Bellazon

What do you think VS has to do in order to improve their ratings?

ninanina19

oh please...drop it...it´s getting really annoying :/ we´re talking about the same nonsense all the time :/ it´s all about taste!! E.g. I don´t like Natasha at all cuz I think she´s just a bunch of bones with pretty face which looks like squirell sometimes...but other people love her, admire her, and that´s ok, that´s how it should be! The same with Karolina and Adriana, and many of the girls and Straw, frankly, I hate Naomi Campbell :ninja: maybe it´s just because of her behaviour, dunno, maybe I just can´t get her appeal, eventhough how great supermodel she is. Some people think the same about Gisele, who´s my goddess, or Alessandra, or any girl I adore...it´s just...a matter of taste..again...

maybe it IS the problem with girls, maybe it´s just a matter of how it goes, like someone mentioned before... one way or another, I love VS shows cos they´re something special, and I will watch it for sure no matter what you say.

and SBM, I agree with you in some things,and I think I´ve got your point in here, but you should think about your taste it´s not the ultimate-right one. Only blind people can call them ugly. They might not be all perfect-beauty, or awesome...they can be average and nothing special...but not ugly.

they are broadcasting the show again for the third time this year on Belgian national tv,so i really think that they should start focusing on different continents because it's pretty new to us so i think they would sell allot and have good ratings :)

i think that absurdly hot English Lace ad is a pretty clear indication of what's changed at VS.

look at the models:

Karen Mulder (d.o.b -- July 1, 1970)

Daniela Pestova (d.o.b -- October 14, 1970)

Helena Christensen (d.o.b -- December 25, 1968)

Tyra Banks (d.o.b -- December 4, 1973)

Stephanie Seymoure (d.o.b -- July 23, 1968)

SO, given that the ad was 9 years ago, in spring 1998... it would mean that the models' ages were:

Karen, 27. Daniela, 27. Helena, 29. Tyra, 24. Stephanie, 29.

And who has been their biggest draw since then? Arguably, it remained Tyra or Heidi Klum (June 1, 1973).

compare those ages to the girls in VS right now and i think we have our answer: the general public finds WOMEN sexy, much much moreso than YOUNG GIRLS. seeing someone like Rosie Huntington-whatever or Stam, or Miranda etc etc walking down the runway in lingerie -- it just isn't sexy, because we know that these girls aren't old enough to have had some truly great sexual experiences. women reach their sexual maturity peak at age 35, NOT 18. plus, alot of 18-year-olds have tight little bodies. it's more unique to see a woman who's 25+ looking sexy and spectacular in her lingerie. she's had more life experience, she's older, she can maybe teach you a thing or two. it's the Mrs. Robinson thing.

i think that absurdly hot English Lace ad is a pretty clear indication of what's changed at VS.

look at the models:

Karen Mulder (d.o.b -- July 1, 1970)

Daniela Pestova (d.o.b -- October 14, 1970)

Helena Christensen (d.o.b -- December 25, 1968)

Tyra Banks (d.o.b -- December 4, 1973)

Stephanie Seymoure (d.o.b -- July 23, 1968)

SO, given that the ad was 9 years ago, in spring 1998... it would mean that the models' ages were:

Karen, 27. Daniela, 27. Helena, 29. Tyra, 24. Stephanie, 29.

And who has been their biggest draw since then? Arguably, it remained Tyra or Heidi Klum (June 1, 1973).

compare those ages to the girls in VS right now and i think we have our answer: the general public finds WOMEN sexy, much much moreso than YOUNG GIRLS. seeing someone like Rosie Huntington-whatever or Stam, or Miranda etc etc walking down the runway in lingerie -- it just isn't sexy, because we know that these girls aren't old enough to have had some truly great sexual experiences. women reach their sexual maturity peak at age 35, NOT 18. plus, alot of 18-year-olds have tight little bodies. it's more unique to see a woman who's 25+ looking sexy and spectacular in her lingerie. she's had more life experience, she's older, she can maybe teach you a thing or two. it's the Mrs. Robinson thing.

I :heart: you to HappyC!

And as for women 25+ looking sexy I disagree. A woman's metabolism starts to slow down at 30 so maybe seeing women 35+ with fabulous bodies is unique. Most girls' bodies don't get worse from 18-26. They get better actually. 26 is quite young.