Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I'm really excited about the Liu pics but it really pisses me off that the fashion industry is still trying to glamourize cigarettes. And that models go along with it. I personally would refuse to shoot with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. What's next? Needles hanging out of models arms? Seriously.

Candice is a smoker in real life so IDK why she would refuse to do it in a magazine? :idk: at the end of the day smoking is a personal choice and people need to chill about it, every single time X model is shown smoking everyone acts like she is killing somebody, is not even a big deal o.o

I don't like the cover shot and I think Joan's covers are far better I hope Candice has a second cover too, but the rest of the pictures look great (Y)

I'm going to comment on this once and then be done since I don't want to get too "off topic". Clauds, I'm guessing you're younger by the way you talk and you saying promoting something like smoking by "glamourizing it" is not even a big deal is precisely why magazines need to stop using cigarettes in their spreads.It's obviously influencing people that see the photos. If a model was shooting up in fashion spreads people would freak out but because people have been brainwashed to think cigarettes are "cool" and "sexy" they shrug off pictures of models smoking. Cigarettes are addictive and toxic to the body. And they do kill. My father was in the hospital because of smoking and smoking eventually contributed to his death. I've smoked before and I know people addicted to tobacco. I don't knock anyone with an addiction. Addictions are tough to break. What I don't support are people who promote smoking by making it look cool, sexy, hip, etc, etc...you are sending the wrong message to young minds. You ever see the anti-smoking ad where they show models making cigarettes look sexy and showin rappers show it's cool...then at the end there's an elderly man in a wheelchair with tubes in his nose and an oxygen tank and he says that he's the real image of cigarettes...? That's the truth. Cigarettes won't kill you right away but they will over time. All I was saying was that I was disappointed that Candice indulges in promoting something unhealthy as sexy. It's one thing to have an addiction it's another to promote it as "sexy".

I'm really excited about the Liu pics but it really pisses me off that the fashion industry is still trying to glamourize cigarettes. And that models go along with it. I personally would refuse to shoot with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. What's next? Needles hanging out of models arms? Seriously.

Candice is a smoker in real life so IDK why she would refuse to do it in a magazine? :idk: at the end of the day smoking is a personal choice and people need to chill about it, every single time X model is shown smoking everyone acts like she is killing somebody, is not even a big deal o.oI don't like the cover shot and I think Joan's covers are far better I hope Candice has a second cover too, but the rest of the pictures look great (Y)
I'm going to comment on this once and then be done since I don't want to get too "off topic". Clauds, I'm guessing you're younger by the way you talk and you saying promoting something like smoking by "glamourizing it" is not even a big deal is precisely why magazines need to stop using cigarettes in their spreads.It's obviously influencing people that see the photos. If a model was shooting up in fashion spreads people would freak out but because people have been brainwashed to think cigarettes are "cool" and "sexy" they shrug off pictures of models smoking. Cigarettes are addictive and toxic to the body. And they do kill. My father was in the hospital because of smoking and smoking eventually contributed to his death. I've smoked before and I know people addicted to tobacco. I don't knock anyone with an addiction. Addictions are tough to break. What I don't support are people who promote smoking by making it look cool, sexy, hip, etc, etc...you are sending the wrong message to young minds. You ever see the anti-smoking ad where they show models making cigarettes look sexy and showin rappers show it's cool...then at the end there's an elderly man in a wheelchair with tubes in his nose and an oxygen tank and he says that he's the real image of cigarettes...? That's the truth. Cigarettes won't kill you right away but they will over time. All I was saying was that I was disappointed that Candice indulges in promoting something unhealthy as sexy. It's one thing to have an addiction it's another to promote it as "sexy".
I'm wondering why are you talking like if this is the first time that Candice pose with a cigarrette for a magazine, or like she's the only model who ever do that. A lot of models has done the same thing, if the photographer says "pose with a cigarrette" the model pose with the freakin' cigarrette, it's not big deal. Period. Get over it.

Are we really discussing smoking? Everyone can do whatever they want with their own bodies. If someone wants to smoke a cigarette once in a while or on a daily basis I can't see the big deal, really. Of course it's not the best of habits but whatever.