Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Gigi also has more than 2x followers on Instagram more than Candice and doesn't live in tropical jungle most of the year.

Even though I'm not a big fan of "instagirls" you guys mention nepotism, nepotism from whom exactly? Gigi isn't related to anyone at Vogue, that I know of.

She has no relation to Anna Wintour. If there was nepotism at play at Vogue, then Bee Shaffer (Anna's daughter) would already have Vogue cover but she doesn't.

Truth to the matter is, Gigi is a lot more appealing to young girls than Candice. Gigi knows how to play the fame game well (dating Zayn), has great personality and seems to be working her butt off. Sure her family money helped but if there was nothing there, money would help only so much. She earned it, you got to give her credit.

And this is coming from a big Candice fan too.

BS, Nepotism exist. Gigi get all this cover because everyone knows her on social media. Magazines aren't dumb. A model don't get a cover because of talent anymore, it's all about who sell it better. Sadly, Candice get less recognition than Gigi. Candice doesn't use social midia like her.

But I trust in Candice's talent, I have sure one day she will be on Vogue US, UK and Paris. 

Just now, angelcandicebra said:

BS, Nepotism exist. Gigi get all this cover because everyone knows her on social media. Magazines aren't dumb. A model don't get a cover because of talent anymore, it's all about who sell it better. Sadly, Candice get less recognition than Gigi. Candice doesn't use social midia like her.

But I trust in Candice's talent, I have sure one day she will be on Vogue US, UK and Paris. 

BS, Nepotism exist. Gigi get all this cover because everyone knows her on social media.

First of all, I don't think you understand what the word "nepotism" means. Nepotism from whom? Who is in fashion industry related to Gigi? Getting jobs because of the social media is not nepotism. Again, you don't even know what that word means.

Magazines aren't dumb. A model don't get a cover because of talent anymore, it's all about who sell it better.

That has ALWAYS been the case.

Candice doesn't use social midia like her.

And that is Candice's career choice that has nothing to do with Gigi nor with some fictional "nepotism".

But I trust in Candice's talent,

Nobody said anything bad about Candice's modeling talent.

There's no need to knock down Gigi's achievements, she's doing everything right. Modeling is a hustle game, Gigi is young, in New York and is working a lot. Candice has always been more reluctant to chase every job and has spent a lot of her time in Brazil.

Ok, let's go. 

Just now, Schemer said:

.Again, you don't even know what that word means.

Nepotism is favoritism family (or friends) in labor relations or employment.

Gigi's mother, who has contacts in this world, because it has been a model and of course her friends that are present in the fashion world that can YES help her in this.

... According as privileges that set and ignores the technical ability to the position of the exercise.

Gigi doesn't know how to work their expressions in most of her works, she has a bad catwalk and continues taking jobs that she got.

So, yes, I know exactly what that word means. Her influence on social networks is not everything

Just now, Schemer said:

And that is Candice's career choice

Exactly, it's her choice. Because she never had, and do not think she needs it, to get where it is.

Just now, Schemer said:

Nobody said anything bad about Candice's modeling talent.

I never said that someone spoke about her talent. It is my opinion in general. You get touched by yourself

Candice spends most of her time in New York working for Victoria's Secret. But she prefers to come to Brazil in their spare time than to stay in a chaotic city like New York. She come to Brazil is no problem. Especially because she has an agency here, which also offers her work in which she needs to see. Nepotism does exist, but if you prefer to believe that Gigi has a real "potential" to get all the covers and work that she has picked up. Okay, who am I to judge. But no, nepotism is not fictional. It's a real thing in the fashion of today and is there, just don't see who doesn't want.

Yolanda Hadid didn't get Gigi all those Vogue covers. If you think, YH has a pull in Wintour's office (and other worldwide Vogues) you're nuts.

They (her parents) gave her a head start, got her in good agency who helped her up but "nepotism" didn't get her 11 Vogue covers. Nepotism didn't get her 22+ million followers.

Good start yes, she didn't have to grind it out like most models but after that it was all on her own (plus agency of course, that's their job).

You're putting words in my mouth. And clearly didn't understand anything I said. Who doesn't understand something here, it's you, who cant see how the action of nepotism influenced in it all.

Nepotism did not give her 22 million followers, 22 million followers gave her influence in medias and that is where the second part of the situation begins.

Followers not (or shouldn't) matter. If so, Kendall would be the best model of the world.

As I said, if you prefer to stay in the ignorance corner and not see what happens in fashion today, enjoy. At the end of the day we know who's right. :wink:

You're doing your best to put yourself on some kind of high-ground claiming how I'm ignorant and you're doing your best to pat yourself on the back as much as you can but then you write something stupid as this:

Followers not (or shouldn't) matter.

And make yourself look stupid. Welcome to modeling world in 2016.

So keep yelling from that high horse of yours, if it feels you any better. I'll just sit in my little corner and laugh at you.

I'm not trying to do anything, again, you got touched by yourself.

Stupid? I'm sorry, but I - and I'm sure many others - appreciate the fashion fact, the old kind of like general talent that can bring art to fashion. Isn't stupid hate your "Modeling World 2016". If you did not notice, I said that shouldn't matter.

Who is trying to look superior here is you. Probably trying to make fun of me should make you feel better. Keep laughing dear, I'll be sitting in my chair waiting for you again answer something. But if it's any advice, do not respond. I don't care and will continue to defend what I believe :happy:

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Yolanda Hadid didn't get Gigi all those Vogue covers. If you think, YH has a pull in Wintour's office (and other worldwide Vogues) you're nuts.

They (her parents) gave her a head start, got her in good agency who helped her up but "nepotism" didn't get her 11 Vogue covers. Nepotism didn't get her 22+ million followers.

Good start yes, she didn't have to grind it out like most models but after that it was all on her own (plus agency of course, that's their job).

Ok, no.

Her parents giving her a head start IS nepotism lol

Whereas Candice, Sara, Taylor, Lineisy etc started from nothing coming from places considered to be the middle of nowhere in many cases. 

HOWEVER, nepotism isn't necessarily a bad thing if the model is a good model. If it's someone like Hailey Baldwin or Kendall Jenner nepotism becomes annoying because nobody wants to see them as models. Pretty =/= make a good model. Gigi Hadid is beautiful and I enjoy seeing her as a model personally. I think she would've shot at modeling even if she didn't have famous parents because she looks like a model. If I were Gigi I would be dumb not to take such an opportunity.