Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

I just took a very long look at the cover.  It looks like it was shot in groups of 10 with the same background.  The actual front cover has a different sepia tone from the rest of the foldout, and the lens is closer to the subjects.  The current scan that's hitting the internet isn't very good, so I can't give a full judgement of the cover until I see it in HQ or have an actual physical copy in my hands.  The white lines are a little strange, but I think they were placed there either to give it some kind of artistic effect or break up the monotony.  

Scheduling and shooting that many girls and trying to place them on a cover is no easy task but I give Meisel credit for trying.  For me, it's not quite as epic as the 1994 cover, only because the models on that cover were all pretty much big and famous at the time it was shot.  This 50th anniversary cover has a lot of girls that I'm not even familiar with.  So it doesn't resonate as much with me.  But I'm sure a lot of the younger model fans are ecstatic.  But I agree with la veronika and spiral in that Gisele and Kristen are notably absent.   They would have provided so much more "umph" to the cover because we know their history with Meisel and Vogue Italia. But I'm sure the VI team did the best they could to get them on their schedule.  

Meisel seems to the be the only one willing to capture Linda with her long, natural hair.  She looks great and this is yet another very different look for her, although it's not my favorite.  But when does Linda not ever look different?  The hardcore fans know she keeps her face a blank canvas (bleached brows and such) and much of her look depends on the interpretation of the make-up artist.  And, of course, the post-production team.

^Whoa!  Didn't see that one coming...and I love it! :wub2:   It's so weird...Linda has been lying low with few work projects since giving birth to her son...seemingly retired...and now she's everywhere again.  Tito, where did you find this ad? 

Christy Turlington, Yasmeen Ghauri, Carla Bruni, Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista for Valentino, 1994

Thanks brazilianaffair:flower:   Love this...and again, I sure miss Yasmeen!  I was practically holding my breath for each of them walking down those stairs!  :shock: Is there any more info on this show?  This was probably the closing of a regular show, no?

Linda Evangelista lends her iconic visage for Dolce & Gabbana Beauty’s new campaign, lensed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott. Evangelista was styled by Tabitha Simmons with makeup by Stephane Marais and hair by Oribe.

dnamodels.com

^Whoa!  Didn't see that one coming...and I love it! :wub2:   It's so weird...Linda has been lying low with few work projects since giving birth to her son...seemingly retired...and now she's everywhere again.  Tito, where did you find this ad? 

Christy Turlington, Yasmeen Ghauri, Carla Bruni, Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista for Valentino, 1994

Thanks brazilianaffair:flower:   Love this...and again, I sure miss Yasmeen!  I was practically holding my breath for each of them walking down those stairs!  :shock: Is there any more info on this show?  This was probably the closing of a regular show, no?

It's called ""donna sotto le stelle" (woman underneath the stars), that's an italian show, i live in Italy, i remember watching it when i was little....this was Valentino's segment for that show, judging from Linda's hair it was 1994, very similar to the Versace ads she did that year....it was not the closing of a regular show, just a small tribute segment to Valentino because he was receaving an award for his work