Bellazon

Dexter

k_dub

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess it's up to me to update this thread. This season is a big step up from last season. :yes: Debra knows everything about Dexter now. She understands why her brothers kills, and that some level he is doing a good thing and saving people's lives. Still, accepting what he does is still going to be a struggle, her being a Lt. and all. It was getting real interesting with that Mobster going after Dex and the whole Miami Metro Police Department, but I guess that might be over with, the fact that that Mobster is in jail and all. However, now we have a new girl, Hannah, who used to run with a serial killer, and seems to have participated in his killings. Her part has been small so far, but it looks like her character will be more involved now. Not quite a Debra, with the expecption that she might become ANOTHER VICTIM?!

Before Dexter got caught by Debra in the Cliffhanger of last season? Debra seemed like she wanted Dexter as a Lover.

Now that has all changed by recent events. For now for it seems that Debra is really being a Control Freak on every move.

On where Dexter is going to be?

As for Hannah maybe she would end up being the Victim of Isaak Sirko. Since Isaak Sirko wants revenge at all costs?

Quinn how long is he going to last on the Show? Quinn almost seems like a Dirty Corrupt Politican.

Poor Angel Batista maybe he reached that point of being Burnt-Out?

• 1 month later...

Season Finale was EPIC!!! :yes: :shock: Well, pretty much the whole season was epic. Debra was shocked to find what her Dexter did in his spare time. She struggled with it, but eventually saw what he was doing was not a bad thing accepted what he did. She even wanted to to take care of Hanna. :ermm: However, Dexter fell in love with her. She was like him in so many ways, and accepted Dexter for all he was, the good and the bad. He was so infactuated with her that he couldn't kill her. That really messed up Debra. When Dex told her that he loved her, she was devastated, and broke down and told her that she was in love with him, and was gonna tell him the night before she saw him kill Travis Marshall. Dexter was shocked, and knew he have that type of relationship with her. However, he got why she might feel that way towards him, and they talked it out and moved on.

Lyla, you were almost spot on. Hannah almost winded up a victim of Isaak Sirko. He tried to have Dexter killed, and the other Mobsters were trying to have Issak killed. Eventually Dexter and Isaak came to a understanding, and used Hannah as a pawn so Dex will help him out. Thing was, he could have let the Mobsters take care of Isaak before Hannah got involved, but he cut that guys throat. Go figure.I%20dont%20know.gif Maybe at the time, he wanted Isaak for himself. The guy who ran that strip club eventually got Isaak, but not before Dex and Isaak got the other mob assassins out the way, found out that other mobster that Dexter killed was Isaak's lover, and him telling Dexter that he should allow himself to love before he answered Isaak wishes by dropping him in the ocean where he disposed of his lover.

Back to Dex, Hannah, and Debra. We found out that Hannah was a one-time boyfriend of a serial killer, and even participated in his killings, though at the time it could have been out of fear. However, she was very good at defending what she had. poisoning people that were in her way, and practically untraceable. Her relationship with Dexter was interesting. She even got him to see himself in a new light, that he doesn't have a "Dark Passenger", more to the fact is that just who he is, and he's good at hiding it from other people. And even though Dexter wouldn't kill Hannah, that wasn't gonna stop Debra. She was going hard after Hannah, interviewing people that she knew, the author that was doing a book on her; etc. Eventually, Hannah took care of that author as well. He might have been a killer himself, but that was put to rest when he died in Dexter's apartment. Ironically, she saved Hannah's life when she found her badly injured by that guy who was holding her captive, who she killed in self-defense. However, she poisoned one too many, trying to kill Debra. Deb got in a car accident, but she survived. Dex didn't wanna believe that Hannah would do that, but he eventually found out that she did. Knowing that he would do anything to protect his sister, he gave the evidence to Miami police, and they arrested her on attempted murder. She eventually escaped from custody, and left a plant at Dexter's doorstep, maybe to let him know that she escaped. I guess she gonna take that trip to Argentina now. She had a good run on the show. Maybe it was too late for her to get a Golden Globe nomination, but maybe next year, and she will probably get a Emmy nomination.

Not really interested, but I'll mention it anyway. Quinn is in all and all a DIRTY COP. :whistle: :o :mad: I mean, we knew it all before, but we didn't know he went this far. Sure, maybe he was doing right by the stripper, and killing that mobster wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but he dealed with that guy before. He gave him cash and drugs in the past, and Quinn, in turn, would look the other way. It took that mobster who was involved with Isaak killing Mike Anderson for him to get serious. Now, he is no longer with the stripper, and it looks like he might get lucky with Bautista's sister. Sargent Bautista, on the other hand, does seemed burned out by the job. He brought a small restaurant and is moving on to the next chapter in his life. Doubt we will be seeing much of him in the future.

Now on the the finale. All season, while Debra was going after Hannah, Captian LaGuerta was chasing after Dexter. She never believed that her partner, and and seems one time lover, Sargent James Doakes, was the Bay Harbor Butcher. Ever since she found a blood slide where Travis Marshall was killed, she believed that the Bay Harbor Butcher was out there. Despite Debra trying to keep her brother's secret from getting out, and Dexter planting evidence that would make her believe that Doakes was the right guy, Maria didn't give up. She got some documents from her former boss Matthews. Dexter's name came up on many of those documents, and she remembered that Doakes had a problem with Dexter. Our old pal showed up again in this season's finale, which detailed why through flashbacks of encounters he and Dex had, showed the reason why Doakes got the creeps from him in the first place. These flashbacks were seen through Dexter's eyes, and anybody who has watched the show from the beginning knows that Doakes found out Dexter was the Bay Harbor Butcher. LaGuera even as went as so far to make sure the person who ordered Dexter's mother murder get out on parole so she can catch him in the act. Dexter avoided it at the time, and the person got away. Still, later LaGuerta arrested Dexter, but didn't have any evidence on him, and it seemed to be a illegal arrest. Maria had another trick up her sleeve, though. She had surveillance footage of Debra at a gas station not far from the church which her and Dexter used to torch it. In the footage, it shows her putting the gas that they used into a external container. When Dexter learns about this, he is convinced that he must protect his sister once again, and LaGuerta has to die, even though she doesn't fit the code at all. So he sets up a plan in which he kills the man whos ordered his mother's murder, and Maria, making it look like the killed each other. Deb somehows finds out about it, calls him hoping to talk him out of it, and is on her way to the location. When Deb arrives on the scene, she finds Dexter in his kill suit, the guy who ordered his mother dead, and LaGuerta stiil alive and conscious, just a little drowsy form Dexter M-99ing her. Deb draws her gun. LaGuerta tells her to shoot Dexter. He tries to explain himself, but when LaGuerta tells Deb that she has to end this and that she is a good person, he agrees, drops his knife and says to his sister "Do what you gotta go". Deb makes her choice but instead wounding her brother and taking him in, or shooting her brother dead, she shoots LaGuerta dead, and then goes to hug her, crying. :shock: :o We then she her and Dex at the happy new year celebration at Batista's restaurant, Deb holding him by the arm.

In closing, I think this year was one of the better seasons, especially after last year which was pretty much hit and miss for me. Dexter falls in love with somebody just as twisted as him, actually partners up with one of his enemies, and to reveal his true self to his sister. Deb on the other hand, hunts down Dexter's love interest, admits to her brother that she's in love with him, struggles with who's he in love as well as dealing with what her brother does, yet she came to understand it and accept it. The way the finale revealed that Dexter and Debra will protect one another AT ALL COSTS. :yes::hug: (last emoticon for sibling love)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Damn, isn't this just BITTERSWEET?! It's sweet because Dexter is back. :ddr:rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif:woot:make%20it%20clap.gif:woohoo: (Y) However, it is bitter because its the LAST SEASON!!! :( :cry: :cry2: It did have a good run, and the the trailer looks sweet. :yes: Obviously Debra is all FUCKED UP!!! She killed LaGuerta to protect Dexter, blames her for making her a killer, and is taking prescription drugs and sleeping with numerous men to cope. Dexter also blames himself for the way Debra is, and although he tries to keep their relationship intact, she wants nothing to do with him. There is this one scene when Dex sees all the drugs she is taking and he says "I've destroyed my sister". I know this is probably gonna be one hell of a last season to this epic show, and my mouth is just :drool: for the season to start.

• 2 weeks later...

2 episodes in, and so far, SO GOOOOD!!! :yes:  Debra is totally :lost: . She left Miami Metro, and is now a bounty hunter. However, she is on many prescription pills and recreational drugs, and was even sleeping with her target. Dexter wants to still have that brother-sister relationship with her, but she blames him for what she has become and hates him for it. While the back and forth with all that, he winds up killing her target after finding out that he was gonna meet up with a hit man. The hit man eventually got his. Debra found out where the jewels were, and the guy followed and beat her ass for it. He could have killed her, but he said "You're lucky I only kill people that I'm paid to". However, he winds up dead. Dexter took some evidence from the crime scene tested the blood, and found out that the killer was DEBRA. :ermm:  So now she killed again, and doesn't look she is gonna get off her self-destructive path anytime soon. However, Dexter being the protector of her as he is, covers up her tracks.

Sgt. Batista, who looks liked he was burned out last season, decided to stay a cop because of LaGuerta's death. Joey Quinn is dating Batista's sister. They try to keep it a secret, but he already knows. However, instead of being mad, he wants Quinn to step up his game and become a Sargent as well. Thing is, Quinn is from Boston, so he thinks the pressure to step up his game is a CUBANO THING!!! His getting all racist and stuff will probably end his relationship with the sister. Plus, it looks like he never got over Debra.

Now to the most interesting part. This new girl Vogel, who is some kind of psychotherapist who is brought in to help in the capture of some some type of serial killer who cuts open the heads of his victims and removes part of the brain, makes Dexter nervous. However, not does she who and what Dexter is, she also know Dex's father, and encouraged him to teach Dexter THE CODE!!! :shock:  :o  :ninja:  Not only does she believe that psychopaths can be a gift to mankind, she sees Dexter as the perfect psychopath because he kills bad people, therefore making the world a better place. She also believes that this new serial killer is one of her former patients, and she wants him to find out who it is, and then do what he does. Another season that has me on the edge of my seat. :bounce: 

• 2 weeks later...

That was SHOCKING!!! :yes:  :shock:  I knew Debra was off her rocker, and though she seems to be getting a little better because of the mutual attraction between her and her boss, I didn't see the attempted MURDER-SUICIDE thing coming. :no:  However, from the videos Vogel was showing her, know she knows that is the reason why her father killed himself, so she decided to kill him and her. A bystander at the creek saw the whole thing, and rescued Debra from the car. Dexter, was still in the car, but unconscious and the car was sinking into the creek. He would have drowned for sure, but Debra did a roundabout and SAVED HIS LIFE!!! :huh:  :dontgetit:  That relationship is gonna get super awkward now. :ermm: 

• 1 month later...

Is Dexter worth watching? I want to start a new show since the shows I watch are on hiatus. I was wondering if it is good or not?

I started this thread, and it's definitely a show that is worth watching. Thing is, you are a little late to the party. "Dexter" is on it's 8th and final season, so I have no idea how you would catch up on all of that. Also, many of the seasons are interlocked, and there is a ongoing storyline when it comes to the main character and the characters he's closest with, so you would have to see every season to catch up with the current season. Maybe it's best you buy the DVD's so you can watch at your own pace, though that would be pretty expensive considering the show's run.

• 3 weeks later...

k wtf at that ending.

Exactly. Pretty much to sum it up, Dexter was one hell of a series throught its 8 year run, and it ended with one hell of a SERIES FINALE!!! Debra was shot by the son of Dr. Vogel aka the Brian Surgeon. We didn't know how bad it was, so Dexter had to deal with that, as long as Debra's former boss was looking for Hannah, while he was trying to get her, himself and Harrison out fo the country. Dexter got the call about Debra, which led him to go to the hospital to be by her side. He blamed himself, and said so to Deb, but she refused to blame him, and it seems like she is going to be ok. When Harrison runs up to him in the hospital, he tells him how he was born there, and we see a flashback of him and Deb when Harrison was born. However he has a confrontation with Deb's former boss, with Dex telling him to stay away form him. He replys by telling Dexter not to go down with Hannah. The Brain Surgeon tries to finish off Debra, including cutting a man's tongue out who stiched him up. He found her room, Dexter and the cops were there to catch him. However, Deb's situation has taken a turn for the worst. Because of a blood clot that formed during surgery, she lost a lot of oxygen to her brain, and she was so damaged that she was gonna be pretty much a vegetable for the rest of her life. Dex has a another flashback to when they had a heart to heart about when Harrison was born in the hospital and how he was gonna be a great father to Harrison because he was such a great big brother to her. One such story was "Remember The Monsters?" which was the title of the episode. She was saying she saw monsters when the lights were out, and she couldn't sleep. However, Dexter explained that they were just shadows,and to make her feel safe, he even slept on the floor in her room one time. In midst of all of this, there is a bad hurricane in the Miami area, so they are exvacuating everybody. Dex and Hannah say they can catch a flight from Jacksonville. Hannah gets on the bus to Jacksonville, but Deb's former boss tracks her down and is on the bus. He says that he is gonna turn her in, collect his bounty, and turn Harrison over to Child Protective Services. However, Hannah, being the master excape artist that she is, injects him with something to knock him out so she and Harrison can make their excape and flight. Dexter on the other hand, is gonna tie up some loose ends. After Batista and Quinn interrogate the Brain Surgeon and is locked in a cell, Dexter says he gonna test his hands for GSR, or gunshot residue. While there are cameras, there are no sounds. Dexter tells him that he is gonna kill him with a pen, he puts on the table. The Surgeon grabs the pen first and stabs Dexter in the shoulder, but then Dexter gets control of the pen and stabs him in the neck, killing him. Since Dexter was stabbed first, looks like a clear case of self defense. Dex leaves, but instead of joining Hannah and Harrison in Jacksonville, he instead heads to his boat. He realizes he can not leave his sister they was she is, so he goes to the hospitalm disconnects all the stuff that is keeping her alive so she dies. :cry: After that, while the staff is distracted because of all the people coming in from the storm, he wraps Deb in a sheet, puts her on the boat, and buries her at sea. He calls Hannah, wants to speak to Harrison, and tells him that he loves him, and needs him to remember that tell they see each other again. After that, he is overcome with emotion and says to himself and the audience "I destroy everything I love, but I can't let that happen to Hannah and Harrison. I have to protect them. From ME. After that, he heads off, supposedly towards the storm. After the storm has passed, they find the wreckage from his boat, and both his collegues from Miami Metro and Hannah get the news, believing he died in the storm. Then it goes to a scene at a logging factory, like somewhere in Canada or Alaska. Then we see Dexter walking, looking like he works there, having a full beard. He goes into a cabin located in the premises, takes off his jacket, sits down at a table, looks at the camera, and then fade to black.

All in all, it was a great series, it had a great run, and this last season was definitely one of the best. The series finale was fitting as well. Such as a series like this, you couldn't have a happy ending, or even a bittersweet one. Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, David Yayas and countless actors made this series so great, and I hope to see them on other shows in the future.