Bellazon

Book quotes

Guest Lullaby

Yeah, that's true, but sometimes the translation is better :p,

just like my favourite quote (Not from a book)

"Sans toi, les émotions d'aujourd'hui ne seraient que la peau morte des émotions d'autrefois"

The Chinese translation is really touching :wub:

I knwo :cry: I almost cried at that book and it doesn't happen often :pinch:

I found it on google and used online translator, both methods gave me the results

"Without you, today's emotions would be the dead skin of yesterday's emotions" :p

oh...this is so ... :wub:

some others:

Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

You don't get over the pain, you just learn to live with it through time.

we only live once.. so we should live life to the fullest...

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

LOVE IS LIKE WAR ,EASY TO START, DIFFICULT TO END AND IMPPOSSIBLE TO FORGET

if it wasn't for the last minute things would never get done

How do you know when you've gotten old? It's when you have more memories than dreams.

The heart has reasons that reason cannot know.

Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow ~ Don't walk behind me, I may not lead ~ Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

And in the end, it

• 2 weeks later...

^Cute! ;)

My lord though, there are just plenty swimming around my brain... This one speaks to me somewhat apt however:

And it came to me then. That we were wonderful traveling companions but in the end no more than lonely lumps of metal in their own separate orbits. From far off they look like beautiful shooting stars, but in reality they're nothing more than prisons, where each of us is locked up alone, going nowhere. When the orbits of these two satellites of ours happened to cross paths, we could be together. Maybe even open our hearts to each other. But that was only for the briefest moment. In the next instant we'd be in absolute solitude. Until we burned up and became nothing.

- Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart

heres 2 more by my man clive... from the childrens book 'abarat'

"I dreamed I spoke in another's language,

I dreamed I lived in another's skin,

I dreamed I was my own beloved,

I dreamed I was a tiger's kin.

I dreamed that Eden lived inside me,

And when I breathed a garden came,

I dreamed I knew all of Creation,

I dreamed I knew the Creator's name.

I dreamed--and this dream was the finest--

That all I dreamed was real and true,

And we would live in joy forever,

You in me, and me in you."

and the cutest :D

"O woe is me,

O woe is me,

I used to have a hamster tree,

But it was eaten by a newt,

And now I have no cuddly fruit

• 2 weeks later...

another one :wub:

She was humbled, she was grieved; she repented, though she hardly knew of what. She became jealous of his esteem, when she could no longer hope to be benefited by it. She wanted to hear of him, when there seemed the last chance of gaining intelligence. She was convinced that she could have been happy with him, when it was no longer likely they should meet.

Pride & Prejudice~Jane Austen :heart:

I'm turning into a quote freak :|

anyway :p

Nothing is more deceitful ... than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion, and sometimes an indirect boast.

Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen

The power of doing anything with quickness is always prized much by the possessor, and often without any attention to the imperfection of the performance.

I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.

It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.

Anne Frank-the diary of a young girl

It's utterly impossible for me to build my life on a foundation of chaos, suffering and death. I see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness, I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too, I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better, that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more.

Anne Frank-the diary of a young girl

What can be imagined can be done

Celeste~Interview with the vampire by Anne Rice

...and so it goes back and back, nothing proceeding from nothing, until here is nothing! And we must live with the knowledge that there is no knowledge.

Louis~Interview with the vampire by Anne Rice

The sky was never quiet the same shade of blue again. The world looked different forever after and even in moments of exquisite happines there was darkness lurking, the sense of our frailty and our hopelessness.

Lestat~The vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

The long vibrant notes, and the chilling glissandos, and the violin singing in its own tongue to make every other form of speech seem false. Yet as the song deepened, it became the very essence of despair as if its beauty were a horried coincidence grotesquery without a particle o0f truth.

Was this what he believed, what he had always believed when I talked on and on about goodness? Was he making the violin say it? Was he deliberately creating those long, pure liquid notes to say that beauty meant nothing because it came from the despair inside him, and it had nothing to do with the despair finally because the despair wasn't beautiful, and beauty was then a horried irony?

Another one :p

The air comes out of one body and is breathed into another. The music, does it pass out of one ear and into another, as the old expression goes? We breathe the light, we breathe the music, we breathe the moment as it passes through us.

Another one :p

The air comes out of one body and is breathed into another. The music, does it pass out of one ear and into another, as the old expression goes? We breathe the light, we breathe the music, we breathe the moment as it passes through us.

Nice Genta :wub:

• 3 months later...

''When I see you the World stops. It stops and all that exists for me is you and my eyes staring at you. There's nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries, no yesterday or tomorrow. The World just stops, and it is a beautiful place, and there is only you. Just you, and my eyes staring at you.

When you're gone, the World starts again, and I don't like it as much. I can live in it, but I don't like it. I just walk around in it and wait to see you again and wait for it to stop again. I love it when it stops. It's the best fucking thing I've ever known or ever felt, the best thing, and that, beautiful Girl, is why I stare at you. ''

— A MILLON LITTLE PIECES, James Frey

The forms of the beloved death flit before me, and I hasten to their arms. Farewell, Walton! Seek happiness in tranquility, and avoid ambition, even if it be only the apparently innocent one of distinguishing yourself in science and discoveries. Yet why do I say this? I have myself been blasted in these hopes, yet another may succeed.

Victor Frankenstein to explorer Robert Walton

Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus, 1818 By Mary Shelley

''When I see you the World stops. It stops and all that exists for me is you and my eyes staring at you. There's nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries, no yesterday or tomorrow. The World just stops, and it is a beautiful place, and there is only you. Just you, and my eyes staring at you.

When you're gone, the World starts again, and I don't like it as much. I can live in it, but I don't like it. I just walk around in it and wait to see you again and wait for it to stop again. I love it when it stops. It's the best fucking thing I've ever known or ever felt, the best thing, and that, beautiful Girl, is why I stare at you. ''

Aww :wub: that's a cute quote I love it

• 4 weeks later...

Aww :wub: that's a cute quote I love it

yeah, the book was really good too.