Bellazon

Barbie, A Bad Role Model For Children?

Compassionate_Conservative

Barbie, A Bad Role Model For Children?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should an overweight Barbie be produced by Mattel?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think Barbie is a bad role model for children. The only argument I can see of her being a bad role model is the fact that some view her as unattainably thin (I've read that researchers have measured her proportions, and her figure actually is impossible to attain; to me, though, she just looks like a thin/healthy woman). So, if an overweight child played with Barbie, that child might feel bad about herself as a result.

On the flip side, one could easily argue that Barbie is an example of good diet and fitness, so she's actually a good role model for children (especially overweight children). 

Overall, there are far worse role models for kids these days, and Barbie is just a fun toy. I absolutely loved playing with Barbies growing up. Kids look to other humans as role models - not toys.

Valeria is just obsessed. She is not the only one they are few crazy ladies out there trying to look like real Barbies.

Anastasyia Shpahina. 

Alina Kovaleskaya

Lolita Richi

Venus Palermo

Dakota Rose

Barbie are not bad role model but obsession is bad for your health.

it depends on the person mentality or maturity in how to control their minds over Barbies.

I personally never like Barbies, I found them boring and somewhat ugly, I pretty much never play with Barbies, just very little. I had more fun playing in parking lots, at the park in the swings, using my bicycle or rollerblade, or going ice skating, playing hide and seek, duck duck goose, Simon say, Etc, etc.