Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

Expressio, my god, but how many model there are ??? thousands!!!

no never say model couldn't have eating disorder... but when everybody say "90% of model are sick, that's wrong"

yes, but this girl had a mental trouble.

and no, sorry, i'm not naive. i know models, i don't watch them in magazines and say "hum, i'm sure she's anorexic..." do you understand it ?

yes even my cousine is model. he just made azzaro campagne, and before Benetton, in decembre he made GQ cover

and he made another magazine covers. he made l'Oreal (for the skin) and Motorola advertising too.

yes, that's two girls (by the ways, always the same example since 4 years ago...) and trust me, i now more than 2 anorexic, bulimic etc in waitresses, hairdressers, musicians, standardist etc etc etc.

do you think that's possible to be 1.50m and to be slim ? so why you should be fat if you're 1.75 ? that's a non-sens

i know very slim people and they eat a lot!!! boys and girls. and i'm bulimic, so i know how the bulimics acts and trust me, they aren't!

yes, a lot of models are photoshoped, does it a problem ?

i don't know Raica Oliveira and i seriously don't take care XD

photography is like painting. do you think painting very realistic ? does it a problem ? i don't think.

do you really think you will be Adrana Lima because you will wear the same swimsuit ? XD

do you think people never hang out in the street and they need to buy magazines to discover human body ?

do you think you need to be model to excited a guy ?

i never watched victoria secret models, i even never visited these threads on bellazone :laugh: and seriously, i don't take care.

i don't understand how people can be so obsessed by "beauty" and spend hours to say "oh MY GOD, she is so beautiful... :drool: " i think that's ridiculous but they do what they want.

they are allowed to have curves ? don't you think they have been choose because they have curves ?

by the way, as i already said, people can't keep the same weight all their life... so that's sure, it must be a drama if their lost 2 or 3 kg...

it's just horrible to see people focus so much on weight, skins of people they never meet and they won't know. i don't understand. they already live in their "dream" because i'm sorry but spend time to talk about unknown peope, i don't think that's pretty realist... so if the girls are photoshoped or not, it won't change the situation.

and about me, models girls don't distrub me, i don't try to make a competition with them. if i see a pretty girl, she will make me smile, but nothing else. people won't forget me because there are another girls in the room. if they forget me, it will be because i will be uniteresting and not because of the girls near to me.

What's the typical industry weight for a 5' 10 runway model v. 5' 10' VS lingere model?

5'10 runway models, from what I've read, weigh about 110 pounds or less.

5'10 VS model weighs somewhere between 120-130 lbs. It depends though: Tyra was allowed to be a bit heavier. And Natasha Poly, who also did VS, weighs probably less than that. But on the whole they get to be atleast 10 pounds heavier. That's why often the models who start doing VS and end up being a VS angel don't do HF anymore: they've gotten too curvy for those standards. And because VS pays a lot, ofcourse ;)

I see. Very informative. That's about 5 pounds less than I have estimated. Tyra seems to be around 135 and around 140 (last time she did a VS show). I think Natasha could be around 105 or so.

• 1 month later...

A few years ago I lost one of my best friends and she was actually diagnosed with anorexia. It still horifies me... she was only 15! I wish all the girls, who want to be skinny no matter what, knew how pretty they are even if they're not as skinny as most of our celebrities, style icons, etc. It doesn't matter because every girl is beautiful in their own way! I know that sometimes it's hard to believe that, but it's still true. And health ALWAYS comes first. I wish I could have been there for my friend and helped her more, loved her more. Every time I think about it, it makes me feel miserable. It definitely changed my outlook on life! And I am not saying that I don't like (or blame) fashion industry which promotes super skinny body image (I love fashion), I am just saying that girls should appreciate who they are more and staying healthy is the most important thing for all of us. Be strong! :)

• 6 months later...

Well, I've been bulimic since I was 12 (now I'm 16) although I wasn't fat at all (in fact, when I was 12 I was sooo skinny!) but last year was pretty intense, I bought sibutramine behind my parents backs and it was pretty awesome, I wasn't hungry at all, the only problem was that I was shaking all the time and I was always cold, but I didn't mind that, until one day I had tachycardia, although, I continued taking those pills (and had tachycardia again) until my friend found out and she throwed my pills in the trash :/

I would love to have my pills back but I don't want to have tachycardia again, it was awful but the pills were sooo great.

Now I'm weighing 55 kg and my height is 1.62 mts, but I want to weight 45 kg, which I think is the perfect weight so I don't know.

I hate this country, girls here are skinny, pretty and blonde and I'm not ¬¬

Cecileett, if you want permanent health problems you should go back to being bulimic and taking those pills. That´s a shortcut to a very unpleasant life and an unattractive appearance. Bulimia is actually not an effective way to lose weight at all. Neither are pills. All this does is fuck up your metabolism so you gain weight, which is what you want to avoid. Plus your teeth go to hell from all the acid you´re coughing back up. Plus it causes hair loss too in the long run.

When it comes to your body there is no simple add and subtract. It just doesn´t work that way. If you want to be slim you need to be smart about it. If you want to be the prettiest you can be you need to stop punishing your body. A healthy lifestyle goes a long way. Everyone has to work for it. There are no shortcuts in life. If you think there are, you´re only conning yourself.

Well, I've been bulimic since I was 12 (now I'm 16) although I wasn't fat at all (in fact, when I was 12 I was sooo skinny!) but last year was pretty intense, I bought sibutramine behind my parents backs and it was pretty awesome, I wasn't hungry at all, the only problem was that I was shaking all the time and I was always cold, but I didn't mind that, until one day I had tachycardia, although, I continued taking those pills (and had tachycardia again) until my friend found out and she throwed my pills in the trash :/

I would love to have my pills back but I don't want to have tachycardia again, it was awful but the pills were sooo great.

Now I'm weighing 55 kg and my height is 1.62 mts, but I want to weight 45 kg, which I think is the perfect weight so I don't know.

I hate this country, girls here are skinny, pretty and blonde and I'm not ¬¬

about the weight, expresso is right. at first yes you can lose weight, but after a while your body take bad habits and the weight stays the same. and i often lost weight when i stopped bulimia.

now, i absolutely can't eat normally. my stomach can't work everyday or after few days get really exhausted. so i try to "eat" 4 or 5 days per week and don't eat 2 or 3 days. i can spend days without eat and absolutely don't be hungry but fortunately my weight stay the same. dont know if this is a good sign because i have hormonal problems and i can't make sport so i'm the kind of people who easily can gain weight. i'm 55kg for 1.70m so that's ok. my body is not perfect (means, i should be 1.80m instead of 1.70 if doctors didn't operate my legs, so i don't think i really nice proportioned but i don't really take care of it) but it never traumatised people and i'm fine with it

since few months i have strange crisis. it often start by the stomach and then evolve in my organs. my stomach get really cold, i can't stop shivering, my fingers/skin become blue and very cold. i made hypothermia crisis and i don't understand why but it always start by the stomach.

the worst was in august. really big crisis during 8hours. i drunk hot water, take an hot bath, was under the blanket, it changed nothing. i was the summer and my temperature was very low like i was an homeless person in teh street during a cold night of winter. and i didn't feel fine and my heart started to be painful, cold and beat slower. it was really weird but i pretty sure these crisis came from bulimia.

about teeth and hairs. i don't lose my hairs and my teeth are ok. just need to brush them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...