Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

Linda Evangelista isn’t scared of the big 50: ‘I have wrinkles, I look my age’

post-4242-0-1446104738-60217_thumb.jpg

Model Linda Evangelista pictured at Sun Studios in Alexandria during a break in filming for Australia's Next Top Model in which she appears as a guest judge and mentor. Picture: Toby Zerna

It’s a remarkably frank admission from one of the world’s original supermodels, who made her name in the 90s alongside Elle Macpherson, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer.

“I do want to age, that is my goal. I want to get old,” Evangelista told Confidential on set of Australia’s Next Top Model in Sydney.

“I don’t care how old I look but I want to look good. I have wrinkles. I look my age.”

That said, the 49-year-old Canadian reserves the right to have plastic surgery if and when she pleases.

post-4242-0-1446104738-64069_thumb.jpg

“I’m not saying no ever to a facelift or plastic surgery,” she smiled.

Evangelista flew in to Sydney on Monday morning from the US to film as a guest judge on Foxtel’s Top Model.

post-4242-0-1446104738-65279_thumb.jpg

It is the first time Evangelista has been involved in a reality modelling show. Furthermore, she’s not familiar with the format, having only ever watched a few minutes of the American version hosted by Tyra Banks several years ago.

“I do love reality shows,” she said. “But the reality shows I watch are the cooking ones so I don’t know the format. I did accept this because what I’ve heard is that this (the Australian version) is the best model show around the world and that this one actually produces models because a lot of them don’t”.

Interestingly, Evangelista said she felt exposed shooting Top Model as a guest judge alongside Jennifer Hawkins and Alex Perry.

“I am being me and sometimes you don’t know how to be you,” she laughed.

Evangelista says her eight-year-old son, Augustin, even differentiates between her as a model and a mother.

“When he sees pictures of me he says, ‘that’s Linda’. It is my image I suppose. He doesn’t think of that person as mummy.”

New York-based Evangelista is still very much a working model, this year fronting campaigns for Dolce & Gabana and Moschino and appearing on the covers of Vogue Japan and Italy.

“I don’t have the 10 options a day that I used to have, I am realistic about that,” she said. “It works for me with my family and it is a really good pace for me and gives me the time to do my philanthropic work.”

couriermail.com.au

Original supermodel Linda Evangelista and Australian model and television personality Jennifer Hawkins arrive at a photocall for Australia's Next Top Model in Sydney, Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014. 

AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts

post-4242-0-48552300-1414543365_thumb.jp