robecca romijn

megan ewing

angie everheart

tori praver

jarah mariano

Kimora lee simmons

angelina jolie

chanel iman

you guys are a bunch of racists on this board but no one has any to admit it... either that or you just don't think ethnic black women are beautiful...but apparently you dont like blondes either.

beautiful american women....

tyra banks

janice dickinson

marissa miller

jessica white

carolyn murphy

robecca romijn

megan ewing

angie everheart

tori praver

jarah mariano

Kimora lee simmons

angelina jolie

chanel iman

you guys are a bunch of racists on this board but no one has any to admit it... either that or you just don't think ethnic black women are beautiful...but apparently you dont like blondes either.

I´m afraid you see mice where even holes are missing :o but I totally agree with you that those black or asian girls deserve much more respect and admire than they get :( Gong Li, Zhang Ziyi, Oluchi and lyia (hope it´s written good), and there are much more awesome women, not "white" but I myself especially adore asian :heart:

Rouge Red seems to have a hard time accepting the fact that international beauty standards are set by American Women, He hates the fact that the most famous beautiful woman in the world is the All American Girl, he can't stand the fact that women over the world change their appearance to appear more like the beautiful American women they see on television everything, he's just a hater, and still didn't give a valid reason as to why the U.S has won Miss Universe more times than any other country has won any other pageant's , hes just a typical anti-American hater! Typical, Don't be jealous Rouge, you're going to pump my gas someday! :gocho:

First off, if you had bothered to check her profile, you would have noticed that Rouge is a girl. Secondly, I very much doubt she will ever be pumping your gass. Thirdly, your fixation upon the American beauty ideal is quite myopic. There are beautiful women all over the world, of all races and demographics. If you choose to believe that one type is the universal ideal, than that is your business. However, don't try to sell your opinion as a universal truth. Miss world isn't the only measuring stick of beauty, as much as you'd like to think it is.

A friendly piece of advice: watch your attitude, you won't make much friends on here with that extremely condescending tone of yours.

Well, beauty pageants in general seem to attract large number of young women with questionable aspirations.

Sch as? I'd love to hear how you know what their "questionable aspirations" are.

Are you seriously going to deny that most contestants see the pageant as a springboard to fame? And the fact that they view fame and celebrity as the goal itself, and not as a side-product of being successfull at something else?

But please, tell me about all the contestants who entered beauty pageants for a more noble goal than to achieve some degree of fame... :cain:

Rouge Red seems to have a hard time accepting the fact that international beauty standards are set by American Women, He hates the fact that the most famous beautiful woman in the world is the All American Girl, he can't stand the fact that women over the world change their appearance to appear more like the beautiful American women they see on television everything, he's just a hater, and still didn't give a valid reason as to why the U.S has won Miss Universe more times than any other country has won any other pageant's , hes just a typical anti-American hater! Typical, Don't be jealous Rouge, you're going to pump my gas someday! :gocho:

First off, if you had bothered to check her profile, you would have noticed that Rouge is a girl. Secondly, I very much doubt she will ever be pumping your gass. Thirdly, your fixation upon the American beauty ideal is quite myopic. There are beautiful women all over the world, of all races and demographics. If you choose to believe that one type is the universal ideal, than that is your business. However, don't try to sell your opinion as a universal truth. Miss world isn't the only measuring stick of beauty, as much as you'd like to think it is.

A friendly piece of advice: watch your attitude, you won't make much friends on here with that extremely condescending tone of yours.

I'll quote only this post, but I agree with all of them.

I love you Hervé, and i would rather pump your gass than anyone else's,

:hug:

So have you said anything intelligent or anything with credibility? Not in the slightest.

I could ask you the same question. But what do I know, sitting in my chair in Belgium, right?

Well, as soon as I start making negative judgements of people I know little about and parading my ignorance around, I'll welcome the question.

Are you seriously going to deny that most contestants see the pageant as a springboard to fame? And the fact that they view fame and celebrity as the goal itself, and not as a side-product of being successfull at something else?

But please, tell me about all the contestants who entered beauty pageants for a more noble goal than to achieve some degree of fame... :cain:

What I'm going to deny is that I KNOW or YOU KNOW what their aims truly are. But if you can read minds, then please let me know so I can correct myself. But until then, I'm just going to say that if fame is their goal, then...

#1 That doesn't make them much different than thousands, if not millions, of people out there

#2 There are goals far less noble than wanting to be famous, so criticizing someone for that is rather lame

#3 The official cause of Miss Universe is the fight against HIV/AIDS, and she also acts as a goodwill ambassador around the world, so on the outside, a contestants goals ARE noble, but you clearly didn't know that because you have no idea what you're talking about

#4 If they want to be famous, then they're taking a pretty ineffective way of getting there since pageant winners never become better known than top actors or musicians, so that seriously leads me to doubt that their end goal is simply fame

#5 What fame and celebrity that comes from winning a pageant is a side product of being talented in the realm of pageantry, which includes peak physical appearance (by pageantry standards), self-presentation on stage, and personality--which makes it at least distantly related to modeling

So was there anything else you would like to add so I can beat that down, too? Because I'm really enjoying this.

So was there anything else you would like to add so I can beat that down, too? Because I'm really enjoying this.

You think your ad hominem argument somehow proves your point?

I am trying to have an honest discussion here, but you don't provide much incentive for me to continue. I have better things to do with my time than being held up in some juvenile pissing contest.

Beat me down? Are you serious? Are you that far lacking in self-esteem that you have to resort to chest-thumping on an internet message board to feel good about yourself?

#1 That doesn't make them much different than thousands, if not millions, of people out there

#2 There are goals far less noble than wanting to be famous, so criticizing someone for that is rather lame

#3 The official cause of Miss Universe is the fight against HIV/AIDS, and she also acts as a goodwill ambassador around the world, so on the outside, a contestants goals ARE noble, but you clearly didn't know that because you have no idea what you're talking about

#4 If they want to be famous, then they're taking a pretty ineffective way of getting there since pageant winners never become better known than top actors or musicians, so that seriously leads me to doubt that their end goal is simply fame

#5 What fame and celebrity that comes from winning a pageant is a side product of being talented in the realm of pageantry, which includes peak physical appearance (by pageantry standards), self-presentation on stage, and personality--which makes it at least distantly related to modeling

Now allow me to address your 'points'...

#1 Which was the point I was trying to make. Thanks for agreeing with me.

#2 If you want to view fame as something worth to aspire to, then that is your right. As it is mine to view that pursuit as hollow and lacking in depth.

#3 Yes, I'm sure all those girls really want to save the children in Africa... :cain:

#4 That is precisely my point. Had you actually read my original post properly, you might have gotten that. They are after FAME itself because they lack the talent to become famous due to being successfull in another field. Like being a respected actress or singer.

#5 How many pageant winners had successfull modeling careers after their victory? I'm talking about high fashion modeling here, not some Miss who appeared in a few men's magazines. I can think only of Helena Christensen.

You try to press your opinion in everyone's minds.

Thanks for pointing that out: me taking an unbiased, rational view of pageantry versus the ignorant, negative assumptions of others concerning it means I'm pressing my opinions on their minds. I'm glad you were here to help me realize it!

I am trying to have an honest discussion here, but you don't provide much incentive for me to continue. I have better things to do with my time than being held up in some juvenile pissing contest.

Beat me down? Are you serious? Are you that far lacking in self-esteem that you have to resort to chest-thumping on an internet message board to feel good about yourself?

Assuming negative things about people, then insulting me, makes an honest discussion for you?

So I'm lacking in self-esteem, am I? Do you know me? Oh wait--I forgot: assuming the worst about people is what you get off to and it seems in the face of a superior argument you resort to cowardly insults like a child.

Now I'd respond to your other post about my various points, but it seems you didn't think before you started typing (proven by your point #1), so I'll let it go as a favor to you. I'll let you better spend your time appreciating the models starving themselves in between their unnamed noble efforts (that you so appreciate) and their modeling, which of course isn't shallow in the slightest, has real depth as an art, and requires far more talent than acting or singing, which is of course why they went into modeling instead.

Now if you want to respond again, please do better. You're putting me to sleep and it's not even 6pm. :sleep:

Ok people can we please get BACK ON TOPIC here, the thread is about the very competitive upcoming Miss USA beauty pageant. So here is a simply task , simply pick the girls based on the photos of who you think will compose the Top 5, mines is too come shortly! :)

who cares what their motives are for doing the pageant....it's not like models become models to research cancer medicine.

I mean it's a beauty pageant not a science knowldge pageant. Who care's if it's shallow to want to be famous...it's shallow to be sitting on here discussing models and their flaws or creating sets and stuff about them. Tell me where is the unknown cancer researcher board or pics?...please

But he is right...the american idea of beauty is what the media (anyways strives for).....they are the head of all the pageants and also the head of most modeling agencies and HOLLYWOOD....their was hardly any modeling before america. If you want to become famous you have to adhear to those standards....perfect teeth, smoothe moveable hair, thin, simple nose, big eyes. Although lately the media has been focusing on the white version of african american beauty....white features with a slightly curvy african american body. This is not his opinion this the media's opinion in general....thats the un spoken rules of the entertainment industry. At least Hollywood anyways. In bollywood and french foreign films it's different....but people aspire to be well known internationaly which is cracking the hollywood market...and you have to adhear to the standards. Look at Aishwara Ray (sp)....she is not very east indian looking...she is like americanized east indian and she is the only well known bollywood'er.

their is plenty of working african american and asian models right now....so that is no excuse. You don't have to do everything the industry promotes i.e. impossibly skinny lifeless women...what kind of "beauty" is that? Well you guys seem to eat it up but no one says you have to support these girls yet you still do. You still have freedom of choice and freedom to pressure the industy into better standards and freedom to support the actually beautiful women working. Sadly i think most people havea narrow view of whats beautiful especially people who watch pageants ....and people in the modeling industry have a warped view of whats elegant and beautiful (as judgeing by who they cast). All the casting directors are gay men (why would they want feminine women?) and Ana wintour types (whack jobes). So no wonder the models are so strange.

yes i do have a warped view of beauty i'm not going to deny it....my standards are impossibly high but i dont like to admire "semi beauties" because i see it as pointless...i can see semi beauties in my every life. These girls to me are "semi beauties"....most of them anyways. I like verstaility, moderness yet timeless and impossible body and facial measurements

some of you act like your so riteous sitting on here posting about non other then MODELS.

at least i can admit i'm vain.

However this is a no win argument....and i can't wait to see who wins...if its a standard beauty or one of the more original ones. These photo's are also impossibly air brushed.

Ahhh yah like modeling is so hard....like acting, or training to be a dancer or training your voice. PLease it's one of the easiest jobs if you discount the harsh critism.