Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

Victoria's Secret Pink model played pro ball

Victoria’s Secret Pink today will open its first store in a pro sports arena: Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Pink models Elsa Hosk and Jessica Hart will attend the grand opening.

Bet you didn't know that Hosk played pro basketball in Sweden.

Playbook had a few minutes with the 23-year-old Hosk before Monday's event.

I know you played basketball but what do you think of American football and are you a fan of the Dallas Cowboys?

"Basketball was a big part of my life growing up. I have a strong appreciation for all sports and think American football is great! It’s so much fun to watch. I don’t really have a favorite football team, but I’m excited to see Tony Romo play [Monday night against the Chicago Bears] and watch the game with Jerry Jones and his family!"

What’s your world been like since giving up the game to become a model in the United States?

"I feel so lucky for the opportunities that have been presented to me. I get to work with creative and talented people and travel around the world. I really enjoy modeling and look forward to where it will take me next."

Would you consider returning to basketball after your modeling career?

"I miss basketball but I still play for fun from time to time. I will never give up playing sports, but don't think I will make a career out of it."

You and Jessica travel the country promoting Victoria's Secret Pink. How has it been for both of you?

"It’s been a whirlwind. We have so much fun together on the road. We get to meet so many great people and experience things that we never did growing up. For example, Victoria’s Secret Pink just hosted an event at Virginia Tech where they brought in Gym Class Heroes, Theophilus London and Chiddy Bang to perform for free for the students. We were so shocked to see how many students showed up. I could never imagine that happening on a campus in Sweden!"

I know you’re celebrating a pink nation. Ever think U.S. men will wear it?

"Victoria’s Secret Pink is geared toward women, so I don’t think men will wear the product. They can try, but it looks better on girls!"