Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

I'm not saying she doesn't get a lot of likes, but am I the only one who finds it odd that with 2,4 million followers, she gets about 60/70.000 likes on a picture? I know there are a lot of fake accounts out there so is that why she doesn't get as many likes as one would expect with so many "followers"?

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

I'm not saying she doesn't get a lot of likes, but am I the only one who finds it odd that with 2,4 million followers, she gets about 60/70.000 likes on a picture? I know there are a lot of fake accounts out there so is that why she doesn't get as many likes as one would expect with so many "followers"?

Selena Gomez who is the most followed person in IG has only slightly better percentage than Elsa.

Not exact numbers cuz I did a lot of rounding up, but ratio of her likes is just fine.

There was already a discussion about this in the main VS thread a while ago- she gets a perfectly normal amount of likes taking into account how long she has been building her following (dead/inactive accounts) and fake accounts. Martha is at 1.9, and averages 40-55K per picture. Lily Aldridge has 4 million followers and gets the same amount of likes as she does. Rosie Huntington has almost 6 million and gets the same likes as Elsa. :rofl: 

Josephine is slightly behind her but tends to get more likes because her following base increased significantly in a short amount of time following her Angel announcement in the last year, but that will stabilize as well. Same with Romee. Elsa has been been building her IG following since her PINK days, so there's a lot more "dead" accounts. 

45 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

There was already a discussion about this in the main VS thread a while ago- she gets a perfectly normal amount of likes taking into account how long she has been building her following (dead/inactive accounts) and fake accounts. Martha is at 1.9, and averages 40-55K per picture. Lily Aldridge has 4 million followers and gets the same amount of likes as she does. Rosie Huntington has almost 6 million and gets the same likes as Elsa. :rofl: 

Josephine is slightly behind her but tends to get more likes because her following base increased significantly in a short amount of time following her Angel announcement in the last year, but that will stabilize as well. Same with Romee. Elsa has been been building her IG following since her PINK days, so there's a lot more "dead" accounts. 

Good points, but Elsa has been building her IG for years and I still find it odd how newer angels like Josephine gets more likes even though she has less followers and hasn't been building her IG as long as Elsa has... Something just doesn't seem to add up in my opinion. How long has Elsa been working for VS/PINK now? 4-5 years?

I thought I explained that, but maybe not clearly. :flower: Elsa has more followers but that doesn't necessarily mean she has more active followers? Accounts that started following her 5 years ago when she started at Pink could be inactive, so while the numbers say she has 2.6 mil, 400k of them could be dead/fake accounts. Whereas Josephine didn't really come into the spotlight until the last year or two- so it's likely a majority of those accounts are still actively following her. Elsa isn't buying followers or anything- her numbers are completely within a normal range. 

Also this is just a theory on my part, based on the fans/fan pages I've seen on social media, but I think the average age of Elsa's fans is a little higher than Jo/Romee/Taylor/Sara/etc. Those girls seem to have the more "fanatic" fans- the 13-17 year old girls who go gaga on IG and will like and comment on every picture. I know a bunch of my friends (early to mid twenties) follow and love Elsa, but they rarely like her pictures and tend to just like for people they actually know personally. :idk: That could explain why Elsa seems to be a top seller for VS despite her lower IG following- her fans can actually afford a $70 bra. :p But that's just me guessing based on my observations. No real fact behind that. 

Edit: @*Luna*

This is a little old now, but here are the numbers from the first time this came up. :flower: