. I like to play more ahead just a little bit, but I believe that I have good conditions to be central (he measures at 1.86 and weighs 82 kilos) Midfielder too". Rubén says that when his on the pitch he feel's like Redondo, his idol, helping in attack while helping in defence.

After a first team crisis at Real Madrid, Just after the Recreativo match, where they had a bunch of injuries and problems of scoring goals, De la red was called- up to the first team by Capello along side teamates Torres and Nieto. He was brought at the Zaragoza match where he missed a shot saved by former Real's Keeper Cesar Sanchez, he also was brought at the Mallorca match and also missed a chance.

Lately, his name has been linked to a transfer either to the Primera sides Deportivo, Zaragoza, Getafe, Sevilla or even the Premiership side Liverpool.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...