Bellazon

Sean O'pry
Thumbnail

persuazn

• 2 weeks later...

He's trying to get into acting?

Sean O'Pry: Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space' Beau Reveals 'Fifty Shades' Audition

Taylor Swift had fans going crazy with her new "Blank Space" music video on Monday.

And in the video, the "1989" superstar went a little (OK, a lot!) crazy herself over her music video beau, played by handsome model Sean O'Pry.

As it turns out, Sean almost drove a different legion of fans crazy –"Fifty Shades" fanatics!

"I read for it," Sean revealed, when asked if he was one of the many models who auditioned for the role of Christian Grey in the upcoming film adaptation of E L James' racy novel "Fifty Shades of Grey."

Clearly boasting the physical appearance to fill Christian Grey's designer duds, where did it go wrong?

"I think it was more the acting ability at the time," Sean admitted with a smile. "Congrats to Jamie [Dornan] though. I mean, Jamie's so nice… it was cool to read [for] it."

The red room of pain may not have been in his future at the time, but little did he know he'd soon be on the receiving end of some other relationship agony at the hands of Taylor.

And as for those acting chops, Sean said he's currently putting a lot of hard work into his craft.

"For the last year, I've been doing serious studies, so it's quite cool," he explained. "Right now, I'm just studying. Not reading anything or going out on anything – I'm just trying to get better."

post-20251-0-1446061451-9329_thumb.jpg

Sean, the Video Star Vanity Fair connects with model Sean O'Pry to talk about his role in Taylor Swift’s new music video for Blank Space. Working with Swift on the video shoot, which took place in upstate New York, O’Pry discusses working with the popular singer, “She deserves to be in the place she is. The way she handles things, the way she does things . . . She’s gorgeous, obviously. And very, very talented. When you bring [director] Joseph [Kahn] into the project, it was a winning idea right off the bat with those two.” 

Talking to the lifestyle magazine, O’Pry unveils his acting aspirations, “I’m in school for acting . . . I want to be well-accepted as an actor, not just [as] a prop. I’m studying to actually have a career and longevity and not just be “that guy.” I think that’s very needed to be taken seriously. [The music video] is definitely not a step in the wrong direction. Doing this video really motivated me further.” Read more at Vanityfair.com.

thefashionisto.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...