Bellazon

Minka Kelly
Thumbnail

Stefani20

If we looked like Minka Kelly, we’d certainly be partying. That’s precisely what the actress did in New York City on Wednesday night, when Esquire magazine toasted her title of Sexiest Woman Alive.

At the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel, Kelly mingled with magazine types before being joined by her main squeeze, New York Yankee Derek Jeter.

the envelope via minkakelly.org

Minka Kelly still can’t believe she was named the “Sexiest Woman Alive” by Esquire magazine.

“I thought they were joking and I didn’t believe it till the [photo] shoot happened,” Minka told Access Hollywood at an Esquire event in New York City on Wednesday. “Then I didn’t believe it till I saw it in print… and then I didn’t believe it, and I still don’t believe it!

“It’s a title you really don’t take very seriously,” she smiled. “It’s all in fun and certainly debatable, but I’ll take it for the night!”

Although the humble beauty may still be in shock, she is excited about one aspect of her new title – street cred with her future offspring.

“The most exciting thing about it for me is the bragging rights for my grandkids one day,” Minka laughed.

One would think being the “Sexiest Woman Alive” would come with a host of social benefits, but Minka says that hasn’t been the case thus far.

“No — God, no! No one recognizes me,” Minka told Access, when asked if her new status has brought many fresh perks. “Certainly nothing else has changed in my life. I’m still the silly geeky girl who does not deserve this title – but I’ll take it!”

As for what the brunette bombshell finds sexy, Minka (who is rumored to be engaged to NY Yankees star Derek Jeter), rates laughter as her No. 1.

“I think a good sense of humor is really important and essential,” Minka told Access. “And maybe a healthy diet and exercise. Everyone has their interpretation of what sexy is. I think what’s most sexy to me is someone who can laugh.

“I think everyone is their sexiest when they’re smiling,” she added.

In related news, Minka, who rose to fame playing Lyla Garrity, longtime love to sexy Tim Riggins (played by “Battleship’s” Taylor Kitsch) on NBC’s hit drama “Friday Night Lights,” told Access that she has numerous projects on the horizon.

“I am working on [NBC’s] ‘Parenthood,’ and then I have a movie called ‘The Roommate’ coming out in February,” she told Access. “I just finished a movie, but it will be awhile before that comes out. And I also had a small part in ‘Just Go With It’ — an Adam Sandler movie.”

access hollywood via minkakelly.org

u5jBS.jpg u5m60.jpg

Minka Kelly & Robin Thicke: RLife Live!

Robin Thicke and Minka Kelly pose together for photographers at the RLife live launch event at Renaissance New York Times Square in New York City on Thursday (October 28).

Also pictured below is Esquire’s 2010 Sexiest Woman Alive party sponsored by Ultimat Vodka held at NYC’s Plunge Gansevoort Park Hotel on Wednesday (Ocotober 27).

The 30-year-old was recently crowned with the Sexiest Woman Alive title in the November 2010 issue of Esquire.

just jared

Katy Perry, Maroon 5 Help Launch Windows Phone with Free Concerts

Another major aspect of the launch will come as television and online personality Rob Dyrdek and actress Minka Kelly will fly cross-country on the Really Rally Road Trip, a one-day trek on Nov. 8 that begins in New York and ends up in San Francisco at the Maroon 5 concert, with undisclosed stops in between. The promotion calls out "bad phone behavior"; Windows Phone recently began running a promotion on Facebook encouraging people to submit their "really moments" for a chance to win a Windows Phone.

billboard.com via minkakelly.org

Leighton Meester and Minka Kelly Became BFFs While Fending Off Zits During Puberty

What do gossip, Friday nights, BFFs (best friends forever) and zit cream have in common?

Besides being hot topics for teen girls, it has to do with the first time real-life best friends, Leighton Meester and Minka Kelly met - back in 2003 while filming separate commercials for the zip zapping skincare line, Clearasil.

After fending off zits during puberty, the two went on to become friends and famous TV stars.

Now, their personal and professional lives have merged on the set of their new movie, the psychological thriller "The Roommate."

When asked to collaborate on a movie together, Kelly said, it was a "no brainer!"

When Meester hasn't been playing Blaire Waldorf, the semi-villainous heroine of the CW's "Gossip Girl" she is a also a singer and has released an album, "You Love Is A Drug". Last year, she signed with Universal Records and made her official debut several months later, contributing guest vocals to Cobra Starship's "Good Girls Go Bad". The song became Cobra Starship's biggest hit, cracking the Top Ten that summer. She continued working on her debut album throughout the latter half of 2009, according to her official bio.

Meester hasn't been a red carpet favorite; she's made several worst dressed lists, but that doesn't stop her from her bold choices.

Kelly, who plays the spirited and conflicted cheerleader Lyla Garrity on NBC's "Friday Night Lights", has been keeping busy as well.

She was named the "Sexiest Woman Alive" by Esquire this year, where she admitted that her mom was a stripper - and she wasn't fazed by it at all.

"It was all about what we could do to have fun with nothing. She would come home at like three, four o'clock in the morning, and she would wake me up in the middle of the night and we'd go grocery shopping," Kelly told Esquire.

Kelly has been dating Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter since 2008.

cbsnews via minkakelly.org

• 2 weeks later...