Bellazon

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Thumbnail

Qball

220pxjuliald1805f6.jpg

Julia Scarlett Elizabeth Louis-Dreyfus (born January 13, 1961) is an American actress and comedian best known for her roles as Elaine Benes on the NBC sitcom Seinfeld and as Christine Campbell on the CBS sitcom The New Adventures of Old Christine.

She has won two Emmy Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards and a Golden Globe Award.

Louis-Dreyfus was a cast member on NBC's Saturday Night Live from 1982 to 1985. While on SNL, she met writer Larry David, who would later co-create Seinfeld. Louis-Dreyfus also appeared in a few sitcoms and films over the years, but is best known for her nine-season role as "Elaine Benes" on NBC's Seinfeld from 1990 to 1998, appearing in all but three episodes. On the "Notes About Nothing" featurette on the Season 1-2 DVD, Jerry Seinfeld notes that Louis-Dreyfus' ability to eat a peanut M&M without cracking the peanut aptly describes the actress: "She cracks you up without breaking your nuts".

After Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus began a new NBC sitcom, Watching Ellie, which was canceled after two abbreviated seasons. Louis-Dreyfus came to be seen as a victim of the "Seinfeld Curse", a term applied to typecast actors who, after appearing in an enormously popular television series or movie, have trouble finding popularity in other roles.

Her mid- to late-2000s series, The New Adventures of Old Christine, receives high ratings. Louis-Dreyfus won the Outstanding Actress Emmy Award for her work on the show's first season, exactly 10 years after her Seinfeld win. Referring to the curse, she stated in her acceptance speech, "I'm not somebody who really believes in curses, but curse this, baby!"

She had a recurring guest role as the deceitful prosecutor and love interest of Michael Bluth, Maggie Lizer, on Arrested Development. She has also appeared on The Simpsons, providing the voice for Snake's girlfriend Gloria on three episodes.

She returned to host Saturday Night Live on May 13, 2006, becoming the first female former cast member to return as host. (Gilda Radner was supposed to host in the 1987-88 season,[citation needed] season 13, but the 1988 Writers Guild of America strike cut the season short, and Radner died of ovarian cancer a year later.) Louis-Dreyfus appeared with former Seinfeld mates Jason Alexander and Jerry Seinfeld in the opening monologue, parodying the so-called "Seinfeld Curse". She mocked the curse once again while accepting her Emmy award in 2006. She has also appeared on Seinfeld co-creator Larry David's show Curb Your Enthusiasm, playing herself fictionally trying to break the "curse" by planning to star in a show in which she would play an actress affected by a Seinfeld-like curse. She has currently been nominated for all the show's seasons for Emmys, but has lost to Tina Fey for 30 Rock and America Ferrara for Ugly Betty.

On June 21, 2009, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced Louis-Dreyfus will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the upcoming year.

She will be appearing along with rest of the cast of Seinfeld on the seventh season premiere of Larry David's sitcom Curb Your Enthusiasm in the fall of 2009.

Julia had appeared on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Louis-Dreyfus

2700191922e0.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Julia Louis-Dreyfus Covers 'Redbook' March 2010

Julia Louis-Dreyfus heats up the cover of Redbook magazine’s March 2010 issue, on newsstands next Tuesday (February 23)!

Here’s what the 49-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On what makes her 20-year marriage work: “You’ve got to find the right fellow. It is kind of basic, but very crucial. Brad [Hall, her husband] and I certainly have similar goals and sensibilities; we’re on the same page in terms of how we want to raise our children and what we like to do. We’re always trying new things together — having adventures is a great way to be with your partner….We travel a lot. A couple of years ago, we went river rafting in Chile. It was unbelievably exciting.”

On the one thing that gives her an instant laugh: “Um…it would have to be a fart. I’m not an intellectual.”

On balancing motherhood and career: “Yeah, the working-mom thing is definitely tricky. Guilt is a bitch. It’s so useless as an emotion, for me anyway. It clouds things, I’m not saying people shouldn’t feel guilty, but for me, it makes certain decision-making more difficult. And I have felt guilty. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t made a lot of movies. Network television is a full-time job, but it’s manageable.

post-19430-1266438868_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Julia Louis-Dreyfus: 'Veep' Star & Producer

Julia Louis-Dreyfus has sealed the deal to star in the upcoming comedy series Veep.

On the HBO show, the 49-year-old actress will play the main character, former Senator Selina Meyer, who becomes vice president, according to Deadline.

Julia, who most recently starred in the CBS comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine, will also be a producer on her new show.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...