• Announcements

• maddog107

Bellazon has a Twitter, Instagram and more!   03/08/2016

Everyone Bellazon has new social media accounts!! Go ahead and give it a follow    https://www.instagram.com/bellazondotcom/ https://twitter.com/bellazondotcom https://www.facebook.com/Bellazondotcom/   Let us know what you think here:        
PinkCouture

Designer Name Prounounciation

50 posts in this topic

Perhaps I am just a dumbass, but there are some designer's name I am not sure how to pronounce :ninja: I am hoping the fashionistos/tas of BZ can help me out. Thanks!!! :flower:

First one: Lacoste (is there an accent on the "e"?)

Thank you so much ladies!!! :flower:

Ok how about these:

Christian Lacroix (accentuated accent on the "cr" or not?)

Azzedine Alaia

I think you'll have to add the 'r' too... I pronounce it "La-cruà" (hope it made sense!)

I think you'll have to add the 'r' too... I pronounce it "La-cruà" (hope it made sense!)

Yeah, I think you're right :)

^yes!!

cost like in 'how much does it cost' for example

Really?

I've pronounced the "e" like Chloe til now and every Koreans have called like that :o

Yes it does...thanks!!! :flower:

It is tough b/c different languages pronounce things differently based on their own pronunciation guide :/

it's ok, remember in "The Devil Wears Prada" how Andy was asking a guy on the phone how to spell Gabbana? :D

^Yes...hahaha...It was a very memorable scene :hehe: Actually with Italian and Spanish names I have less problems pronouncing b/c I took Spanish for 3 years, and in undergrad uni. we had to watch documentaries in Italian with English subtitles <_< Also, to me Spanish and Italian have very similar words :)

All this time I've been saying it wrong <_<

great thread :)

i have a ques too! marithe and francois girbaud. how to pronounce the last name?

Gir - not like in "girl", soft "j" like the ZH in "Zhenya volodina"

baud - like the bo in bottle

:p

It is tough b/c different languages pronounce things differently based on their own pronunciation guide :/

Apparently if you are a real fashionista you have to pronounce the name of the brand according to it's country of origin's pronunciation guide but i've never heard a foreigner pronouncing Vuitton or Chanel (to name a few) right :p

Apparently if you are a real fashionista you have to pronounce the name of the brand according to it's country of origin's pronunciation guide but i've never heard a foreigner pronouncing Vuitton or Chanel (to name a few) right :p

So how do you pronounce Vuitton and Chanel? :p

I pronouce it Vi-t-on (it has a quick "on," right???) and Shan-nelle (Shan like "Sean" or "Shaun" and nelle like the magazine except w/ a "n" in front)

I hate how some people mispronounce "Lauren" <_< It doesn't have an accent!!!

How about Yves Saint Laurent? I've heard heaps of different pronunciations. So I don't exactly know the right one.