Bellazon

Ian Somerhalder
Thumbnail

persuazn

D.O.B: 8 December 1978

Height: 5'9"

The son of a massage therapist and a building contractor, Somerhalder was born and raised in the small southern town of Covington, LA. Boating, swimming, fishing and training horses filled much of his recreational time growing up, as did the school drama club and performing with the local theater group. With his mother's encouragement, at age 10 he began a modeling career that took him to New York each summer. By junior high, he opted to put modeling on the back burner and focus more on sports and school. A few years later, when the opportunity to model in Europe arose, Somerhalder grabbed it, embarking on an enriching path of work, travel and study that took him to cities including Paris, Milan and London. At 17, he began studying acting in New York, and by 19 had committed himself to the craft, working with preeminent acting coach William Esper. His fate was sealed while working as an extra in a club scene in the feature film Black & White. A talent manager visiting a client on the set spotted Somerhalder in a crowd scene of 400 and immediately signed him for representation. Happy to be anchored in New York, Somerhalder spends much of his time studying acting, writing and practicing yoga. His recreational interests include water and snow skiing and horseback riding.

Modeled for Guess and Versace.

Began modeling at age 10.

His mom is a massage therapist, while dad is a building contractor.

Was the face of Guess? for two consecutive Fall seasons.

Modeled for Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabanna,and Gucci. However, he doesn't like to talk about his modeling career because of the impressions people might get of him as being just another pretty face.

Played varsity soccer and baseball.

Shares a birthday with fellow co-star of his new hit series Lost, with Dominic Monaghan.

regime.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not active yet. Since I don't know how to set up forums, my friend Leigh's doing it. And taking her sweet time.

I'll post it when it's ready. But I'll warn you - we're going to bash Ian as much as we're going to worship him.

Title is Love and Hate. Cause, we love him, but sometimes he REALLY pisses us off. heh.