Bellazon

LAPTOP_FAN!!!!!!!!

Guest quasicartes

Guest quasicartes

My labtop's fan is dead...

Dunno, about 2 months ago, it's has stop functioning.

I suspect this may be due to some settings being messed up.

Been toying with the control panel settings for weeks and still couldn't fix it.

Have checked the all the manuals that come with the laptop, doesn't seem like there's something about the fan.

Anyone knows how to get it working again?

Guest quasicartes

There is this big fat ugly fan where you can put your laptop on. It's supposed to be so good at cooling things down that you can have your laptop switched on for like 8 hours?

Have anyone tried that yet?

But, due to its immense size, it's not very portable. <_<

Check the website of the manufacturer? They sometimes have FAQs ( if they're any good anyway, they do ). Also, email their support team and ask them what's up. That's the only way you'll find out for sure what's wrong and what needs to be replaced. If you have a warranty, then they'll probably ship the parts to you for free. ( depending upon the company once again ).

There is this big fat ugly fan where you can put your laptop on. It's supposed to be so good at cooling things down that you can have your laptop switched on for like 8 hours?

Have anyone tried that yet?

But, due to its immense size, it's not very portable. <_<

I have a cooling table under my laptop. The fans of my computer almost never starts, execpt when I do intensive utilisation like playing game or compressing vids. My laptop is running 24 hours a day and almost 7 days a week, I have no problem.

I point out the fact that I have a Mac.

I forgot to say that I don't use my cooling table when I am not at home. As u said, it's not very portable. Anyways, I think it's better to make ur computer repaired instead of buying such a cooling system. Not having emergency cooling fan is hazardous for ur laptop.

Guest quasicartes
well my fan went out on me quite a few times but the fan was bad they finally replaced it so its fine now....my laptop takes a lot to power it though because of its massive size so my fan runs constantly but i have two fans in mine.

You have your laptop fans modified? Cos those teeny weeny ones in your laptop took so little power.

I have a dell inspiron kicking around, and I use it to download torrents

I have that thing on 24/7, no under cooling pad, and it gets REALLY hot (they didnt perfect the cooling 3 years ago ;))

However, I have never had any problems with anything screwing up, so to say

It seems you just need a new fan, like everyone else is saying

• 4 weeks later...