Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

13 hours ago, JazzyJas said:

Ok, no.

Her parents giving her a head start IS nepotism lol

Whereas Candice, Sara, Taylor, Lineisy etc started from nothing coming from places considered to be the middle of nowhere in many cases. 

HOWEVER, nepotism isn't necessarily a bad thing if the model is a good model. If it's someone like Hailey Baldwin or Kendall Jenner nepotism becomes annoying because nobody wants to see them as models. Pretty =/= make a good model. Gigi Hadid is beautiful and I enjoy seeing her as a model personally. I think she would've shot at modeling even if she didn't have famous parents because she looks like a model. If I were Gigi I would be dumb not to take such an opportunity. 

UHG. Again.

I never denied that she was given help starting up. Starting comment was about her having so many Vogue covers. That has nothing to do with nepotism. It just doesn't.

At this point in her career, do you really think her mom and dad are calling different Vogue offices around the world pleading for them to give Gigi a cover? No.

This was original conversation:

gig hadid already got 11 cover in two years!

^ Be a part of the nepotism team pays off!

All I'm saying the whole time is that "nepotism" didn't get her 11 covers. And that's the truth.

3 minutes ago, Schemer said:

UHG. Again.

I never denied that she was given help starting up. Starting comment was about her having so many Vogue covers. That has nothing to do with nepotism. It just doesn't.

At this point in her career, do you really think her mom and dad are calling different Vogue offices around the world pleading for them to give Gigi a cover? No.

If Gigi stood to benefit much from nepotism, she'd have snagged an SI cover by now. But thats a different story :mellow:

Gigi is on so many Vogue covers because she is an "attraction" for young girls. My niece who is 20, is huge fashion/models fan and she really doesn't give a damn about Candice, just like all her friends (girls between 16 & 25) at her fashion school. They think Candysweet is gorgeous and sexy but for them Gigi or Kandall :banghead:are the girls to follow & to see on the covers of magazines. Not Candice or Taylor. They want to see these girls because social medias rule the world today like supermodels ruled the world in the 90's.

29 minutes ago, emerald7 said:

is the show on 30 nov? because i read it could be at the end of november or in december.

I have absolutely no idea, last year it was quite early in november but as far as I know, nothing has been confirmed for this year yet. (if it has and someone knows, feel free to correct me on this) :p 

I was just thinking that maybe Hermann's relative was correct. Maybe she was 8 months when that picture was taken. I assume she'll probably give birth in the middle/near the end of September. I can see her walking the show if she gives birth in September, but not in October. It's just a matter of time now :smile: 

8 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

Gigi is on so many Vogue covers because she is an "attraction" for young girls. My niece who is 20, is huge fashion/models fan and she really doesn't give a damn about Candice, just like all her friends (girls between 16 & 25) at her fashion school. They think Candysweet is gorgeous and sexy but for them Gigi or Kandall :banghead:are the girls to follow & to see on the covers of magazines. Not Candice or Taylor. They want to see these girls because social medias rule the world today like supermodels ruled the world in the 90's.

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

But at least Gigi is a decent model. Kendall would never have gotten anywhere near this kind of career in the 90s. Gigi might have.

Oh yes ^^^Gigi would have been a model during any decade. She fits the 70's and any decade in between till now.

And Candice would have fit the 80's perfectly. Amazon.