Bellazon

Taylor Fuchs
Thumbnail

Greetings to all. I've spent the last 2 days (!) catching up on this thread, and wanted to take a minute just to thank those of you who take the time to find and post images. I've been looking for images of Mr. Fuchs and while a Google image search gave me some, a good half were unusable for my purposes. I found a wealth of them here. :kiss:

Also, given all the talk of his feline looks and references to godhood (I'm sure he'd be amused if he ever Googles himself), I thought some of you might be entertained knowing WHAT I needed the images for. I don't know a lot about fashion (at all). I'm a novelist, and working on a story. I find it easier to describe characters if I have a real human being as a physical model as, while I often do have a fairly clear mental image of what someone looks like, the idiosyncratic details can be provided by looking at real faces. I've been known to find images in everything from store fliers to junk mail.

But how do you find someone physically perfect enough to model as a Greek god? (literally) *grin* So I entered "top male models" and "feline" in Google, and came up with a couple of names, Mr. Fuchs among them (also Matthias Lauridsen [sp?]). But as soon as I saw Taylor Fuchs, that was IT.

He is Dionysos! He matches to an uncanny degree the image I had in my head -- well, making his hair blacker and his eyes greener ... but in facial feature, he's it. He even has the characteristic bow mouth found on Greek statues, as well as a nose that could pass, and those feline eyes. (His cheekbones are a bit sharp; the Greeks idealized a rounder face, but I LIKE the cheekbones.)

And of course, Dionysos is STRONGLY associated with big cats -- the leopard, the lion ...

post-35930-0-1445992325-53834_thumb.jpg

What he's carrying there is called a "thyrsos," it's a fertility symbol. If best known today as the god of wine and the theatre, Dionysos is actually a vegetation and fertility god, as well as the god of "zoe" (life), ecstatic expression, extremes, and divine madness/inspiration. While not the chief god, there's no other Greek deity that has influence over quite so many diverse areas. :blush:

A last amusing tidbit ... he's one of only two Greek male deities who was faithful to his (mortal) wife (Ariadne). The other faithful god was Hades! I find this particularly amusing as he is a fertility god, and was known for having female "groupies" (the maenads, or bacchants). He's also interesting because he's the only male Greek deity who had a major cult of female devotees. (Adonis did as well, but he's an import, not a native Greek deity.) Mr. Fuchs might enjoy having bacchants. *grin*

Okay, I shall cease boring with a lecture on Greek myth, but considering the past conversations in the thread, I hope it gives some of you a laugh.

Taylor Fuchs = Leopard Boy? :p

Thanks again for all the lovely, and useful, images, most particularly the candids and casual dress images.

(P.S. I should probably clarify, just to avoid confusion, the images are for my purposes. Obviously, they wouldn't be included in a published book or you'd violate a WHOLE bunch of copyrights. *grin* But novelists do find it useful to have good mental images for descriptive purposes.)

Ooo, Ooo! Pretty. He has lovely planes to his face. I think that's why he photographs so well. The suit is v. classy, although I think I actually prefer him in browns. I do like the slightly darker hair on him, however. Not sure if that's just from a lack of normal summer sun bleach, or if he's having it dyed, but I like it. It's striking because he's got very fair skin and even if if's not fully natural, it looks natural.

And I actually found something that I haven't seen posted yet! So I get to contribute, not just comment! (Well, I hope it's not a duplicate.) There's not a lot of Mr. Fuchs in here, unfortunately, but a few brief shots.

Well ... phoo. It won't let me embed the video.

Here's the URL:

Ooo, Ooo! Pretty. He has lovely planes to his face. I think that's why he photographs so well. The suit is v. classy, although I think I actually prefer him in browns. I do like the slightly darker hair on him, however. Not sure if that's just from a lack of normal summer sun bleach, or if he's having it dyed, but I like it. It's striking because he's got very fair skin and even if if's not fully natural, it looks natural.

And I actually found something that I haven't seen posted yet! So I get to contribute, not just comment! (Well, I hope it's not a duplicate.) There's not a lot of Mr. Fuchs in here, unfortunately, but a few brief shots.

Well ... phoo. It won't let me embed the video.

Here's the URL:

Thank you. :)

That video has never been posted before. Great find! :D :heart:

hahaha nice! i was saving them for us haha but you posted them already so its cool :hug: , just didnt want anyone having a heart attack, or probably just me :trout: haha

i love browns on him too! :yes: i also think he suits dark maroons and reds?

I'm sorry... :o