Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

How Candice Swanepoel's New Fragrance Campaign Inspired Her to Bring the Juicy Couture Tracksuit Back

S05krQc0.jpg 

Juicy Couture is adding to their already impressive fragrance family with Candice Swanepoel as the face of their brand new Viva La Juicy Rosé scent. The peony, rose, and amber blend, which is available right now for $94 at macys.com, comes packaged in the prettiest, glitter-covered flacon we've ever seen, and the jasmine note in particular holds a special place in Swanepoel's memory.

"There are so many fragrances that have ties to memory—it's like music for me. I'm always reminiscing, and growing up in South Africa, there are so many different smells that take me back," she tells us. "There's a note of jasmine in this, and on our farm, we had a massive water tower outside of our front door that was covered in jasmine. When it flowered, it was such a gorgeous, strong smell."

cBjRafwI.jpg 

Swanepoel has been a longtime fan of the brand, noting that she has loved the Juicy ads ever since she was a little girl, so being part of the campaign was a pretty exciting moment. "It was fun shooting the campaign. We shot in Brooklyn because we did the original Juicy campaign first, then the Viva La Juicy Rose campaign right after that," she tells us. "I was lying in a bed of roses wearing this beautiful couture dress. It was like a princess dress! The picture is quite calm, and it's all about the look in her eye. It's a little mischievous and naughty." Not unlike the subtly sexy notes used in the fragrance, of course, which the supermodel prefers to wear on her wrists and misted through her hair.

X4VdapL6.jpg

Swanepoel joins fellow VS Angel Behati Prinsloo in fronting a fragrance for Juicy Couture, and while Prinsloo is the face of the I Am Juicy Couture scent, the two did team up to shoot for the OG fragrance—and made a pact to bring back that now-infamous tracksuit in the process. You know the one... "I'm redoing the Juicy tracksuit! When Behati and I did the shoot together, they gave us personalized tracksuits," Swanepoel says. "There were sequins and all these stickers on them, so I'm gonna bring it back. They're so good!" If anyone can pull off those tracksuits of the early aughts—complete with the Juicy Couture logo emblazoned on the back, we hope—it would definitely be Candice.

instyle.com