Bellazon

How to get that Male Model type of body?

Sam12

Hi guys, my goal for the summer is to obtain that male model type of body. I know its very hard to obtain that look and sustain it for a long period of time. I am 150 pounds and 6ft tall. I know I need to gain more weight but for some reason its hard because I eat a lot and still do not gain much. I have joined a gym recently but would like some help from you people. What kind of a daily exercising schedule to most male models follow? What are the food groups they eat and which are the food groups they avoid? How many servings of what kind of foods? I know doing Cardio is good but I am afraid of losing weight. Basically I want to know everything I can so I can accomplish my goal by the end of the summer and keep it that way for a long time. I feel at home here so I would like some feedback from all of you. :)

As far as I know, there's not one type of 'male model body'. There are very muscular and very skinny models and men that are in between. For a good exercise schedule and diet I would just go to your gym and ask one of the people there to help you. They can customize it to your demands and wishes. Every body is different, so things that work for my body don't necessarily have to work for you.

Genetics is also a big factor. Sometimes you have to realize that you can't accomplish what you want, because not every is built to do so. Or you have to diet extremely, use a lot of supplements and then you may accomplish, but do you think it's worth it?

I also realized that I'll never be able to wash clothes on my abs...

I completely understand that and I am looking to shape my body in that in between phase of not too muscular and not too skinny. I dont know too much about which successful male models have that body type, so I would like it if you guys can name some names. I know that everyone's body is different and will react differently to various things but I just want to know generally about what kind of a diet do most models follow and what their exercise routine is. I am sure they must be eating very similar food groups or exercising with a similar routine because many of them look like clones on the runway, but then again I don't know too much about male models so I could be wrong. The trainers at my gym are not very helpful, thats why I am looking for help anywhere I can get it. I definitely do not think that taking diet supplements is the right way to go and I would never use them, that is why I am looking to follow the regular path of working out, I mean I know its a tough route but I am sure in the end it will be worth it and it wont affect me negatively with any side effects that can arise from taking diet supplements. Its my goal to obtain a more "fit" body by the end of the summer and I hope I accomplish it. I would like to get a body close to that of Will Chalker's(one of the few male models I do know somewhat about lol) perhaps. He does not seem too muscular or too skinny, at least from what I have seen on the runway. I hope I am right lol.

post-6570-0-1446080474-44946_thumb.jpg

I hear it takes years to get into the shape most male models are... but I always like the body figure of a boxer. Very lean and atheletic, not necessarily full of muscles :) If you have problem putting weight on I think most people would suggest that you use some kind of gainer and protein supplements so that you can build muscle faster and easier.

If you have a fast metabolism, you have to eat more fequently, too. Like 5 or 6 meals a day. As ed said, there are protein suppliments you can take. Protein shakes are good because you can buy them in cans and take them whenever, but they're a little pricey and some of them don't taste that great. <_<

I also once heard the most you can realistically expect to gain in muscle mass is 12 pounds per year.

I don't have a Will Chalker's body, but it kinda looks the same, if you think away the abs :D

Don't think of supplements as something negative, they can some much needed stuff the help your body. Just make sure you don't use any junk. For example I use protein, calcium/magnesium tablets and vitaminpills. Your muscles contain of protein, so you need to eat things that contain protein such as fish, meat, poultry etc. Most of the time you can't consume enough protein as needed, so you that's where proteinshakes come in. When I've worked out (MMA and sometimes weights) I use a shake afterwards to make sure my body has enough protein during the night to recover. How much you need, is something you have to calculate. It's at least 0.8 gr protein per kg bodyweight. Most people who do extensive workouts with weights use shakes in the evening before going to bed and when they wake up, again to make sure their body has enough protein to recover the lost muscle mass.

I use calcium/magnesium because of my lactore intolerance...so you may not need it. Vitamine effervescent tablet (sp?) are also handy to add some extra vitamins to your body. I use one a day. When it comes to food, make sure you eat about 6 times a day. Don't forget breakfast, because that's probably the most important meal of the day. Don't eat too much fatty foods. Eat healthy. Try to sleep well and let your body rest enough, because you actually make muscle mass in your sleep.

Creatin also works pretty well. I haven't used that, but friends of mine have and they're very pleased with it. There's a lot of information on the internet when it comes to training and supplements. But don't use them immediately. Try to calculate what you need and try to get it with your food. All the extras you can get from the supplements.

I can't really make a workout schedule, for somebody else because I'm not an expert when it comes to pure bodybuilding. But I'd advise you to train at least 5 days a week and try to rest one day. A lot of people don't do cardio when they're trying to put on mass. I always thought that was stupid, because your heart is also a muscle that needs training.

Don't forget, training is all about discipline. At times it's not gonna be fun, but that's where the real diehards continue..especially when you're motivated. Also think about why you want to put on muscle mass. Girls? Selfconfidence? Aesthetics? The wrong motivation can be a discipline killer.

most male models used to do a lot of sport (like not JUST lifting weight and hiting the gym twice a week) before they started modelling so i doubt you'll be able to have a body like that in short period of time but you have to start somewhere :p i need to start working out as well, ugh

^ I actually used to be a runner before, but its been a year since I have done that so I dont know if it counts.

Thanks a lot everyone for your advice, I'll try and incorporate what you guys have said into my fitness regime, so lets see how it goes.