Bellazon

the French

lisa-1

Birth of GUY LAROCHE in La Rochelle, France.

He visits the United States and learns new Ready-to-Wear manufacturing methods.

GUY LAROCHE opens his own Fashion House, avenue Franklin Roosevelt, Paris 8.

60 brilliantly presented styles turn this young unknown into a Great Couturier overnight and propose a new kind of image for women. This was the Laroche Allure and the beginning of huge success.

He launches stunning colors. Pink, orange, coral, topaz, turquoise.

Amazing cuts and materials, pleated coats, daring décolletés and plunging surprise-backs and scoop-backs.

As well as grand evening dresses and suits with all-over embroidery, beading and sequins.

GUY LAROCHE expands his Fashion House in a mansion, avenue Montaigne.

He launches his first Luxury Ready-to-Wear Collection and opens his first boutique at the same address.

Launching of the FIDJI fragrance.

Opening of the first GUY LAROCHE MONSIEUR boutique with the brand new men’s Ready-to-Wear.

DRAKKAR men’s fragrance.

Opening of the second GUY LAROCHE MONSIEUR boutique on the Faubourg Saint-Honoré.

Launching of GUY LAROCHE DIFFUSION, the Fashion House’s new Ready-to-Wear line.

Opening of new boutiques in France and abroad.

DRAKKAR NOIR, launching of a men’s fragrance line that was to become an international must overnight.

July 1985

GUY LAROCHE is awarded the Haute-Couture GOLDEN THIMBLE for his 1985 Fall-Winter Collection.

JACQUES CHIRAC, then Prime Minister and Mayor of Paris, gives GUY LAROCHE the insignia of Chevalier de l’Ordre

de la Légion d’Honneur.

January 1989

GUY LAROCHE is awarded his second Haute-Couture GOLDEN THIMBLE for his 1989 Spring-Summer Collection.

Since Mr Guy Laroche died on February 17th 1989, famous designers have insured the continuity of the styling and image of the House : Angelo Tarlazzi, Michel Klein, Alber Elbaz…

Today the different product lines are created by a studio made of young and gifted designers.

• 4 months later...

wow great thread!!

J'aime la France...I was at Charles de Gaulle for a 6 hour stopover en route to Morocco and I fell in love with every French person that I met on the plane and at the airport. I love French people....It took a considerable amount of self control to not miss my flight...my group leader told my group that she wouldn't let us leave the airport because once we saw Paris, we would never want to leave :laugh:

French is my favorite class at school. I love the language and it's sexy when frenchmen speak english :blush: Dans un autre vie, j'étais française....

oh and don't forget to add Gaspard Ulliel to this thread! :heart: :drool:

Je suis tombée amoureux de lui.....

I'm giving in the crazy, obsessed, fangirl in me :ninja: :whistle: :laugh:

• 2 months later...

I love this thread!!!and I just have to add....

Francois Ozonpost-18834-0-1446427999-77831_thumb.jpg& Catherine Deneuve

Date of Birth

15 November 1967, Paris, France

Graduated from La Fémis in 1993.

His movies are usually characterized by sharp satirical wit and a freewheeling view on human sexuality.

Calls actress Romola Garai his muse.

Considers filmmaking a "parallel world", in which he flees the boring everyday life.

His favorite director is Rainer Werner Fassbinder.

Personal Quotes

"To be a star, an icon, is very heavy. The problem with this kind of woman, especially Jeanne [Moreau] or Catherine Deneuve, they have been such huge stars since when they were so young, they can be disconnected from reality. And sometimes they are in a bad mood, it can happen. But they are clever enough that if you tell them 'Stop now,' you can say that to this kind of woman and they come back to reality very quickly."

post-18834-1205585513_thumb.jpgpost-18834-1205585658_thumb.jpg

post-18834-1205586273_thumb.jpgpost-18834-1205586325_thumb.jpg

With Virginie Ledoyan and Ludivine Sagnierpost-18834-0-1446427999-79242_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

tautoucocojl8.jpg

Audrey Tautou, best known for personifying adorableness, will play legendary fashion designer Coco Chanel in a biopic to be directed by Anne Fontaine. Moreover she will be in the new advertissement of Chanel n°5 directed by Jean Pierre Jeunet (director of Amélie Poulain)

Fashion: model: Héloise Guérin

First Name: Heloise

Last Name: Guerin

Nationality: French

Ethnicity:

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Blue

Date of Birth: August 26,

Place of Birth:

Height: 5'11" ; 180cm

Measurements: (US) 32-23.5-35 ; (EU) 81-60-89

Dress Size:

Shoe Size:

Mother agency: unknown

Agencies: Women Management - Paris

marcbymjacobsfw0804qh9wc5.jpg11cn6ma0.jpg

20680bsgilfw0846122209ltz0.jpg23634erinfetherstonfw08ny5.jpg

french Babe: Marie Meyer

First Name: Marie

Last Name: Meyer

Nationality: French

Ethnicity: French/Canadian

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Date of Birth:

Place of Birth: France

Height: 5'10.5" ; 179cm

Measurements: (US) 33-24-35 ; (EU) 84-61-89

Dress Size: (US) 6 ; (EU) 36

Shoe Size: (US) 8 ; (EU) 39

Mother agency: unknown

Agencies: 1 Model Management

Models 1

Viva Models - Paris

Why Not Model Agency

Ford Models - New York

NBPeople

Advertisements: Jean Paul Gaultier 'Classique' Parfum, Repossi Jewells, Roberta Scarpa, Talbot & Runholf, Yves Saint Laurent Make Up

Magazine Covers: Italy: 'D' - October 2005

'Style'

Fashion Shows: Ready to wear - Fall/Winter 2003: {Haider Ackermann}

Ready to wear - Fall/Winter 2006: {Custo Barcelona, Dianne Von Fustenberg, Dolce & Gabbana, Ungaro, Hermes, Neil Barret, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Yves Saint Lorent}

Haute Couture - Fall/Winter 2006: {Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier}

Ready to wear - Spring/summer 2007 {Christian Dior, Custo Barcelona, Hermes, Jean Paul Gaultier, Ungaro}

Haute Couture - Spring/summer 2007 {Christian Dior, Elie Saab}

Hobbies:

Notes: She played the role of Eurydice in the film 'Alexander' from 2004.

jeanpaulgaultier2006fwhva8.jpgphotomiddef1297718na0zr0.jpg

000000052971mariemeyerfla6.jpgsanstitre3or6.png

:wave:

Jeanne Moreau

post-18834-0-1446428010-56922_thumb.jpg

Moreau has told interviewers that the characters she played were not her. But even the most famous film critic of his generation, Roger Ebert, thinks that she is a lot like her most enduring role, Catherine in François Truffaut's Jules et Jim (1962). Behind those eyes and that enigmatic smile is a woman with a mind. In a review of Clothes in the Wardrobe (1993) (TV) Ebert wrote: "Jeanne Moreau has been a treasure of the movies for 35 years... Here, playing a flamboyant woman who nevertheless keeps her real thoughts closely guarded, she brings about a final scene of poetic justice as perfect as it is unexpected".

post-18834-0-1446428010-57608_thumb.jpgpost-18834-0-1446428010-58181_thumb.jpgpost-18834-0-1446428010-58759_thumb.jpg

post-18834-1214090469_thumb.jpg

post-18834-1214090484_thumb.jpg

post-18834-1214090512_thumb.jpg