Bellazon

Planet Earth

Ack

More than five years in the making, PLANET EARTH redefines blue-chip natural history filmmaking and continues the Discovery Channel mission to provide the highest quality programming in the world. The 11-part series will amaze viewers with never-before-seen animal behaviors, startling views of locations captured by cameras for the first time, and unprecedented high-definition production techniques. Award-winning actress and conservationist Sigourney Weaver is the series' narrator.

I don't know how many people have seen this series, but it is absolutely incredible. It's the most beautiful portrayel of this planet with all of it's animals, caves, mountains,plants etc ever seen and I recommend everybody to buy/download or watch it on BBC/Discovery. They have managed to capture things that have never been filmed. It's a must see!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/plane...ut/episode.html

• 1 month later...

It's the most beautiful televisionprogram ever made imo. It's just incredible. I love it. It shows things that nobody will/can't ever see, but are absolutely beautiful. Watch it and come tell me I'm right afterwards :D

o man i really liked when the shark ate that seal or whatever it was

they get such great fotage

That was absolutely great. Actually every episode was amazing. The thing that impressed me the most was when that ant got infected with spores and that parasite started to grow out of his head. The other ants started to carry him away to make sure he wouldn't infect the rest of the colony. I was very very impressed.

I dunno. I don't think they're gonna make a Planet Earth 2, because it already took 5 yrs to get this one made...and also a lot money and time. Not to mention all the regulations they had to go through to be able to film certain things. For example getting permission to film in those caves took a lot of time.

• 1 month later...

If you haven't seen it yet, you all really should check out the BBC documentary series "Planet Earth"

Even if you normally don't enjoy nature documentaries, some of the things they caught on film have to be seen to be believed.

Great white attacks seal. This scared the hell out of me the first time I saw it. Perhaps it's the super slo-mo they use, but that's one scary looking shark. :blink:

Planet Earth's trailer with Sigor Ros' Hoppipolaa as soundtrack.

Somehow that trailer always reminds me of the moment in Amélie Nothombs "‘Attentat" where Epifanius looks out the window of an airplane as it is flying above Siberia, and he sees the untouched landscape, and thinks to himself how beautiful the earth will be once humanity has dissapeared from it.

Another clip, just because I can. I could watch this stuff all day long. :laugh:

I loved the first one, "from pole to pole", because it set the tone for the entire series.

The one with the caves was amazing as well. Some of the images were otherworldy.

But really, it's hard to pick favorites in this series. Every episode was unique and brilliant, and had a few jaw-dropping moments.

And I usually don't like watching nature documentaries.