Bellazon

Minka Kelly
Thumbnail

Stefani20

kQSBA.jpg kQV5J.jpg kQXAS.jpg

It's a love match for baseball star Derek Jeter and actress Minka Kelly at the US Open

Derek Jeter and his actress girlfriend Minka Kelly enjoyed a couple's day out at the U.S. Open.

The New Yankees baseball star and the former Friday Night Lights actress looked casual and comfortable in co-coordinating sweats, a sure sign of their closeness.

And despite the on court action they seemed more interested in each other than the game.

Minka, 30, and Derek , 36, watched Novac Djokovic beat USA's James Blake at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Queens, New York.

Also in attendance was comic actor Will Ferrell, who looked rather serious as he listened to the commentary on headphones alongside his wife Swedish actress Viveca Paulin.

The Yankee batter and Minka have been going steady since May 2008, and he got a birthday kiss at home plate from Minka last June, two years after they began dating.

Lately, though, sports pundits have been ruminating over his on field performance after Jeter struggled in what by several statistical measures has been his worst season.

The handsome Yankee icon who is in the last year of his contract has been under performing for some time now.

He had just four hits in his last 40 at-bats and is batting only .266, 48 points below his career mark of .314.

His 10-year, $189-million contract expires after the season but both sides have said they want to work out a new deal.

Derek Jeter and Friday Night Lights actress Minka Kelly spend some time together at the U.S. Open at the U.S. Tennis Center in New York City on Saturday (September 4).

Minka, 30, and Derek, 36, watched Novak Djokovic beat James Blake in 3 sets.

This Friday, Minka will be participating in the Stand Up to Cancer television fundraising event. Gwyneth Paltrow and George Clooney will also be involved in the charity effort!

10+ pictures of Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly, the tennis twosome...

lAPfJ.jpg lARKS.jpg lAUf0.jpg lAWK9.jpg lAZei.jpg lB0Jr.jpg

lB3dA.jpg lB5IJ.jpg lB8cS.jpg lBaI0.jpg lBdc9.jpg

justjared

Jeter, Kelly enjoy date at US Open - September 5, 2010

Derek Jeter and girlfriend Minka Kelly have been spotted at the US Open over the weekend.

The NY Yankees star and Friday Night Lights actress spent Saturday watching the Novac Djokovic and James Blake tennis match in New York, reports Radar Online.

Other celebrities recently photographed at the US Open have been Kanye West and Chelsea Clinton.

It was reported early this year that Jeter and Minka are speculated to marry this autumn.

digitalspy.com

post-24824-0-1446151614-88872_thumb.jpg

Has Derek Jeter Found The One? 5 Things About Minka Kelly - September 6,2010

Yankees super-star Derek Jeter, 36, has dated his share of famous women but none seemed to inspire him to settle down. Mariah Carey, Jessica Biel, Vanessa Minnillo, Jordana Brewster to name just a few. Jeter was spotted at the U.S. Open looking extra-cozy and happy with his girlfriend since 2008, actress Minka Kelly, 30. So who is this woman who might tame the notorious bachelor? Some things about her:

1. She is the only daughter of former Aerosmith guitarist Rick Dufay, whom she says abandoned her resulting in a rough childhood. She resumed a relationship with him when she was 17.

2. Her role as Lyla Garrity on Friday Night Lights, a television critics darling with a history of ratings challenges, is critically acclaimed, with the NY Times calling her performance "heart-breaking."

3. She has dated famous men before Jeter, including actor Chris Evans and (get ready to boo) musician John Mayer.

4. The NY Post has speculated that Jeter and Kelly will be tying the knot on November 5 of this year.

5. She originally intended to be a surgical technician but got hooked on acting and pursued that instead.

What do you think? Is she "The One" for Jeter with little short-stops in their future?

Photo: Pacific Coast News

source

SEPTEMBER 1, 2010 / LA & NYC (www.standup2cancer.org) - The extraordinary lineup of actors, musicians, athletes and journalists participating in the Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) (September 10, 2010, at 8PM EST & PST / 7PM CT)...

Musical guests scheduled to perform include: Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day,Neil Diamond, The Edge, Delta Goodrem, Herbie Hancock, Kris Kristofferson, Lady Antebellum, Leona Lewis, Orianthi and Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson of Heart. These artists join previously announced performers including Natasha Bedingfield, Martina McBride, Aaron Neville, Dave Stewart and Stevie Wonder.

The Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) telecast will raise funds that will accelerate innovative cancer research. The live, one-hour fundraising event will be simulcast commercial-free on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Bio, Current TV, Discovery Health, E!, G4, HBO, HBO Latino, MLB Network, mun2, Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, The Style Network, TV One and VH1 and hosted by network news anchors Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer and Brian Williams. The broadcast will air in 195 countries, as well as on the Armed Forces Network.

"Plain and simple, cancer takes too much from us," said Laura Ziskin, SU2C co-founder and executive producer of the September 10th broadcast, who is a cancer survivor.

"Loved ones lost to it, pain and suffering endured by those in treatment, even the recent report that cancer has the most devastating economic impact of any cause of death... this disease exacts a very high price. We want people all over the country to rise up and say, "ENOUGH!"

"Tune in on Sept. 10th to see your favorite stars, who'll ask, "Will you stand up with us?"

Person by person, saying "yes" moves us toward a goal completely within our grasp: a world without cancer.

A donation of any size brings scientists one step closer to a cure," Ziskin said.

Cat Deeley of FOX's So You Think You Can Dance will host the pre-show promotion to kick off the evening as the celebrity phone bank opens at 7:30 PM EST / 4:30 PM PST.

A 30-minute online "after hours" extended play featuring jams with musical guests Fitz and the Tantrums, Orianthi, Natasha Bedingfield and Heart will conclude the night's events.

The pre-show promotion and extended play will be featured on numerous online portals and destination sites (which will all also stream the one-hour special online) including: ABC, ABC News, AOL, Bing, CBS, CBS News, Crackle, Discovery Health, E! Online, FOX, G4, Hulu, Livestream, MLB Network, MSN, mun2, NBC, Style Network, TV Guide, TV One, Ustream, VEVO, VH1, Wonderwall.MSN.com, omg.yahoo.com and YouTube.

Previously announced participants in the September 10th special include: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Tatyana Ali, Dave Annable, Christina Applegate, Lance Armstrong, David Boreanaz, Abigail Breslin, Cindy Crawford, Fran Drescher, Elizabeth Edwards, Donald Faison, Sally Field, Derek Fisher, Michael C. Hall, Alyson Hannigan, Tony Hawk, Jon Heder, Marg Helgenberger, Terrence Howard, Ken Jeong, Rashida Jones, Minka Kelly, Laura Linney, Zachary Levi, Ray Liotta, Seth MacFarlane, Mandy Moore, Apolo Anton Ohno, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Jim Parsons, Aubrey Plaza, Dr. Ana Maria Polo, Yarel Ramos, Naya Rivera, Robin Roberts, Seth Rogen, The Simpsons, Eric Stonestreet, Marcia Strassman, Alison Sweeney, Maura Tierney, Gabrielle Union, Sofia Vassilieva, Sofia Vergara, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Reese Witherspoon and Ethan Zohn.

http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/node/4297

How I Met Your Mother's Ted Gets a Long-Term Love Interest

Are the writers of How I Met Your Mother finally ready to resolve all this nonsense about the show's mother? Probably not, but EW's Michael Ausiello says Jennifer Morrison, Minka Kelly, and Jacinda Barrett are in the running for a role as Ted's love interest. The character would appear in thirteen episodes, which doesn't seem quite long enough to conceive two kids, but who knows.

nymag

^I agree. I might actually watch if she were on the show. :D

And now that there's been a whole bunch of news on Minka's alleged airplane freak out, I've finally found a nice, simple article that explains the entire story without an angst filled attitude regarding the fact that Minka is dating Derek Jeter and they never will. :cain: I don't know what the big deal is with him, but if she's happy, I'm happy for her. Anyway, I wish I could post the TMZ report I just saw a few minutes ago- because it was hilarious- but it wouldn't be online just yet. If I find it, though, I'll post it.

Minka Kelly's Dog Almost Couldn't Fly First Class

Yesterday, a tipster told Gawker that actress Minka Kelly had "caused such a fucking scene about her dog not being able to be on seat w/ her that the pilot had to come out before we even left the gate" at JFK Airport, while heading to Los Angeles on a Delta flight. And the tipster claimed the Friday Night Lights starlet called her boyfriend, Derek Jeter, to talk to pilot! Luckily Kelly's lawyer Marty Singer was able to set the story straight, "I know that the story that was reported in Gawker is a complete lie. If someone threw a fit on a plane, they'd be thrown off the plane in 30 seconds."

Apparently the Delta crew told Kelly that her cockapoo named Chewie couldn't be stowed under the chair in front of her (because the seats in first class don't have that kind of space) during takeoff and landing. Kelly herself told the Post, "I asked to speak to a supervisor, please. I called my manager's assistant to make sure she arranged everything and went through certain steps to make sure the dog can fly... I didn't think there'd be a problem."

Luckily, a fellow first-class passenger's father, who was sitting in coach, offered to let Kelly sit in coach during takeoff and landing. How's that for a Hollywood ending?

http://gothamist.com/2010/09/08/minka_kellys_dog_wasnt_allowed_to_t.php

How I Met Your Mother's Ted Gets a Long-Term Love Interest

Are the writers of How I Met Your Mother finally ready to resolve all this nonsense about the show's mother? Probably not, but EW's Michael Ausiello says Jennifer Morrison, Minka Kelly, and Jacinda Barrett are in the running for a role as Ted's love interest. The character would appear in thirteen episodes, which doesn't seem quite long enough to conceive two kids, but who knows.

nymag

Sadly, it was confirmed today that Jennifer Morrison landed the role. :cry:

However, from what I've read, Minka's supposed to be returning to Parenthood this season. So hopefully that's still true.