Bellazon

09 VMAs General Discussion

Joe > Average

I'm not much of a Kanye fan as a personality (though I don't hate him, moreso indifferent). Do I think what he did sucks? Yes. Do I think he's the new Chris Brown? Hell no :blink: :idk: . However, that's not the issue. Here at Bellazon of course the same rules apply for celebs and musicians as models in regards to bashing. I didn't know Kanye had a thread, but then again I don't darken the "door" of the Male Musician forum in general :laugh: :ninja: . But after seeing the influx of traffic I noticed that the thread was started 2 years ago and had about 1 page before this :| ...And now most of the posters never darkened the door of the thread before. So since the angry mob has now so far exceeded the actual contributors, I felt the need to leave the thread for what it was made for, what all Bellazon threads are made for: mostly contributors with the occassional spectator/"critics" not a hate club. Few as they may be, I don't think its fair to the actual contributors. The Joanna Kruppa thread is not the angry, vulgar blonde chick thread, the Naomi Campbell thread is not the "House of Flying Phones" and the Kanye thread will not be the chubby jawed monster of the VMAs :/ .

So to allow all to get things off their chest (within the confines of the rules of course) while the thing is fresh, since it has a life of its own independent of the mandates of what someone's thread is supposed to be, I gave it its own for the time being. What will become of it in the future? I don't know. Willl there be enough contributors for it to be merged back and not be the focus of the thread? Maybe. Will it just get deleted once the issue dies? Maybe. Will it just be merged to the Chat Thread? Probably. But anyway, here you go :flower: .

from what ive observed from his outbursts in the past...

-=though i have to admit i loved him for, and agreed with him 1000% when he said that Pres. Bush didnt like black people=-

he seems to have impulse control issues

which is usually linked to manic-depression.

perhaps if we kidnap him and stuff him full to bursting with lithium, hell shut his friggin mouth

aand my love Obama calling Kanye a jackass is Priceless, but of course with the right wing trying to crucify him, theyve of course started controversy over him making that statement :cain:

i don't think kanye is so wrong.

the problem with awards ceremony like mtv award is the public choose the winners...

and more you attract teenagers, more you can win... the problem with teenagers they haven't a life as busy as adults persons...

they haven't work, they haven't kids so they can spend all their free time on mtv's website and vote thousands time for their favourite artists...

sometimes i talked with tokio hotel's fans and when they boys were in a competition the fans could spend 5 or 6 hours everyday on the awards' website. they could vote 700 times every day...

if the public couldn't make massive votes maybe taylor swift didn' t won her award... but nobody know...

So what?

She WON that is what matters. Kayne had NO right to get up there and say that.

Taylor is still a very young artist...she can get better with age.

I would have voted for Taylor and I'm 23. You argument makes no sense to me. She is a sweet and vibrant young girl and I am happy for her.

the problem with awards ceremony like mtv award is the public choose the winners...

and more you attract teenagers, more you can win... the problem with teenagers they haven't a life as busy as adults persons...

they haven't work, they haven't kids so they can spend all their free time on mtv's website and vote thousands time for their favourite artists...

sometimes i talked with tokio hotel's fans and when they boys were in a competition the fans could spend 5 or 6 hours everyday on the awards' website. they could vote 700 times every day...

if the public couldn't make massive votes maybe taylor swift didn' t won her award... but nobody know...

And? That doesn't mean you are entitled to voice your opinion like that. There is a time and place for that kind of thing.

@Penny

I agree. :rofl: @ Obama :rofl: though he thought it was off camera, still was nice to hear :ninja: . I think the problem with Kanye is probably since his mother died he started to become more of a serious drinker and as a result what was before an outpspoken rebel is now an annoying douchebag :/ . He needs to get checked into rehab and counceling ASAP :yes: .

And? That doesn't mean you are entitled to voice your opinion like that. There is a time and place for that kind of thing.

I said he was not « so wrong », i never said « he is totally right » and to say the true if i worked for his label i should be very very very angry against him. I could spend an hour to insult him on the phone, tell him he is stupid and he doesn’t think about the consequences. <_<

This accident attract attention on him, people will try to listen his music, discovered his work but the majority won’t buy his album but will listen music on youtube or myspace

But he will lose more than he will win...

And in same time Taylor Swift will win popularity.

he will sell less CD, less show tickets (ok, this is not really label’s problem…), he could lose his contracts (example : Vuitton) and maybe radios, tv shows will refuse to invite him to make his promotion and it could be a really big problem for the label because it will be hard to sell albums If he can’t make his promotion...

But Kanye is producer and like many and many producer he thinks he knows everything about music… he is a bit narcissistic and violent when he talks… producers are adorable persons but they are always a bit “bitchy”, arrogant.

They are totally different of normal people. For example when Michael Jackson is dead everybody didn’t stop talked about it the biggest part of producers didn’t take care of his death and didn’t respect him as an artist. (the one was Steve Thompson (Madonna’s, Korn’s, Simple Plan’s, Metallica’s, Red Hot Chili Peppers’, etc etc etc’s producer )

With them it’s like “I’m an amazing musician, I’m a great business man and i produce (sometimes) shitty bands and I win money with it.

They aren’t public persons so they can critic without problem… but producers like kanye west or jay-z can’t do the same.

And I think Kayne West couldn’t critic the MVT awards‘ vote. unfortunately there is no place and no time to do it... if he isn’t agree with Taylor Swift’s award he couldn’t be agree with his own awards too because it’s always the same kind of vote and i'm not sure he could be agree to "reject" his awards. now he is blocked and the only thing he can say is “oh I really LOVE beyonce’s video clip… “

He is in a bad situation... :ninja:

What Kanye did was completely wrong. This dude needs to grow up and learn what respect is. Every artist should have respect for each and what they do. Kanye has no respect for anyone but himself. I don't care if he did for attention or because he has a drinking problem excuses excuses excuses. He needs to grow and start treating people with respect. Everyone has their bad moments but this is not the first time he has done this and i really doubt it will be his last. I no longer like this guy. I really hope this hurts his career because he deserves it. I said my peace :jimmy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...