Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

Yeah, c'mon girl, don't obsess over your weight! It means nothing, as it doesn't indicate how much fat you have or how much muscle.

Two girls with the same height and weight can look so different from eachother. One may look fat and the other slim and toned. Besides, there are lots of fat-skinny girls too (the ones with a low weight but who still look out of shape because they have little muscle.)

So really it doesn't matter. I'm skinny, because I'm not a big eater and I love sports. I just eat a little of everything. besides, starving yourself only slows down your metabolism.

What I'd recommend to you is: hide the scale during the holidays. (or let a family member do it) Indulge, but just try to keep in in range. If you've had one piece of choclate pie with whipped cream on it, don't immidiately go for another. try to eat slowly and enjoy it. That way, you probably won't gain a truckload of weight at the end and you'll won't hate yourself for it.

So go for it girl and enjoy the holidays! Take the dog for an extra long walk if you feel up to it and you'll see that indulging once in a while isn't bad at all.

I understand it's hard..let me tell you a story. About my older sister:

She had an eating disorder too about 1,5 yrs ago.

She looked fine before (y'know, like shakira weight wise) but she thought she was too fat. She was talking about it all the time and she was always jaleous of me and other skinny girls. She had a crush on this guy, but she was always talking shit about being too chubby for him and all that. So she started exersising, (I found out she went to the gym evertime she said she went to her friends) and cut down her food intake more and more, until they were just little bits (I don't have any proof for that but she was losing weight so fast it has to be true).

I was too occupied with myself at the time to see *sigh* because she was away all the time, until she got very skinny and my parents ordered her to step on the scale. She's tall (about my height) and weighed about 110 lbs then. She looked aweful and she was always wearing sweaters and stuff because she was cold all the time.

We couldn't convince her she was too skinny and I thought she was a lost cause (after we got into a big fight.) Then, one day she got home and ate evening dinner with us, which was pretty much a miracle.

When I asked her why, she told me that the guy she had a crush on finally came up to her and asked what was wrong with her and if she was ill, because she was so skinny and didn't seem to like to go out anymore (she swapped the drinks and bites for water.) He pretty much told her what we had tried to convince her of all the time and she finally listened.

Sure, it took a while until she was back on track, and she fell back a couple of times, but she looks great now. Se still does a lot of sports, but I won't have to worry anymore about her starving herself.

Okay, that was a long story, but I wanted to make the point that it could go very wrong and that you don't have to live like this to look good. My sis was lucky enough to get out of it before it got really ugly. She was pretty messed up in her head too, believe me. And when the holidays came up she acted as if she was allergic to food. Now she eats normally, but keeps it in range and exerises regularly. She didn't even suggest to join me in my 6 days fast : )

hey, no problem *hugs back* I hope that it'll make you enjoy the holidays better. I know my sis will indulge. (actually, she already is). So I hope you will too.

And if you'd like to know how she keeps her weight in check without starving herself I could always ask her for you. :)

I usually have balanced meals three times in a day but sometimes I eat too much till I throw up all

what I've eaten something like pasta, pizza or fried food. I don't pressure myself into trying to get

a skinny figure that some women want to. I just would like to eat them very much but don't want to

put on weight. Is it bulimia? :unsure:

Hmmm...maybe you should talk to anyone before it's late.It could be bulimia and maybe not but it's better to talk with your parents or a doctor! :hug:

Awww thanks midnight lady :hug: :heart:

I just want you the best :hug:

thanks everybody and back at ya'll- wish you all the best!!! :hug: :heart:

IMO..(not anyone in this forum,but in general)

ppl should leave tha anorexiQs alone... :rofl:

sorry..but...that's how i feel...too much pressure..

not at all, this is a place to support us not our eating disorder (Y)

:cain:

:flower:

no matter how hard... try...still can't get out of it..sometimes

it's an addiction, I don't think that alcoholics can completely recover so do the anorexic it's just how much you can fight back and continue to live a normal life. :(