Bellazon

Fall Out Boy
Thumbnail

469pxfalloutboypromoxt5.jpg

Fall Out Boy are a Pop Punk band from Wilmette, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago, Illinois) that formed in 2001. The band consists of Patrick Stump (lead vocals, guitar), Pete Wentz (bass, backup vocalist, and primary lyricist), Joe Trohman (lead guitar), and Andy Hurley (drums).

2002–2004:The Beginning

The band released a Split EP with Project Rocket in 2002 on Uprising Records. The band then released their debut album Fall Out Boy's Evening Out With Your Girlfriend, on Uprising Records in 2003.During this period Fall Out Boy built a following playing in Chicago and surrounding suburbs. The Knights of Columbus Hall was the site of many early Fall Out Boy shows. Their video for "Dead on Arrival" was shot there, which also served as a site for several "secret shows".

Drummer Andy Hurley joined the band after Fall Out Boy's Evening Out With Your Girlfriend was released. The same year they released their second full-length album, Take This to Your Grave, on Fueled by Ramen, with singles such as "Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy" and "Saturday" receiving airplay on FUSE and mtvU. The album achieved Gold status, though only after the success of their next album. They are also featured on Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault , a tribute album to the band Jawbreaker, covering Save Your Generation. In 2003, the band signed with Island Records. They released the acoustic EP My Heart Will Always Be the B-Side to My Tongue on Fueled by Ramen, which included a DVD, in 2004.

2005–2006: Commercial beginnings (From Under the Cork Tree)

In 2005, the band's stability was threatened when Wentz overdosed on the sedative Ativan in a suicide attempt. He told Rolling Stone that he has a fascination with the suicides of Elliott Smith and Ian Curtis and was quoted saying "It's so hard to think about and understand. I'm not making an argument for being a disturbed genius; I was a confused kid. I felt like I was Pete Wentz for everybody else, and I didn't have Pete Wentz to turn to." The song "7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen)" from their album From Under the Cork Tree, is based upon Wentz's attempted suicide.

On May 3, 2005, Fall Out Boy released their major label debut and third full-length album, From Under the Cork Tree,[1] which debuted on the Billboard 200 at #9, selling over 70,000 copies in its first week, and soon thereafter achieving Double Platinum status. Their first single, "Sugar We're Goin' Down," peaked at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100" and reached #1 on MTV's TRL, where the video was retired. The video also won the MTV2 Award at the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards. The band was nominated for "Best New Artist" at the 2006 Grammy Awards.

Fall Out Boy has toured with multiple bands, including Taking Back Sunday, Less Than Jake, blink-182, Panic! at the Disco, Midtown, Hawthorne Heights, The All-American Rejects, The Academy Is..., The Hush Sound, October Fall, and From First to Last.

2007: Infinity on High

Fall Out Boy's latest album is titled Infinity on High, and was released on February 6, 2007. The lead single, titled "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race", debuted at the 2006 American Music Awards. The video debuted on MTV Tuesday, December 19, 2006. They have also collaborated with producer Timbaland for his new album Timbaland Presents Shock Value.

In the album's opening week, Infinity On High reached number 1 on the Billboard 200, selling 260,000 copies.

"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" peaked at number 2 on the UK Singles Chart on 4th February 2007, making it their most successful song in the UK to date. This was after the single entered the US Hot 100 at number 2 and the US Pop 100 at number 1.

Fall Out Boy will be headlining the Honda Civic Tour along with bands and performers such as, +44, The Academy Is..., Paul Wall and Cobra Starship. The tour kicks off on 4/18/07 and ends on 6/11/07. The band is promoting their new album on this tour. Fall Out Boy also appeared on Last Call with Carson Daly on Wednesday, February 20, 2007

Fall Out Boy has been confirmed as one of the acts playing in the Live Earth concerts on July 7th 2007.

Trivia

The name "Fall Out Boy" was chosen when the band asked the crowd in their second show what their name should be and an audience member shouted out "Fallout Boy,"[citation needed] the name of superhero Radioactive Man's sidekick on the animated TV show The Simpsons. The band was unaware of the Simpsons reference until later. When the creators of the Simpsons found out about Fall Out Boy's name, the band feared that they would be sued; however, no legal action about the name has ever been taken.

Dolls were created in the likeness of the four members.

The song title 'Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner' is a line from the movie Dirty Dancing.

The title of the band's second studio album "From Under the Cork Tree" is a phrase taken from the popular children's book The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf.

2007 will mark the first time Fall Out Boy will have toured Australia.

They have played secret shows under the name of Saved Latin.

On Presidents Day 2007 (2-19-2007) They appeared for a performance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show

They recorded a Christmas track entitled "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" on Santa Cause - It's A Punk Rock Christmas.

Source:Wikipedia

• 1 month later...

stupid 12 YO FOB groupies make me hate them.

they go- "ho gosh Pete is sooo hawt" and stuff like that- hello, there's no such thing as a one man band. :persuazn: I'm gonna be shallow as the groupies for the next 5 secs and judging only by look I think Pete is the closest to "disgusting" :ninja: the jewish guy is cute, Andy's a good drummer, I like Patrick's voice I think he's the cutest of all the members if he'll lose weight it will much more clear who's the best looking :laugh: except that I think this is a great band, I love most of their songs...is it true that Pete is the lyricist? good job then plus the kid knows how to play the bass. I just don't like his personality, especialy when you put Pete next to Patrick who's shy and humble guy, Pete is just a total showoff. :idk: