Bellazon

Monika Jagaciak
Thumbnail

kadu

Vogue.it Interview

The turning point in the modelling career of Monika Jagaciak came at the tender age of 13 when she was booked for the Hermès campaign which immediately put her at the top of her game.

Even now, after many years in the fashion industry, Jac – this is how her agency nicknamed her – maintains a timeless appeal that allows her to play any role, from sophisticated to rebellious.

Having left Puszczykowo in Poland for New York, Jac appears to be inhabiting two souls: that of a young girl from a small town in Eastern Europe who believes that the best advice she can give about fashion is “not take it too seriously, it’s only fashion” and that of a career woman who has already travelled the world widely knowing she “has thoroughly deserved it”.

There’s something magnetic and mysterious to Jac, due – perhaps – to her appearing as a child-woman who moves freely between the two speech registers, as shown during the interview when, with candour, admits talking to her mum over the phone every day and, right after, after careful pondering, explains that “in the future all I want is to be happy, having a loving family, live in a nice place, getting better, improving…that’s all I wish for"

127900608-300x451.jpg?9d7bd4

New Year’s Eve Hangover Cures From the Hard Partying Fashion Industry

Jac Jagaciak

“I don’t have so many tips because I never really get hungover. I Poland we drink uh, how do you say…water from the pickles?”

Pickle juice?

“Yeah, pickle juice! They say it works there.”