Bellazon

What do you think VS has to do in order to improve their ratings?

ninanina19

Eventough TV ratings fall,their sales always increase.VS making more profit now

.There is lots of options on TV and VS is not a huge deal now when they are in late 90s(idea of the fantasy bra,first online fashion show etc) and start of 2000.In 2001 show(they got the best ratings) it was such a big deal because they were going to back to NY again.They always used ''it'' girls,in 2001 there was Maggie Rizer,Alek Wek,Karen Elson and Audrey Marnay.I don't think its anything to do with girls.Its just about people have more option and idea doesn't sound interesting or captivating as they sound before!Also all the angels doing a good job on sales and marketing ,VS sales increased so I don'T think that they mind it that much.

But of course I definetly don't want to see the half of the models which appear last year;Like Ajuma,Jeisa,Elise,Andi,Heather M,Caroline Winberg etc...I would like to see Naomi,Isabeli,Fernanda,Carmen Kass again!They are adding so much energy to the show unlike the models who I listed above!

agree with that all :)
VS will always sell lots of lingerie and stuff...but when they make a show that big an no one watchs it...they lose money big time! Since VS now owns lezenza they are making even more money now though.

I assure you lots of people will still watch it, even just for the case they will have been able to say "Damn, it was awful, it´s gettin worse every year, and look at those girls, how ugly they were!! Not like the REAL women, you know!!" et cetera et cetera et cetera... :laugh:

models aren't supposed to be "normal" they are supposed to be exceptional and exagerated....incredibly long legs, big perfect lips, big cat eyes, slightly manish jaw line, big breats compared to their waist, and tiny waists compare to their hip, and small hips compared to their height. Most of these models just look like normal tall skinny girls.
Not everyone got your taste, one man´s wine is other man´s poison, if there would be just models how YOU described them...damn, for me it would be HELL boring. I love how there´s a variety of girls - if VS is doing fashion for people, then there EVERY kind of woman should find herself in one of those girls. How many woman do you know that look like you´ve described "models" ?? For me - no one. Let there be every kind of woman, so people can choose.
Also, guys don't want to look at "cute" girls. It's all about the raw sex appeal, and models like Jeisa, Hana, Rosie don't cut it. Yes these woman are pretty, but there's nothing about them that remotely screams SEX, or makes someone think naughty thoughts. VS needs to take a few ques from Playboy and less from French Vogue.

I agree with you but...damn...NO playboy :o :o it´s the best way how to make VS look cheap and disgusting :yucky: yeah, workers would surely watch it, but I don´t think any normal woman would buy it :no:

Also, bring a host back, play better music, stop with the HUGE FUCKING HAIR! Sleeker hair = better , show more backstage footage like in the 2002, the 2002 production was awesome..... and lastly.. better themes. Perfect phrase for VS to live by is less is more
agree again...BUT again... :D sleek hair - boring, Huge hair - goddes -that is what it means to me... but it´s because I love huge hair :) Sleek hair is great only on asian women - there I adore it much :heart:
p.s. strawberry, Heidi's breasts are most certainly NOT fake. i don't know how you can possibly think that. look at them shaking! they're REAL. seriously.

second that!!!!

Heidi's breasts are real! :p

Well Of course we want sexy models back!Like Eva Herzigova,Laitita Casta,Karen Mulder,Stephanie Seymour,Tyra,Heidi etc....At past I always admired vs to found the hottest models like 99:Gisele and Adriana ,2000:Alessandra,KK and Oluchi than Ana Beatriz.But starting from 2003 they are not making a great job!Anyway If you look at starting 2005 you ll see VS not considered as cheap as it used be by the high fashion world.All of a sudden appearing on a vs catalog not makes model commercial etc.The reason of it , vs used high fashion girls on their catalogs and shows.I can even say its even respected now..

Plus its also I think relevant to censor in US.I remember ale's small g string in 2000 show and they show it ,also for the 2001 show and than they are starting not to show girls back and lingerie becoming clothes etc...So it not vs fault at all.

Show is the biggest promotion vs did the whole year and their target is to sell their items.As I said before its not that interesting anymore so they increase the pr events which is doing by angels.I mean there is always pr events put if you look at it last 2 years VS doing it soo much.And the Angels they are selling!Gisele,Alessandra,Adirana,KK all are very huge in their markets and they are selling products!Tha t girls may not be most beautiful or have best bodiy girls for some of you but they are ability to sell the product unlike other models.Thats why vs uses them soo much and pay so much money to them.So To me they are making pr events to get the attention which they couldn't catch on the fashion show.

I think we can all safely agree that the current formula VS is using isn't working.

Perhaps it's the choice of models they are using (DING DING DING and we have a winner),

or the outfits, or perhaps people are just burnt out on seeing the same shit over and over, either way the era of the "supermodel" is over, and VS will soon follow if things don't change soon.

Recently I watched the 2005-2006 shows with my husband, several of his friends, my brother and his GF, and they all basically said the same thing..

"wtf .. I thought VS was about curves, T & A.... why is she in the show?! (in regards to Hana, Natasha, Morgaine *ect) or... "Didn't we see this last year? .. something original please?"

Then last night we watched the 2002-2003 show and many of them said the same things "Wow, she's hot.. Omg, that's such an awesome outfit, or... Damn.. look at the ass on that one, or in my brother's case... *Yeah I'd do her!*"

In the last two years VS as an overall has taken a nose dive. The catalogue pictures are horrendous, the girls are looking too

air-burshed, the commercials suck ass... What ever happened to stuff like Angels in Venice?!! , that was awe inspiring and worth watching!... the fashion shows have fallen flat and are lacking something, and even the craftsmanship of the bras/bikinis/clothing is second rate at best now.

If they are going to get skinny girls they might aswell get really exceptional ones like anja, gisele, michella cruz....like stunning beauties small breasted or not they are still drop dead gorgeous with gorgeous bodies. I wanna see vairety...asian girls, curvy black women, red heads, dark brazilian types, short hair, short girls....all those different things but way beyond averagely gorgeous....just stunning but they have to be able to walk good...work it like hot ass girls....without losing their composer ie. doutzen adriana, selita.

THIS was all I was speaking about... :D I think we missunderstood each other :)

Natasha was the best thing about last year's show and y'all want to get rid of her because Bob in Kansas wants a curvier girl? The show is fine. I mean, it has reached it's peak in terms of audience but that's not due to a slip in quality, it's just the way things go, sign o' the times and all that.

.. and that LOTS of people think they're absolutely GORGEOUS

yours is just one opinion... :cain:

That's because 90% of Americans think anyone with big hair, five tons of makeup, and skimy clothes is hot. Have you seen the girls at the Miss America pageant? None of those girls with the exception of a handful are anything special without all that makeup. Even the hotter girls like Ale and Miranda Kerr look really like hot girls on the streets. Ana BB is gorgeous and there are a few others that stand out but really none of those girls are striking. They might as well save money and get normal tall thin girls off the street. Instead of paying Jessica stam 6 figures to do the show.

I agree with SBM. Like for example different clothes look good on different girls. Also going offtopic a bit even in high fashion. Some clothes look better on curvy women. We're not talking like some huge monster, we're talking curvy like Tyra back in the day. I'm sure there are def. elegant and sophisticated size 6s or size 8s. I know the sample sizes are size 0 but size 0 isn't that skinny!!! Size 0 is maybe like Caroline T and Lily Cole. And they're not anorexic. But going back to VS. More variety, more sex appeal. For the pink section they should have models like Miranda Kerr that guys find hot, but girls think are cute. For the constumes, they should do male fantasies. I know they did schoolgirls this time but seriously having some skinny girl carrying a blanket down the runway isn't what guys drool over. Have them do superhero costumes and have some of the models dress like catwoman or some other sexy heros, I'm not that creative when it comes to thinking up costume lingerie but you get the idea. Also have the models wear more solid colors. A lot of the girls look bad when you put all these wacky colors on them. Most of the models actually look best backstage. I want more outfits like the one Doutzen wore at the VS fashion show 2005. The red one. I'm also annoyed at how VS claims theylook for curvy girls when they cast. All they do is pick the top 20 girls on the fashion scene. Also more black models, they just strut better than the white girls. Just more variety like was said before. I hope they don't cancel the show!!!

ninanina19 said:
layback said:
.. and that LOTS of people think they're absolutely GORGEOUS

yours is just one opinion... :cain:

That's because 90% of Americans think anyone with big hair, five tons of makeup, and skimy clothes is hot. Have you seen the girls at the Miss America pageant? None of those girls with the exception of a handful are anything special without all that makeup. Even the hotter girls like Ale and Miranda Kerr look really like hot girls on the streets. Ana BB is gorgeous and there are a few others that stand out but really none of those girls are striking. They might as well save money and get normal tall thin girls off the street. Instead of paying Jessica stam 6 figures to do the show.

:/