|pink panther|

Solange Knowles biography

Name : Solange Knowles

Birth Date : June 24, 1986

Birth Place : Houston, Texas, USA

Birth Name : Solange Piaget Knowles

Height : 5' 8

Profession : Actress, musician

Husband : Daniel Smith (football player; married in February 2004 in Bahamas)

Sister : Beyonce Knowles (musician; born on September 4, 1981)

Nationality : American

Solange Knowles Detailed Biography

A multi-talented teenager and breakout star who has already released her first successful pop album, Solange Knowles makes her feature film debut in JOHNSON FAMILY VACATION. Knowles began performing at the age of 4 as a member of a Houston dance troupe and studied dance and theatre throughout her childhood. She started writing lyrics at age 7 and went on to become an accomplished songwriter, producer and singer before she even turned 16. Solange recently released her first album, entitled SOLO STAR. The album features songs and production from the Neptunes, Timbaland, Beyonc

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Solange Takes To Twitter to Discuss Her New Do

Solange Knowles’s new cropped hairstyle has caused an internet storm, sending her to the number three spot on Twitter’s “Trending Topics,” which tracks the popularity of subjects people are discussing on the site. And the singer is taking her own Twitter page to express her bafflement at all the attention. “i. was. simply. taking. my. son. to. school,” she writes of the images that came out this morning revealing her shorn hairstyle. She goes on to explain that it’s not the first time she’s tried the look: “i. have. done. this. twice. in. my. life. i. was 16. i was 18. did. not care about your opinion. then. dont. care. now.” But the singer, who is an AIDS awareness activist, expresses her distress that the attention given to her new look is taking precedence over more serious news. “ONLY reason i responded to this i have is because i was disappointed to see my name more talked about then #iranelection,” she explains. And in fact, she says that the new look is more about practicality than fashion. “dont. want. a. edge. up. or a perm. because. im not trying. to make this “a style” or a statement,” she explains. “i. just. wanted. to. be. free. from. the. bondage. that. black. women sometimes. put. on. themselves. with. hair.”

post-19430-0-1446109805-9295_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:50 am

Beyonce is Samantha Thavasa Sexy, Solange is Still Bald

post-19430-0-1446109807-81539_thumb.jpg

Beyonce and her younger sister Solange Knowles promote the “Samantha Thavasa & Disney Handbag Collection” at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel on Monday (August 10) in Urayasu, Chiba, Japan.

Solange shaved her head last month “to be free from the bondage that black women sometimes put on themselves with hair.”

America’s Best Dance Crew will be featuring Beyonce’s music in next Sunday’s episode (August 16). Beyonce will even address each crew via taped personal messages. Can’t wait!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fri, 02 October 2009

Solange Knowles Covers Honey Magazine

Solange Knowles takes the latest cover of Honey Mag. Here’s what the 23-year-old rebel (and younger sister of Beyonce) had to say:

On whose closet she’d love to raid: “Probably Björk. It would be a tie between her and Grace [Jones], but I think I’d have to go with Björk because over the years there have been so many different phases and extremes and color. I am a person who loves color and I think it’s the most beautiful backdrop for life.”

On five words to describe herself: “Water, blood, melanin, bones, and … vajajay.”

On five words that the public would use to describe her: “The general perception is that I am crazy, maybe? That I am attention-seeking. But I think everyone can say that I’m smart. At least I think I come across smart. I don’t really know (laughs) because I don’t really care.”

post-19430-0-1446109735-6039_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1254571010_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Saturday, October 31st 2009

Basement Baby Has Left Her Record Label

Solange announced the news on her Twitter: "Although it’s been a wonderful journey & experience at Interscope Records, after truly recognizing what’s important to ME as an artist, I decided it was time for me to continue my path on a more independent platform. I’m excited about continuing to dive in, experiment and creating music and art with no boundaries, fears or expectations. Gonna be fun folks.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...