Bellazon

Minka Kelly
Thumbnail

Stefani20

Don't let Minka Kelly's movie star good looks fool you: The girl's got flaws (or so she says), just like everyone else.

The Self cover girl says that while healthy living is an important part of her life for both personal and professional reasons, she believes that the occasional splurge is just as important.

"If you don't let yourself have things you want, especially when it comes to something as simple as food, you'll fail and end up being less healthful," she says. "I try to be sensible and have egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast, a salad with protein for lunch, and fish and veggies at night. But once in a while, I have that cheeseburger and fries!"

"I don't want to diet for the rest of my life … I'd rather go for a small slice of real chocolate cake than a bunch of sugar-free cookies. It's all in moderation."

Check out more of Minka's health and beauty tips inside.

The 'Friday Night Lights' actress, who stars in the psychological thriller 'The Roommate' opposite Leighton Meester, says that despite the pressures of life in the spotlight, she's managed to keep health a priority without sacrificing her looks.

However, even Kelly, who was voted Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" in 2010, says she has moments of self-doubt. "There are days when I have less confidence than other days. When that happens, I try to treat myself the same way I would treat my best friend — meaning, I love my friends for who they are and don't focus on their 'flaws.'"

In spite of her bad days, Kelly says she's come to value the things that make her different. "I embrace my imperfections. They are what makes us beautiful. The scar from the appendectomy I had when I was little and the one from the boogie boarding accident I had a few years ago make me unique, and I'm proud of them."

"I haven't gotten on a scale in a long time. If I'm working out hard enough, I'm proud of myself," says Kelly, who claims that staying active helps her keep a level head.

"Exercise is like meditation for me," says the actress, who works out with celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson. "It’s completely changed my body, my life, everything. I cannot live without it now. When you have such a good workout, it clears everything up mentally, physically, and you just have a better day."

Asked about her long-term goals, Kelly jokes, "Not have to buy bigger jeans!"

popeater.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...