Bellazon

Cartel
Thumbnail

musiclocalmusic4107eb7.jpg

Cartel is a five-member American pop punk band from Atlanta, Georgia that formed in 2004. All members have been friends since high school. Their most recent album, Chroma put them on Alternative Press's 2005 list of "Bands You Need to Know". In March 2006, they were also named Yahoo! Music's winner in the "Who's Next" competition and a Breaker artist by AOL music.

Touring and Chroma

In March 2006, Cartel signed to Epic Records, moving up from The Militia Group. Both The Militia Group's distributor Sony's RED Distribution and Epic Records are divisions of Sony BMG Music Entertainment.

The band recently finished touring as support for New Found Glory with The Early November and Hit The Lights. After some local shows, they will kick off a headlining tour featuring bands Cobra Starship, Boys Like Girls, Quietdrive, New Atlantic and Permanent Me. The nation wide tour starts in February and continues until the end of March.

Recently, Cartel contributed a cover version of the Oasis song "Wonderwall" to the Punk Goes '90s compilation, a part of the Punk Goes... series. They will also be re-releasing their debut album Chroma under Epic Records. The re-release will be packaged with a live EP, Live Dudes. On June 8, 2006, Ryan Roberts, the band's bass player, decided to leave the band. The band said it was an "amicable" breakup. An old friend of the band, Jeff Lett, joined as a replacement for Roberts.

Their single "Honestly" was used during breaks in ESPN's coverage of NCAA's 2007 March Madness, and was featured in John Tucker Must Die.

Their latest single, Say Anything (Else) is featured on the Madden NFL 2007 soundtrack and in the trailer for Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj.

The band's album was streamed on AbsolutePunk.net as the website's first ever "ABSOLUTExclusive."

Band in a Bubble

Cartel is participating in the American version of the Band in a Bubble starting on May 24, 2007.

They must write, record and produce a full length album in the 20 days they are living inside the bubble, while fans are allowed to access 23 strategically placed web cameras 24/7.

On June 3, 2007 Cartel's front window was broken by striking winds coming from Pier 54, exactly 10 days after being first put into the bubble.

The band is scheduled to finish on June 12 2007, when the band will leave the bubble and perform their new album live.

Members

Will Pugh – vocals, guitar, piano

Joseph Pepper – guitar

Nic Hudson – guitar

Jeff Lett – bass

Kevin Sanders – drums

Source:Wikipedia

620cartelwc2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have pictures with every member of the band. I've seen them live 5 times... they're amazing and all the guys are super nice. They're gaining popularity now cuz of that show they were doing.

My favorite picture... Will and I last year at one of the Warped Tour dates I went to. [been going to Warped for 5 years now]

post-3805-1181881941_thumb.jpg

Most of the bands that are suddenly becoming popular I've liked for awhile. It's weird.